- To maximize your profits by cutting cost and maximizing systems efficiency through effective administration of the IT environment including all infrastructure and supporting resources. Seeking cutting edge technology and virtualization to provide a UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator and automation or aid the enterprise IT department seeking custom alternatives to high priced UNIX & MS Office applications and products.
- Bringing an excellent work ethic, written and verbal communication skills to include IT administration and monitoring reports as well as presentations to superiors and ability to work long hours and or on call support to see the job through. Over 29 years of industry experience in the design, procurement, implementation and administration of heterogeneous networks and Linux/UNIX systems with focus on the following skills.
- 29 years experience in automated solutions using Linux and UNIX over TCP/IP.
- All aspects of SuSE, Red Hat, CentOS Linux and Sun Solaris UNIX systems administration.
- Support of users and working directly with different database, engineering and development groups.
- Shell scripting for UNIX systems administrative automation of normal system duties as well as build out of new hardware using JumpStart, KickStart automation and proactive notification of system problems.
- Strong network engineering skills and administration to include Routers, firewalls and many different network elements from vendors Brocade, BigIP, Cisco, Dlink and others.
- Design implementation and administration of TLS, SSH and Kerberos security protocols.
- Documentation experience written and web for Operations and Administration of Linux/UNIX and Windows systems.
- 26 years experience with security protocols, Ssh, Sftp, Kerberos, SSL and signed certificates.
- Solaris Sever hardening from initial build to entry in to a DMZ environment for VNC machines.
- SSL Certificate creation and administration on various web sites.
- Ssh public trust key generation to ‘des’ specifications for trusted logins on internal machines.
- Entry of new users and encrypted passwords via Kickstart configurations using Perl script commands.
- Design and implementation of Kerberos upgrades version (4 to 5) on hundreds of RHEL/Solaris machines.
- 24 years experience with respect to direct interfacing to internal and external customers.
- SuSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel tuning and customization.
- SUN Solaris backup and recovery of client/server software, Legato Networker & Veritas Netbackup.
- 17 years experience finding root cause and solving problems across many different protocols.
- Large automated tape libraries (ATL & Quantum) and software for all aspects of disaster recovery.
- 22 years experience with RAID levels 0, 1 and 5 both software and hardware architectures on local and remote storage devices. Including Fiber attached SAN units from EMC, 3PAR, HP and NEXSAN.
- 18 years administration of Microsoft Windows NT/2000 and MS Office client/server platform and systems.
- Administration of SAMBA resources across UNIX/Linux/NT/2000/2008.
- Design setup and administration of network file sharing over NIS and NFS v3/v4.
- Converting and supporting Microsoft desktop clients to Linux Open Office desktops.
- Designing and administering Linux firewalls and TIS firewall on UNIX.
- 15 years experience in project management of a complete document management web site.
- Coding Oracle backend in PL/SQL, dynamic web page interface to the database repository.
- System design for sales demo of product and full field support of the demo.
- Configuration and use of fiber network components (backbone and direct) and CAT6 compliance on copper for Gigabit Ethernet.
- Administration and configuration of Tomcat Java server and ColdFusion MX server on Linux production.
- Knowledge of design and administration on NAS and SAN file systems using SCO UNIX.
- 13 years experience with Solaris 10 Domains, Logical domains LDOM’s and ZFS on shared SAN & NAS equipment to include bootable SAN devices accessed over high speed GEN6 fiber channel fabric.
- Upgrades from prior versions of SunOS. Complete JumpStart configuration and automation.VERITAS Volume Management and VCS Clustered server software for HA and DR.
- 6 years prior experience with administration of IBM AIX, WebSphere, SGI IRIX and HP - UX concurrently.
UNIX Sr. Systems Administrator
- UNIX Systems Administrator Confidential - IS&GS Confidential Infrastructure dept., Confidential MD, Researched new products, designed Solaris SPARC systems for database, application use and web connectivity for the Confidential project. Provide systems administration support for multiple Solaris servers running Solaris 10.
- Install and configure new software and hardware products using JumpStart and Solaris toolkit. Provide systems automation for security and maintenance using bash, Jython and Expect scripting. Researched suggested and implemented many cost effective solutions to aid in performance, data sharing and disaster recovery. Patch and upgrade all systems software to Miter and STIG specifications.
- Perform system tuning and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Support the development and testing teams as necessary, implement several Tomcat upgrades to running applications, evaluate and recommend new products that meet their needs. Manage multiple vendor SAN environments to ensure availability and performance of databases and file systems. Hitachi SAN and HP XP series servers.
- Design and implement creative solutions that improve system processes through automation and documentation. Build and administer Apache web front end servers connected to the Tomcat/Apache environment web servers.
- Also designed and converted the Tomcat/Apache servers to the current IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM/IHS web servers. Administered servers on five separated three tiered IBM application and Oracle database environments.
- Designed and converted the fiber fabric hardware from GEN3 and GEN4 to GEN6. Designed and constructed the management support network and fiber connected SAN devices via Brocade fiber switches zoned for security and performance.
- Implemented fiber multi-pathing software on the database and application servers for increased performance and redundancy. Designed and constructed the 10 Gig Ethernet over fiber network for Net Backup server and clients on all Oracle Solaris and database boxes.
- Designed configured implemented and supported many Ethernet and fiber fabric network upgrades. Test and evaluate new system and application software and hardware for the production environment’s located in Columbia South Carolina.
- Help maintain the 32 Terabyte database for standby of production data containing over 100 million users data. Created and maintain the SOP and version documentation on share point for accountability of duties. Extended usage of shell scripting in Perl, Python, Jython for automation of tasking and systems maintenance on time scheduled jobs and system reporting.
UNIX Sr. Systems Administrator
- UNIX Systems Engineer Confidential - SSA NCC UNIX Security Team Department in, Confidential MD, Deployed new SUN Solaris servers for security testing and training of operating system and application configuration and data using SUN jet server configurations for building mirrored OS drive systems. Configured Cisco switch for private subnet and local VLAN operation of the test environment.
- Created configuration guide for the Cisco switch to instruct peers on administration of Cisco VLANs. Maintained Risk Model documentation for all critical levels of severity and working examples for reference.
- Built and configured Oracle Cluster Application servers using SUN cluster and Oracle RAC over shared storage from a SUN T3 local storage unit. Hitachi SAN and HP XP series servers. Configuration of SUN UNIX systems with custom JASS package for ‘hardening’ of the operating system software and using customized packages and Computer Associate’s eTrust Access Control & eTrust Policy Compliance for monitoring and maintaining the Operating System configurations and security as well as the applications running on the servers.
- Working as backup and automation engineer on the CA Identity Management project IDM, responsibilities include testing, design, configuration, implementation and full life cycle maintenance of this enterprise wide application. Extended usage of shell scripting in Perl, Python, Jython for automation of tasking and systems maintenance on time scheduled jobs and system reporting.
UNIX Sr. Systems Administrator
- Deploying new Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers for Confidential transportation contracts in Florida (FTE) and Pennsylvania (PTA) as well as support of Linux servers in other remote locations.
- Training team members in UNIX and Linux systems Administration for support and deployment of similar equipment.
- Maintained Training documentation for all course material and working examples for reference.
- Provide systems automation for security and maintenance using bash, Jython and Expect scripting. Orchestrated the design and configuration of an in-house and remote connection to LINUX server via Cygwin application interface.
- Built and configured Oracle Cluster Application servers using Red Hat Linux and Oracle RAC over shared storage from an EMC CX-3 on ocfs2. Evaluation and proposal of several LDAP products for conversion of the NIS and synchronization of Active Directory data to an LDAP solution.
- Evaluation and proposal of appliances to handle remote connections to all the data center UNIX / Linux and Windows servers and network resource management.
UNIX Sr. Systems Administrator
- UNIX Systems Engineer for the Confidential Information Technology Department in, Baltimore MDUpgraded, rebuilt, deployed over 290 Sun Solaris 8 to the Solaris 10 operating system for science application and database servers. Wrote and maintained a script based user friendly upgrade system to aid help desk & tier 2 SA personnel in building and configuration of the host boxes using JumpStart and automation scripts to install all support software and configuration of scientific and major third party software packages on mission critical systems. Created documentation web pages for team members to build servers in a variety of situations.
- Maintain remote console devices for SUN servers. Provide systems automation for security and maintenance using bash, Jython and Expect scripting. Maintain control of system changes by use of Remedy PC/M ticket generation software. Created 56+ Sun One Grid engine nodes for users and combined the nodes to maximize CPU throughput for remote control of direction on the Hubble Confidential .