- As an accomplished IT professional adept at quickly adapting to new technical environments, I am capable of successfully implementing strategic IT initiatives that helps improve business functionality.
- As a skilled and self - motivated technician, I have a proven ability to work individually or in a team environment, where I have the necessary communication and collaboration skills needed to work with diverse groups effectively and efficiently
- Around 13 years of experience in System Administration with technical expertise in Wintel Administration, Active Directory, operations & support functions in the IT Sector.
- Comprehensive understanding of Active Directory Wintel Administration and Automated Deployments.
- Adept in analyzing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex information systems management.
- An effective communicator with exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to relate to people at any level of business and management.
- Build and release deployment, Service Delivery, Project Management
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008 System Administration.
- Good Domain Knowledge of Incident Management, ITIL framework.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process
- Monitoring the effectiveness of incident management and making recommendations for improvement
- Developing and maintaining the incident management system
- Driving, developing, managing and maintaining the major incident process and associated procedures
- Reviewing and auditing the process
- Ensuring that all IT teams follow the incident management process for every incident
- Experienced in managing large global teams including on-shore, near-shore and off-shore personnel across multiple countries
STRENGTHS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to quickly develop a good working relationship with various cross functional teams.
- Good at communicating issues and resolutions to a wider audience
- A team player with the ability to build a good rapport with colleagues. Always approachable, with a willingness to share and learn.
- Additional expertise in project management activities like estimation, scheduling, tracking with key focus on delivering within time and budget by ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Tivoli Backup
- EPO Compliance
- Terminal Services
- Active Directory
- Hardware/Software Analyzing
- Desk Top Administration
- Confidential Office 2007/2010
- Laptop Administration
- Server Administration
- Windows Deployment Services
- User Account Administration
- Account Management
- HP’s iLO
- Hardware Upgrades
- Process Implementation
- Data Migration
- Break Fix
- Rack Architecture
- Project Management
- ITIL V3.0
- Asset Management
- Hyper V
- Incident management
Lead IT Consultant
- Front line technical service reliability operators accountable for handling critical customer issues coming in via support phone line and HUB.
- Responsible for first touch incident resolution (via TSG or SOP) or escalation to the appropriate resource within SLA.
- Responsible for monitoring the live service via HUB alerts, Heads Up Displays, Manual service checks or customer escalations.
- Accountable for High Priority Bridge Moderation (Spin up bridge, start whiteboard, document sequence of events).
- Document and refine Phone Script, TSGs and SOPs.
- Service Request Management (User Provisioning, Client Invites, Environment requests, Deployments, etc.)
- Responsible for refining Service Center tools and process Requirements
- Work on - shift as part a 24x7x365 operations center to provide phone/email support; flexible day or night
- Identify the priority and criticality of incoming alerts and prioritize appropriately
- Handle high-pressure situations with a calm and professional manner
- Understand and edit scripting conventions to resolve issues
- Escalate significant issues to service, network, or other operations engineers at all hours of the day/night
- Track issues through ticketing systems and follow through until resolution
- Write clear, and concise operational run books like TSGs
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify issues and trends
- Aggressively troubleshoot and multitask to maintain service availability and performance
IT Consultant /System Engineer
- Deliver services software to large-scale server farms running on Windows Server systems to plan.
- Administer complex Windows-based systems in a multi-tiered architecture, generally from the operating system, monitoring or Hardware level and up.
- Perform Database related activities such as Database Backup, DBCC, Troubleshooting Issues as and when occurs, Performance Tuning, monitoring error logs, jobs etc.
- Setting up database mirroring and troubleshooting the related issues.
- Performing various database maintenance activities like clearing database logs, shrinking database, backup database etc.
- Drive innovation in service delivery automation and live site management solutions, providing leadership to systems engineers on the team
- Contribute to reviews and in corporate feedback that results in an overall better solution
- Develop close working relationships with various cross functional teams.
- Proactively review functional and design specifications of new service features with an eye for ease of deployment scalability, monitoring completeness, service impact potential, and other key operational factors
- Provide thought leadership to analyze, improve, and optimize day to day operations in a very large automated infrastructure
- Be able to communicate issues and resolutions to a wider audience
- Ensure that issues are dealt in a timely manner
- Ensuring the highest levels of service availability (Site-Up) by being the technical subject matter expert during the most complex incidents/outages related to online services.
- Driving service related activities through standard processes (i.e. change management, incident management).
- Providing feedback on various tools and process.
- Working with service owners, product groups, development teams, engineering, vendors, and others to improve key operational metrics (Quality, Customer Sat, etc.).
- Documenting troubleshooting guides and recovery procedures for service impacting that can be used by the service owners and support teams.
- Participate in the Scope and Project Kick off reviews to ensure all questions can be answered
- Smoke Test (Create/Add Scope) for Support Servers
- Support Server Build Outs through Automated Deployment Services.
- Build custom servers using deployment services for various internal property usage
- Cut Tickets and Coordinate with Different Data Centers and technicians to resolve complex hardware issues
- Install and deploy applications, code and other packages per requirement (MSI, ADS based)
- Pre-functional validation (troubleshooting, initiate fix with appropriate team, etc.)
- Functional and Quality checks before release
- Peer Review Checklist
- Update document of Step by Step procedures to enable effective communications
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex Hardware issues
- Incident management based on ITIL Framework.
System Analyst and Team Lead
- Performing daily health checks on all the servers, which include File Clusters, EPO Servers, Application Servers
- Account Management and Folder permission
- IBM Tivoli backup management. Running manual backups where scheduled backup has failed, excluding failed objects. Tivoli configuration on new servers.
- Worked on HP server hardware troubleshooting
- EPO Compliance and connectivity check.
- Providing Active Directory Support
- Configure, troubleshoot and monitor core services such as Active directory, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP and Group policy.
- OS management and User Administration
- Installed, configured and maintained Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 Operating Systems
- Configured Domain Naming Server (DNS) and created forward/reverse lookup zones with associated pointer records.
- Working with Network Team involving in change process with project planning to the new hardware in terms of Servers, Network and Storage provisioning and performance.
- Responsible for 24×7 production / development server farm monitoring of 280 servers utilizing Confidential System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Maintenance of all the servers installed in the site, which includes File Clusters, Backup servers, Anti - Virus servers, Application servers.
- Creating the users, adding users to different groups, providing access to the users on Respective drives created on file cluster servers like their home drives and departmental Shared drives.
- Maintaining the different call center application servers installed in the site for performance tuning and as per the company IT security standards.
- Installation & administration of Windows 2003 Domain Controllers, Active Directory Design and Architecture, File/Print/Database Servers.
- Windows 2K/2003, Installation and configuration and designing of Active Directory.
- Design New Active Directory deployment/infrastructure for multiple sites for Clients.
- Maintain Active Directory Environment for Clients.
- Troubleshoot Active Directory (replication/DNS/account issue/GPO).
- Troubleshoot Client Logon failures related to Kerberos, DNS & Replication issues.
- Perform regular monitoring of network systems for performance, integrity, security, and availability.
- Configure, troubleshoot and monitor core services such as Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNSWINS, DHCP and group policy.
- Group policy and user account management utilizing a multiple forest and tree directory structure in Active Directory
- Creating and managing User accounts and Permissions on Windows 2003
- Provided technical support, consultation and guidance for Software Engineers
- Experience working in a high-availability clustered environment.
- Installing and Configuring File and Print Servers. Implementing and Managing Terminal Server.
- Migrating Processes from Business area to HDPI which includes application migrations
- Coordinating with different department heads and takes feedback about team.
- Formulating policies and ensuring that everyone in the team is following the same.
- Assigning and delegating tasks to the team.
- Involved in formulating policies like Internet usage, Blackberry usage, System AdministrationLaptop usage etc.
- Coordinating with team to take feedback and suggestions in formulating policies.
- Monitoring of tickets and taking the actions necessary to meet SLA
- Managing Incidents including
- Major Incident with a priority of “Critical” or “High”, client facing
- Priority 1 (Critical) and Priority 2 (High)
- Client satisfaction for Incidents
- Managing user escalations for Incidents and user service requests
- Initiation of Problem Process for problems identified by Incident Management
- Ensuring that all the team members are working as per the defined policies and giving feedback to the team members on the jobs done by them.
- Maintaining and configuring Windows 2003 server.
- Monitoring around 2000 domain users in 3 different sites.
- Monitoring network connectivity.
- Configuring Group policy.
- Giving onsite support in client sites in UK.
- Configuring ACE Server.
- Maintaining RSA tokens. Maintaining network connectivity between all overseas sites using network monitoring software. Maintaining Windows 2003 server, configuring group policy and maintaining 200 domain users.
- Good Logical reasoning, technical skills with oral and written communications.
- Dedication & affection towards research, analysis, design and development related work.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in cross-cultural team.
- Creative thinking with a futuristic vision.