Workstation OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 Migrations . MAC O/S X 10 / Linux Ubuntu, VDI, Thin Clients .
Server OS: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, RSA, WSUS, SCOM+SCCM 2007, SCSM 2012, SQL 2K5+2K8, Terminal,, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 , LYNC, MS Office 365 SharePoint 2010, RHEL 7, BES 4.1/5.0.3, Amazon AWS
NAS/SAN: EMC Isilon / Dell - Equalogic / HP Openview Mgr / Nexsan / IBM
Virtualization: VMware ESXi vSphere 5.5, 6.0, MS Hyper-V, Citrix Xen Desktop, VDI
Disaster Recovery: Planning, Site testing, Readiness, Business Continuity Planning
Backups: Veritas Backup Exec/EMC Legatos Networker Administrator/CA ARCserve, Removable media.
Protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, SMNP, FTP, WiFi, Sync etc...
Monitoring: What's up Professional Gold, Orion-Solar Winds, Websense-Surf Control, Manage Engine's OpManager, Dell Server Administrator, IT Assistant, HP Open View/Manage, PerfMon, CMDB, Alerts
LAN/WAN: Network design, test, implement, maintain, optimize, monitor networks.
Security: Wireshark, Splunk, Nessus, Nexpose, Risk Sense, scanning, mitigation & remediation.
VoIP: Cisco - (CUCM), Avaya - (Site Administrator), Lucent/Nortel Meridian - (Call Pilot/Element Mgr.) Confidential
Networking: DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SMPT, VPN, firewalls, etc.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and monitoring of all system hardware/software and related infrastructure technologies.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company policies.
- Technologies include Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware 5.5/6.0 Windows server 2003, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 OS’s, Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Office 365, MS SQL.
- Built and released EC2 instances of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Windows servers for development and production environments.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructures on Amazon Web Services AWS and configuration management.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to appropriate media and recoverable as needed. Monitor systems infrastructure health and performance and addressing issues as required.
- Planned, deployed managed and supported Windows migration and updates. Migrated Windows machines from Windows Windows 7 to Windows 10. Testing and deployment based on user and departmental needs.
- Manage EMC-VNX, Unisphere storage array and two EMC Isilon systems that contain all critical file data.
- Manage multiple Cisco UCS environments (Cisco Communication Manager, Unity, Presence, and Telepresence), support datacenters and co-location.
- Testing and upgrading different applications and programs based on company needs and requirements. Assisted and interfaced with team and staff members of all levels (technical and non-technical). Inventory and network discovery
- Performing a full network infrastructure discovery of all network switches, routers and fiber optics within the university and hospital internetwork LAN/WAN environment.
- Ran security sniffers /scanners such as Wireshark, Nmap (Network Mapper) and Advanced Port Scanner against the network infrastructure to collect data such as devices, IP/MAC addresses, etc. Reviewed all data communications designs for fit, within the current communications network and perform quality assurance reviews on the configuration. Participated in the turnover function by reviewing the design plans to ensure they match the final implementation and confirm that all equipment is accurate.
- Designing, testing and implementing the physical network migration/separation of the internetwork infrastructure topology. Provide outstanding client service and contribute to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Supervised and managed outside vendors and contractors based on multiple project implementations. Review security capabilities and proactively work to identify and secure gaps. Work within and across security domains/disciplines to help build and execute on a cohesive security strategy. Resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application incidents. Work with IT Security management and architects to validate that the systems are in line with overall IT Security policies and standards.
- Assisted with the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure including System Security Planning, Implementation Planning and Contingency Planning of both commercial and non-commercial accounts. Includes monthly server vulnerability patching and reporting, server scanning utilizing Tenable Nessus, Nexpose, Risk Sense or similar software. Review raw log files, data correlation and analysis.
- Vulnerability scanning and analysis - assisting in the design, implementation, administration and testing within information technology security. Security controls, user rights and permissions, security event logging and monitoring, secured server configuration build standards, secure communications protocols and controls.
Confidential, New York, NY
Windows/Systems Engineer VP / Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst
- Created or updated documentation including network diagrams, policies and procedures to ensure consistent support of client environments. Microsoft OS (Windows 2003/2008R2/2012R2/XP/7), Firewalls, patch/security management and updates, Active Directory, Acronis PXE Imaging, Blade logic, Citrix, Connect Direct, file, print, Exchange 2K10, LYNC, HP iLo, HP Openview, IBM Tivoli -TSM, Right fax, Remedy, SQL Server (2005/2008).
- Planned, deployed managed and supported Windows migration and updates. Migrated Windows machines from Windows XP to Windows 7 & and Windows 7 to Windows 10 within a citrix based environment. Assisted users configuring and connecting to appropriate Citrix based ICA client, IP address or server farm.
- Splunk & Nessus - logging/analysis/compliance/vulnerability/network security/remediation support and reporting meeting FISMA/NIST standards. DB Protect, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Netscout, Server Load balancer configurations.
- Responsible for leading the project management/technical relationship of one or more enterprise level clients, LOB
- Reviewed, approved and executed change requests to ensure successful change management.
- Troubleshooted systems and network incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal mean time to repair.
- Ensured the operations center has all documentation necessary to understand and support US Government Infrastructure System Loan Agency's such Small Business Administration (SBA), Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae), Colson Services Agency (as well as their financial vendor partners such as Deloitte) in a LAN/WAN multi-domain data center caged segregated network environment for the LOB.
- Supported Disaster Recovery activities on/off sites. Research and recommend the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Design, implement, integrate and support various mainframes, mid-frame, distributed, web and PC operating systems and ancillary/utility products.
- Monitor Server capacity, systems performance, thresholds etc. throughout the network infrastructure environment withy TSG for the different LOB.
- Managed and administered Active Directory and Exchange creation and deletion of user accts, rights and permissions, group policy, distribution groups based on management policy as needed.
- Provided and obtained timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external). Execute strong problem management to reduce re-occurring incident and execute strong configuration management to track all changes made on server's infrastructure.
- Provided data/operations center off hour support as needed. Reviewed system and network and security configurations with implementations to ensure successful implementation of services from development, UAT and into production.
- Served as technical (SME) Subject Matter Expert, Go-to person for upper management and support escalated helpdesk tickets on/off site as needed.
Confidential, New York, NY
Network/Systems Administrator Engineer
- Planned, implemented, deployed and supported enterprise-wide client/server application architecture network infrastructure for data/voice communications including but not limited to Windows servers 2K3/2K8,2K12R2, Exchange-2K3/2K7/2K10, McAfee/BES/RSA/SQL/DC/SAN/file/print/app/Cisco, etc…and provided high availability, reliability and performance for all network server resources. Ran reports and monitor 24/7 LAN/WAN, NOC, DR network infrastructure via Systems Mgmt. tools (WSUS, SCCM, SCSM, SCOM, OpManage, Insight Mgmt., BindView, Data Security, etc.)
- Documented and updated the existing infrastructure topology and procedures as well as future design changes. Routinely audited, analyzed and updated the network with low latency and high-end operating requirements. Administrated Active Directory (Provisioning rights & permission, group policies, OU's, domains, forests, etc.)
- Configured/executed backups of all servers and other mission-critical data sources via Backup Exec/ARCServe
- Coordinated the development, documentation, communication, testing, enforcement and maintenance of Disaster Recovery
- Various tasks involved working with voice communications, desktop imaging, server hardware, data center, mobile recovery and data backup/restoration. Supported banking/trading live market data Apps (Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters, BARX, ICAP, B-units, Turrets etc.) for trading floor
- Built, configured, tested and implemented servers/laptops/desktops predicated on projects/roll outs, multiple VMware products; Microsoft's Hypervisor & Citrix's XenDesktop for application and desktop virtualization with HP/Dell blade and thin client, AMULET technology. Provided feedback on testing of software/hardware enhancements and provide/relay feedback based on experience as front line support.
- Planned, deployed managed and supported Windows migration and updates. Migrated Windows machines from Windows XP to Windows 7 thin clients, laptops and desktops via SCCM and manual upgrade
- Interfaced effectively with vendors, contractors and management to ensure smooth and timely schedule of operations.
- Communicated relevant activities to management affected by changes or problems within the IT environment. Analyzed current system's infrastructure, communicate diagnosis and execute approved infrastructure changes.
Confidential, Jamaica, NY
Network Administrator - LAN/WAN
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, supporting and upgrading the IT infrastructure.
- Assured uninterrupted functionality and availability of mission critical systems and networks for enterprise consisting of multiple locations, multiple platforms & multiple OS.
- Ensured complete adherence to industry wide IT data security standards.
- Evaluated, installed, maintained, and provided overall support for LANs and WANs including backbone components such as routers, switches, servers (Dell SAN's, file, print, RSA, WSUS, SMS, Ghost, McAfee, etc...) and manual adjustments to patches, fixes and security updates. Maintained Active Directory security policies, VPN credentials, LAN/WLAN enterprise security, change management logs, antivirus, content management and security.
- Designed, tested and implemented interface programs, developed security procedures, regulated usage of large scale LAN and WAN network applications and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Performed plan cost analysis and all aspects of large-scale projects.
- Coordinated network policy, procedures and standards
- Executed daily maintenance and monitoring of data center infrastructure consisting of power management, cooling units, servers, printers, storage, switches, routers etc. via Solar Winds, Cisco works and Server mgmt. tools.
- Configured updated and monitored successful backup of mission critical data via backup exec & prepare external media for offsite storage. Modified current backup processes as needed to ensure continued backup of critical data as systems transition in or out of the infrastructure.
- Supported users with multiple applications such as MS Office 2K3, 2K10, IBM Lotus Notes 6.5 & 8, Safe boot encryption, Citrix, VPN, applications etc.
- Created and imaged laptops and desktops according to department needs.
- Handled multiple projects from different departments to meet departmental and IT infrastructure governmental compliance, (FDCC/FISMA/NIST) National, Federal.
Confidential, New York, NY
Network, Systems and Communications Technology Manager
- Responsible for Confidential 's network systems and communication technology systems
- Coordinated and administered all aspects of the Confidential 's LAN & WAN network infrastructures, all related communications systems, and provide helpdesk support to the organization's users worldwide.
- Researched, recommend and implemented all network components including servers, SANS, routers, switches, firewalls etc.
- Managed the Nortel CS1000 phone system by performing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Administered multiple LAN/WAN networks by specifying, procuring, installing and configuring servers and network hardware Provided installation, support, maintenance and deployment of multiple applications/technology/desktop/server/PDA's and infrastructure components
- Responsible for administering, monitoring, maintaining enterprise-wide Windows 2003 Servers environment - (Active Directory & Exchange, Firewalls, Spam filter, Corporate Anti-virus, Google search appliance, File, FTP, E-mail, Print, Web, Intranet, etc…) Manage DC's, GPO's, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP.
- Configured and managed SAN disk space utilization. Executed and monitored regular Veritas backups of all servers and other mission-critical data sources.
- Drive research, evaluate, select, and knowledge base development of applicable new or emerging technologies in a testing environment.
- Supported maintained and monitored connectivity between all sites worldwide and configured & managed site to site VPN's.
- Created and maintained clear technical documentation for current/proposed network mappings of the infrastructure network.
- Communicated effectively with vendors and support contractors to ensure smooth and timely schedule operations
- Responsible for multitasking project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling
Network Systems LAN Administrator
- Managed and maintained Active Directory & MS Exchange 2003 including the creation of user/e-mail accounts, assigning rights and permissions to different groups according to security level.
- Redesigning and cleaning of distribution lists according to group levels, management of network groups and design of file security.
- Administration support of File, Print, Backup and E-mail servers within a Windows Server 200X environment
- Administered LAN/WAN by performing daily backup, Veritas backup Exec/Legatos Networker Administrator, monitored and created reports on local & remote servers and networks based on SCOM & SCCM infrastructure activities (downtime, crashes, health, upgrades, bandwidth, load balance, switch/routers, circuits, ISDN, T-1, Protocols).
- Troubleshot & maintained network printers, computers/laptops, update antivirus definitions, service packs, patches and fixes, re-image workstations, and retain network printers.
- Managed and lead a team of five engineers during pre-post project assignments.
- Upgrades and rollouts.
- Replaced old terminals with new PC's for network upgrades and data migration in different locations
- Administered telephone systems - Confidential Nortel/Lucent/Avaya (Move, Adds, Changes, and passwords)
- Handled all IT inventory. Contacted/updated vendors regarding hardware, software and IT provisions based on company’s needs.
- Managed and maintained the IT Data Center Infrastructure Environment. - (logging into all servers and monitoring their status, health, jobs, etc.) room temperature, re-cabling ethernet cables, building/mounting server racks and preventive maintenance support.