- I have detailed experience in Program Engineering Management and Operations Management, Storage Management Systems within a facility, Network Operations Center, Radio and Television Broadcast facilities.
- Managing/designing system installations and systems setup with Enterprise SAN/NAS architecture. Software Engineering and Web Services.
- Detailed working management of IT Systems, MS Windows Systems, Apple Systems, Red Hat OS, VoIP, LAN/WAN network architecture, VOD, IPTV, Linear, and large - scale Network Operations Center systems. Broadband, Audio, Video, RF, L-Band, Microwave, Fiber, Wireless, VOIP, LAN / WAN Networks, IPTV, Storage, AWS and Oracle in the Cloud with design, architecture, configuration, test and implementation of all systems listed
- Detailed designs for infrastructure, operations and build out for entire facilities including IT and networking systems audio systems, video systems, RF Centers, Data Centers, Storage Centers and satellite systems with Broadband forum specifications.
- Lead and conduct effective project meetings with diversified groups as required.
- Business analyst roles in large facilities.
- Creates and maintain strong and positive internal and external business relationships with consulting and customer-facing roles .
- Well versed in the entire Microsoft Office suite along with many other apps such as MS Project and CAD software.
- Professional client facing consultant.
- Expert with budget tracking, resource allocations, time management, project charters, and schedules with many types of methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM and etc...
- AVID systems
- Grass Valley Broadcast Switchers/Routers
- A/V Distribution Gear
- Deltek Cost Point Software
- Omneon Servers
- Sony Broadcast Electronics Professional Broadcast Switchers & Routers
- Quality Assurance (network testing). Sea Change Broadcast &Editing Servers
- Media Clusters HW/SW
- PC & MAC HW/SW
- Alloy Ticketing Systems
- StorageWorks 2008
- HP Integrity Servers
- HP 3PAR Systems
- ProLiant (DL/ML/Blade) & AlphaServers
- Digital VAX & PDP Servers
- Cisco SANs
- HP ICE
- HP SIM
- MS Windows 200x/ NT 4.0
- Exchange Server. Protocols include TCP/IP
- MPEG 2
- MPEG 4
- H.264 Streaming
- MPLS (MPLS VPN
- IP Multicast
- Telecommunications Security
- Ethernet Networking Systems
- Security Installs (PIX Firewall)
- Cisco Access Lists
- Tandberg VTC Systems
- HD Conferencing
- Integrator Packages
- Telepresence Management Tandberg Codian Bridges GW3500/GW4500 Series
- Telepresence Server and Tandberg Codecs
- Polycom Digital Signaling Processors
- ClearOne Digital Signaling Processors
- Life Size VTC packages
- Crestron systems
- T-1 to OC192
- Confidential IRD’s
- Isilon Digital Storage & FTS
- Cisco 6509
- Cisco 6513
- Cisco 3750
- Cisco 2960
- Cisco 5505 and Cisco 3002 systems. Microsoft Project 2013
- Smartsheet Enterprise
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PP.
Senior Project / Program Engineering Manager
- All of the projects are internal projects for Confidential . These projects are all over the world and range from $2 million to $25,000 projects.
- The projects are all IT related with upgrades and or new from the ground up projects.
- I manage up to 12 projects at a time period with very high communications standards. The team size of the projects range from 5 people up to 30 people at a time. I do regular Webex weekly meetings with meeting minutes sent out to the teams and management.
- I do regular Excel spreadsheets, Word docs, Power Point presentations, Vizio dwgs, CAD Drawings, Smartsheets, Jira, Confluence, Oracle and AWS in the Cloud projects, MS Project schedules, and several more tools for the projects.
- I develop program scope, objectives and detailed plans with budgets and metrics for large complex projects. Develops forecasts and proposes responses to variances and trends with the project.
- Strong technical knowledge of software development with program management skills to launch of new development processes.
Senior Project / Program Engineering Manager
- I implement consulting or customer-facing roles for large clients such as EBay, PayPal, Google, Uber, NVIDIA and several others on multi-million dollar projects. I do utilize Agile, SDLC, Waterfall and Scrum methodologies to manage most all projects.
- I am responsible for developing and maintaining a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of all software security related projects. Maintain standard project management documentation, scope and metrics. I manage Microsoft Azure migrations, implementation / Oracle integration in to the Cloud. I manage large scale wireless integration systems with Cisco and Aruba wireless systems.
- I do build and execute project plans for companies and corporate projects. I do execute software development (SDLC) and IT infrastructure projects. I ensure the software development process does adhere to the requirements and objectives of the project: I do measure project performance using appropriate PM tools (MS Project, Visio, etc.) and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders. I develop forecasts and propose responses to variances and trends with projects.
- I do manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan and facilitate customer acceptance.
- I do ensure a common understanding by setting expectations with Executive Management in accordance with the project plan in order to align the stakeholders and team members. I do implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- I also manage security related project management meetings that are in scope of the projects.
Senior Systems Project Engineering Manager
Sr. Engineering Manager for the South American Projects group on the west coast. I traveled throughout Argentina and Venezuela and help the projects with scheduling, procurement, installation, certification and operational issues for the projects of building new facilities in South America. I support the IT and network computer systems, RF and Video systems, MPLS systems, Fiber Technologies, wiring and integration systems, budgets, contracts and management in making the decisions to build out the entire facilities. I use Microsoft Project, Word, Excel spreadsheets and Power point for a majority of the projects. The position included travel and working from the LA offices and the Latin America facilities. I am responsible for the leadership, guidance for all of the IT Projects in regards to IT Project Management best practices. I did provide critical expertise and innovation in establishing, setting and leading project objectives, and generally setting the direction of the project teams.
Senior IT Program / Project Engineering Manager
- Sr. IT Program / Project Manager for the west coast operations. I worked as IT Program Management to help solve challenges for the Confidential products and the projects that Confidential supported in upgrades and swap- outs for hardware and software installations and upgrades to other users and vendors .
- I supported and managed high level projects for the DAC / CASMR / BSR and digital set top box products. I worked for the Engineering and Management staff in the vendor’s warehouses, headends and also the Confidential Corporate offices in PA, CO and CA.
- I would also evaluate and manage architecture diagrams, IT infrastructure and build out specs to ensure the maximum facility workloads are working well and experienced resources are working at the facilities and on the projects .
- I did collaborate with other high level managers and professionals throughout the company and corporate offices in PA as required to effectively identify and resolve business and functional issues related to all IT and operations projects.
- I did take ownership for driving issues and high level projects to a closure. I had to proactively escalate issues as necessary and to maintain practical schedules for hardware and software development with working knowledge of the relevant business processes .
Director of Network Operations / Senior Systems Manager
- Responsible to keep the facility up to date with ISO 9001 standards and in approval with OSHA rules.
- I am very active with tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 support on all services at all levels.
- Create, implement and manage an on-boarding process for all new clients
- Manage the creation and maintenance of all NOC related documentation
- MPLS architecture design and development, and deployment.
- Monitor work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs
- Support Linear Operations, Video On Demand with several video technologies, PPV events, including DAC's,
- DNCS's, VOD command centers, closed loop encoding systems, etc.
- Ensure escalations of all network events for all video devices and applications such as VOD pumps, IP Encoders,
- Multiplexers, Decoders, EAS video systems, Digital Simulcast systems, VOD systems, ADS/UET IP Multicast systems, and many other applications.
- Currently using IBM 2011, 2011, 3011 and 3650 servers. Confidential IRD’s, Tandberg (Cisco) IRD’s.
- Design video monitoring systems and alerts for network operations. Engineering/Architect experience from concept to build out with equipment such as gateways, codecs, switches, routers, MCU's, etc.
- Oversee the On-Demand programming, offering content services including aggregation, metadata creation,encoding, distribution, asset management, and 24-hour customer technical support. The current platform isdeployed at over 300 headends and is integrated with every combination of VOD server, middleware, IPG, andset-top box.
- HLS encoding and format conversions and QC for MPEG files delivered to sites across the USA.
- Oversee procedures and policies for networking and file delivery systems for storage and distribution
- Project Management and overall project management for current and future systems.
- Currently using Manzanita and the Sencore products for checking all files types and transcoding.
- Currently using Telestream and Digital Rapids for encoding.
- Currently using AVID Symphony and Final Cut Pro for editing systems.
- I currently have detailed experience with protocols such as IP, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMP,HTTP, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, H.264, H.320/H.323, Streaming and NetBEUI.