- More than 14 years of experience in programming and system analysis, using Java technology, SQL, PowerBuilder, Informix and UNIX shell scripting(k - shell, Borne, awk).
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experienced in both Manual as well as Automated testing
- Experience in Automation tools like QTP and Test Director
- Proficient in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test scripts for Unit, Functional and Performance testing processes
- Excellent understanding and hands on experience of Traditional SDLC and other methodologies
- Testing client server applications in UNIX and Windows environment
- Extensively used SQL queries for database verification.
- Excellent documentation and organization skills.
- Proficient in tools like MS Access, MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative, productive, self-motivating and a team player
Test Management Tools: QTP 11.0, Test Director
GUI: PowerBuilder 7, Gupta SQL
Databases: Informix, Oracle 9,10g, MS-Access
Languages: Informix (SQL, 4GL), Progress (SQL, 4GL), Java, PL/SQL 8.0, SQL*Plus 8.0, Java
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java, J2EE, VB6
Scripting Languages: ASP, VBScript, UNIX Shell scripting ksh, Bourne Shell
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT, ME, XP, XP Embedded,, UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX)
Business Process Tools: MS Word, MS Project, Visio, Access, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint
- Responsible for cold calling, sales calls, customer interaction, directly in touch with hiring managers on customer side
- Interviewing candidates and evaluating their technical skills
- Responsible for expanding business by making new customers for direct hire as well as contract placements
- Involved in the entire process of setting up business, payroll, and taxes
- Senior developer with Support team to support Special Services stores
- Initiated and created a ‘On call 101’ process to help on-call team member.
- Technologies used Siebel, Informix 4GL, UNIX, SQL, VB6, shell scripting, Java/J2EE, Oracle 9,10g, PL/SQL
- Responsible for setting up test environment, creating test plans, test schedules.
- Involved in Functional testing of the Special Services Order system when it moved to Siebel platform.
- Written stored procedures and other scripts for the QA department to use as an ongoing Quality maintenance effort.
- Special services lead for the quarterly releases/upgrades
- Developing technical specifications
- Programming using Informix SQL and 4GL, UNIX
- Providing support to existing applications
- Part of conversion team to convert from Informix 4GL to Java/J2EE platform
- Involved in Unit and System testing of the conversion process.
- Written Ad-hoc queries, UNIX shell scripts and stored procedures to assist in the testing and QA process.
- Worked with QA to develop test plans, defining scope, writing test cases and creating bug reports.
- Developing business analysis and requirements definition
- Responsible for all phases of project development life cycle including initial design, development, testing, implementation, field support and maintenance
- Testing and piloting applications, including managing business area involvement
- Serving as a key liaison between business areas and information services. Responsible for getting business requirements, writing technical specifications, doing design layouts and demos for the business.
- Providing ongoing support for existing technologies
- Generated reports using Excel & Access
- Generated automated processes using UNIX shell scripting
- Programmed using PowerBuilder 7, Informix SQL and 4GL (7.3),Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.1, Unix
- Involved in developing a Purchase Order Processing system for an offshore client North Central Data Cooperative in the USA.
- Role involved getting technical specifications from the client and programming to the specifications.
- Responsible for unit test verification and module testing
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Programmed using Progress 7.0, SQL and Unix
- Team lead for development life cycle of Flight Catering system which was developed as an independent product for the company targeting the airline catering system. Programmed using object oriented concepts in Gupta SQL
- Programmed a Purchase Order Processing system for Confidential Ltd., India for its switchgear division using Informix 4.1 and Unix, shell scripting
- Direct interaction with users and clients.
- Resolving design glitches and problem resolution
- Programmed a Purchase Order system for COIN Dealership Systems Inc, USA that is automobile part dealers using Informix 4.1 and Unix
- Involved in unit and module testing
- Problem resolution and maintenance activities.
- Programmed a Sales Order Processing system for the company’s electronics factory using Informix 2.1 and Unix
- Programmed a Order Administration and Processing system for the company’s motors factory using Informix 2.1 and Unix
- Involved in developing an interface to MRP software
- Involved in QA testing and resolving problems
- User interaction