- Azure Active Directory
- HP UFT/QTP
- Oracle WebLogic
- Office 365
Director of Information Management
- Oversee technology operations including network management, security, service desk support, hardware and software management, and enterprise systems
- Develop and implement technology processes and strategies that support growth, innovation, and efficiency
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and recommend technical solutions
- Drive collaboration between the IT team and business partners in the organization to establish priorities, identify risks, and accomplish goals
- Plan and budget for the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Establish an IT service framework and use policies for user support
- Work with quality management to acquire IT related certifications (ISO 9001, ISO 27001, CMMI - SVC-3)
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and providing guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establishing partnerships with IT providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
DevOps Engineer Lead
- Provided direct system engineering support in day - to-day development and testing activities
- Performed system design and architectural activities, including researching and recommending existing and new technologies and providing for new design specification and implementation plan in terms of infrastructure, interface/software design, software development, testing, and data migration
- Provided analyses of complex systems requirements in all phases of systems engineering
- Assisted development team in implementing the versioning, archiving, and deployment of software artifacts
- Built and migrated systems to development environments in Amazon GovCloud
- Planned and implemented networking, security, and system engineering elements of application interoperability using RESTful web services
- Designed and implemented DevOps automation in line with a continuous integration approach including but not limited to: automated software quality code checking, automated application builds and deployment, automated vulnerability scans and reports, and automated test scripts.
- Hardened all systems in accordance with STIGs and validated security compliance
System Administrator/Test Automation Engineer
- Installed, configured, and maintained laptops, operating systems, applications, and supporting peripherals
- Implemented and upgraded and patches for various operating systems
- Set up VOIP phones
- Assisted with network hardware, servers, and software installation, troubleshooting and support
- Added new users to Active Directory domain and set permissions
- Configured Cisco VPN for remote users
- Set up webmail accounts for new users
- Performed asset management and inventory of existing and new IT assets
- Configured web browsers and operating systems to work with legacy web applications for software testing
- Automated test scripts for native and web applications
- Performed web application penetration testing on web applications
- Conducted phone and in-person interviews for new hires and provided recommendations
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Provided academic support for 200 undergraduate students per semester.
- Provided IT support for course instructor for classroom presentation hardware and software.
- Managed course technology and proactively monitored students’ academic progress.
- Held regular office hours to meet with academically struggling students to develop goals, provide guidance, and build benchmarks for improvement.
- Planned and administered review sessions and supplemental workshops on academic writing, research, and test-taking strategies.
- Wrote tests and quizzes and graded papers to evaluate the performance of students in the completion of course requirements.
- Designed and delivered undergraduate lectures on state, regional, and international politics.
- Worked with faculty and department heads in assessing search committee candidates for new faculty hires.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor
- Acted as primary instructor for two class sections of 20-30 students each.
- Designed and delivered lectures on the History of American Government.
- Held office hours and met with students to provide guidance on the completion of course objectives.
- Met with struggling students on an ad-hoc basis to discuss individually tailored strategies for academic success.
- Wrote syllabi and managed administration of courses through the use of course technology.
- Used interactive teaching styles to further student learning in a diverse and vocationally-oriented college environment.
University Project Manager
- Acted as liaison between the Center for Public Administration and Policy at Confidential (CPAP) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA).
- Coordinated communications between organizations for the establishment of the Local Government Management Certificate Program at Confidential .
- Established and managed donor relations database for identification and solicitation of the initial funding of the certificate program.
- Set up and took meetings with regional businesses with local government clientele to sponsor the first cohort of the certificate program.
- Planned social event for the inaugural year of the certificate program which included hiring staff, coordinating vendors, inviting donors, writing budget reports, etc.