- Self - motivated Storage and Systems Engineer with 25 + years of computer, storage, electronics and NLE (Non-Linear Editor) related experience.
- Extensive expertise in systems and storage integration and troubleshooting, Linux and Windows operating system installation and management, Oracle clustering and database management and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated time and time again the ability to adapt to multiple environments and succeed beyond expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technology users and business leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Able to adapt to customer needs and requests.
- Project Research, Analysis and documentation.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Operating Systems: NetApp ONTAP, Isilon OneFS, Windows Desktop OS’s, Solaris 8Solaris 10, Red hat and Oracle Linux, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2012, Cisco IOS, Fabric OS, HP 3par
Hardware: NetApp, EMC Isilon, EMC VMAX\DMX, HP 3PAR, Dell EqualLogic, CelerraHitachi SAN, Clariion, DataDirect Networks SAN, Cisco switches, Brocade switchesQlogic switches
Software: Windows Office products, VMware ESXi, vSphere, vCenter, Oracle RAC and database, Symantec Veritas, EMC PowerPath
Programming Languages: Shell scripting
Storage Administrator/Infrastructure Support Consultant
- Migration of current NetApp 7mode to new NetApp Cluster technologies(cDOT)
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to adapt by being placed on a small dedicated NAS migration team (NetApp) with very successful project results working with multiple technical teams
- Develop SOP’s for processes needed for storage migrations and improved documentation for existing SOP’s.
- Management of many different makes/models of storage systems in NAS and SAN environments including NetApp, EMC Isilon, EMC VMAX\DMX, Hitachi.
- Provided Storage support for GE worldwide. Provided storage allocations, removal and modifications as well as troubleshooting on various storage platforms.
- Provide support to various technology vendors as related to hardware component replacement providing high availability as required by various businesses.
- Provided Wing-to-Wing support encompassing server and system side storage integration.
- Demonstrate Change Management and Incident management skills as they pertain to SLA driven tasks using Service Now application.
- Troubleshoot highly visible and complex hardware and software issues.
Systems and Storage Engineer
- Oracle RAC/Clustering/database research, integration and administration both Linux and Windows based. Created clear and concise installation documentation.
- VMware ESXi, vSphere and vCenter research and integration. Single server as well as hardware clustering of multiple servers. Integrated and maintain a vCenter cluster for the software development department and quality assurance groups.
- Linux based Enterprise level content workflow manager research, integration and process documentation, including but not limited to customer installations, install process documentation, Linux scripting, load balancers and Linux clustering.
- Research and Development of high performance SAN, NAS and DAS storage and network infrastructure for content workflow management systems, video and audio editing and the digital cinema industry.
- Develop test plans and research criteria to evaluate new storage vendors and technologies as they relate to current products.
- Created system wide installation documentation for a seamless start to finish experience.
- Helped develop, install and maintain our engineering group’s network and storage infrastructure.
- Installed and serviced multi-million dollar VM/Linux based content workflow management system at multiple client sites.
SAN (Storage Area Network) Hardware Engineer
- Handled the setup, maintenance and updating of two high performance SAN systems consisting of redundant Windows 2K servers and 16 workstations to provide real time access to shared high resolution video and audio in a Non-Linear Editing environment.
- Tested and evaluated RAID/JBOD storage chassis’ and Fiber channel switches. Researched file sharing solutions for workgroup video and audio editing.
- Analyzed and tuned software and SAN hardware for multiple editing clients in a shared media environment.
- Optimized Windows operating systems making driver, firmware, system bios and registry changes to improve system performance and stability.
- Integrated and maintained development environment for a team of 10 developers.
- Responsible for the software build process and testing. Automated the daily build process using batch files and scripts.