- AWS certified Developer Associate with 8 years of professional experience in the field of IT, focused on Linux Administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Cloud .
- Experienced in Waterfall , Agile/Scrum , Lean methodologies of software development and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Knowledge on SaaS , PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using AWS , OpenStack, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF) and Azure .
- Experience in AWS Services like EC2 , IAM , Subnets , VPC , Cloud Formation , AMI , S3 , SNS , SES , Cloud Watch , SQS , Route53 , CloudTrail , Lambda, Kinesis and RDS and obtaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance for AWS EC2 instances utilizing the services like Elastic IP , EBS and ELB .
- Experience in migrating On - premises applications to Cloud and Cloud orchestration using Terraform and AWS CloudFormation templates .
- Expertise in Azure Development worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage , AzureSQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines , Azure AD , Azure search, Azure DNS , Azure VPN Gateway and Notification hub.
- Experience in designing Azure Resource Manager ( ARM ) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Extensively worked with configuration management tools like Chef , Puppet , Ansible and expertise in developing Recipes , Manifests and Playbooks in Ruby and YAML scripts to automate the environment.
- Experience in configuring and managing Chef master server, upload cookbooks through knife , test recipes in Kitchen and other chef tools like Supermarket, Foodcritic and Inspec and building workflows with Chef Automate .
- Experience using Ansible Tower dashboard, role based access control, access to Ansible for deployments.
- Experience in working with Ansible Playbooks to automate various deployment tasks and working knowledge on Ansible Roles, Ansible inventory files and Ansible Galaxy.
- Experience designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker , Kubernetes , Docker Swarm, OpenShift and knowledge in Apache Mesos .
- Experience in Docker compose to run and deploy multi container applications, Docker Weave for auto discovery .
- Experience in Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in Atlassian tools JIRA , Confluence , Bitbucket , Bamboo for defect management, team collaboration, source code management and continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and hands on experience in building freestyle projects, pipeline, multi branch pipeline Jobs and Jenkinsfile .
- Experience in writing builds using MAVEN , ANT , MS-build as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Proficient in managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using, Subversion ( SVN ), GIT , Bit bucket and Knowledge on TFS ( Team Foundation Server ) and CVS.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml, build.xml files performing releases with the Maven , ANT release plugin, and managing artifacts in sonatype NEXUS , JFrog Artifactory .
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios , Splunk , Sumo Logic , ELK , AppDynamics , New Relic , CloudWatch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring .
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software.
- Experience managing DNS , FTP , Tomcat & Apache web servers on CentOS, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- Experience in using web servers like Apache HTTP and Tomcat , Nginx , IIS and application servers like IBM Websphere , Oracle WebLogic and JBOSS for deployment.
- Experience in Installation, configuration and management of RDBMS MySQL , DB2 and NoSQL tools PostgreSQL , Cassandra and MongoDB .
- Experience in defect management systems Remedy , JIRA , Service now and Knowledge on testing frameworks Junit , Selenium , big data components kafka, Hadoop, Spark.
- Experience working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE , Android, iOS, and ASP.NET web applications.
- Experience in Load balancing, DNS , SSL and firewalls. In a secure LDAP environment, worked on designing replication architecture and configured LDAP .
- Experience working in QA, DEV, PRE-PROD, PROD and UAT environments for various releases with designed strategies.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMware ESX/ESXi , vCenter , vSphere , Vagrant .
- Dealt with Linux utilities, KICKSTART , SSH , FTP Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, LAMP stack, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Configured Network protocols DNS, NIS, NFS and DHCP and experience in troubleshooting network problems and provided support.
- Proficient with Shell, Bash , Python , PowerShell , YAML, Ruby and Perl scripting languages for automation, monitoring.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure, OpenStack, PCF, Open Shift
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Chef Automate
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Docker weave, Openshift
VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper: V, Virtual box, Vagrant
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS), Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT 2000/2003
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, CloudFormation
Web Servers: Apache HTTP 2.x, 3.x, Nginx, IIS, Apache Tomcat
Database: AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, MS SQL SERVER 2008/12
Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash shell, Power shell, JSON
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, TFS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios XI, Zabbix, AppDynamics, Splunk, SumoLogic, Cloud Watch, ELK, New Relics
Volume Manager: LVM, VVM
Application Servers: Oracle Web Logic (8/9/10), IBM Web Sphere (4/5), JBOSS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure for our application using CloudFormation stacks from the resources VPC , EC2 , S3 , RDS , Dynamo DB , IAM , EBS, Route53 , SNS , SES, SQS, CloudWatch, Security Group, Auto Scaling .
- Configured AWS Route53 to manage DNS zones globally, create record sets, DNS failover and health checks of domains, assign domain names to ELB and CloudFront .
- Automated backup of data in EBS and instance store to S3 buckets and created backup of AMI for mission critical production servers from AWS CLI .
- Configured CloudWatch events to trigger Lambda functions, Auto Scaling groups and created SNS notifications using S3 events for object loss notifications.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Used Cinder to enable persistent storage for applications deployed in OpenStack and implemented horizontal Auto Scaling use cases using OpenStack components.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files , handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process .
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments, configuration files, Users, Mount points and Packages to run ad-hoc commands.
- Worked on Docker to create images and containerize the application build, by writing Dockerfile and Docker-compose YAML files .
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry , authored Docker files to run apps in containerized environments and used Kubernetes for multi-container scheduling.
- Automated the installation of Kubernetes single node environment on a Jenkins slave node using Kubeadm setup scripts.
- Implemented a load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS microservices container, developed networking policies for Docker Container s, created Pod s and deployed to Kubernetes .
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds to Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes . Created Jenkins jobs to create AWS Infrastructure from GitHub repositories containing Ansible playbooks.
- Manage and troubleshoot Ceilomete r Telemetry service to fetch OpenStack usage and use for capacity planning. Deployed and provisioned bare metal servers on OpenStack cloud using PXE boot through Terraform automation tool.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml .
- Used GIT as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations. Defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Setup threshold alerts in Nagios XI and updated contact definitions to notify potential service or host interruptions.
- Used Jenkins pipeline to provide API access to a private repo and deploy the artifact to EC2 instance.
- Performed host security on servers and hardening to change sshd config file to disable remote root access and written shell scripts to run batch jobs using cron .
- Pipelined Application Logs from App Servers to Elasticsearch ( ELK Stack) through Logstash and monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK.
- Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and used Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Logic, JBoss in Redhat Enterprise 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu environments and supported Apache, Tomcat and generated SSL keys to renew SSL certificates on webservers.
- Created Bash, shell and python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
Environment : AWS, OpenStack, CloudFormation, Terraform , Redhat Linux 6.x,7.x, CentOS 5.x,6.x, 7, TFS, EMR, Java, .NET, Docker, Kubernetes, Selenium, SonarQube, Jenkins, Ansible, Bash, Python, GIT, Maven, Nagios XI, ELK, SSL, Apache HTTP server, Tomcat, Apache JMeter, JIRA, TLS.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Involved in configuring Cloud platform with Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD , Load Balancers , Azure SQL and Cloud Services.
- Involved in design, installation, administration and optimization of hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity with Azure AD , ADFS , SSO & VPN Gateways.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Created terraform templates for provisioning virtual networks, subnets, VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used terraform graph to visualize execution plan using the graph command.
- Defined resources and specified deployment parameters to Azure Resource Manager ( ARM ) templates to create resource group of virtual machines.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack for Compute, Web and Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake , HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory , Azure SQL , Cloud Services, and ARM Services and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Created TERRAFORM scripts to launch the platform common services like CI/CD tool JENKINS , Configuration Management Tool Chef , Secrets management tool Vault.
- Configured and maintained Redhat OpenShift kubernetes PaaS environment. Initiated recovery process of OpenShift Master with Ansible play books.
- Developed Chef Recipes in ruby to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing and cloud infrastructure and bootstrapped chef client nodes.
- Used Chef recipes to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins , SonarQube , Vagrant the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven.
- Designed and implemented Chef internal best practices, cookbooks , automated cookbook CI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins for Chef CI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and Verify functionality.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior and created virtual networks to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker weave .
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications, server configurations in cloud. Setup the automated build on Docker HUB .
- Configured Jenkins master with necessary plugins and slaves to support scalability and agility and configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log to include daily changes.
- Integrated Jenkins CI with GIT version control and implemented continuous build based on check-in for various cross functional applications and created GitHub WebHooks to setup triggers for commit, push, merge and pull request events.
- Monitored the UAT/Production Environments for any downtime issues by performing regular cron job updates in Linux and Windows servers .
- Configured and managed ELK stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers and created optimized indexes and derived analytics on Elasticsearch data.
- Monitored server and clientside metrics while running Load tests using different monitoring tools using AppDynamics.
- Supported infrastructure consisting of RHEL 4.x 5.x, 6.x, CentOS and Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04. Installation, configuration, administration of RHEL OS on Standalone servers using kickstart installation.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling , Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2 , S3 , RDS , EBS , Elastic Load Balancer , Auto scaling groups and maintained access to AWS resources through users and groups on an IAM console.
- Defined AWS Security Groups as virtual firewalls to control the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Developed custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet -forge. Upgradation from Puppet Community to Puppet Enterprise.
- Assembled Puppet Master, Agent and Database servers on multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platforms.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment of servers, created custom scripts and managed changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks . Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible .
- Configured security and system in Bamboo CI. Added multiple remote agents to Bamboo and configured servers for continuous deployments. Created Build jobs in Bamboo and monitored status of daily builds
- Implemented a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Bamboo , Maven & Nexus in Linux environment and Integration of Maven , Nexus , Bamboo , BitBucket , Confluence , Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Designed and maintained the Git Stash Repositories, views and the access. Used automated code check-outs in Git and created branches.
- Deployed the artifacts in Nexus central repository for internal deployments and Managed Nexus repository.
- Monitored Servers and respond to alarms in a timely manner to prevent impact to client and performance degradation using Zabbix . Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and wrote shell scripts to automate the process of adding ssh-keys , generating passwords in python.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Installed rpm packages using Yum and Installing and configuring SUSE, Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, using Kickstart with PXE for LAMP installations.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed Chef Recipes in Ruby to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing infrastructure to cloud and bootstrapped chef client nodes.
- Deployed Chef Recipes , automation tools and Builds, and did an overall process improvement to any manual processes. Evaluated Chef Recipes with the concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Installed and configured Puppet Enterprise with Puppet DB for configuration management of existing infrastructure.
- Developed Puppet modules and manifests to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters. Wrote puppet manifests for configuration management and deploy .Net and Java applications.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins master and slave configuration. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Configured the users accounts for continuous integration and created Upstream and Downstream jobs using build Pipeline in Jenkins . Configured SVN with Jenkins and scheduled periodic builds.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments. Managed the team's source repository through SVN and continuous integration system using Jenkins .
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Arifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Managed a private SVN version controlling server for developer teams to commit code.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios , updated monitoring parameter with active and passive check and monitored network devices and reviewed network logs to identify potential problems.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
- Setup Maven Remote Internal Secure Repository with access restricted to team members.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef .
- Responsible for Building and configuring Redhat Enterprise Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Deployed MySQL queries for database update and maintained the MySQL server issues.
- Experience in Creating and managing users and groups accounts, passwords, permissions, logging, disk space usage and processes via Disk Quota, PAM Limits, ACL s, LDAP .
- Responsible for patches for the operating system, building startup shell scripts, managing the automation of CRON jobs and managing file systems.
- Configuration and administration of DNS , Web , Mail , DHCP and FTP Servers . Managed users and groups on a large scale in NIS and LDAP environments.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and WebLogic application server. Supported developers for Java based Web Applications.
Environment: Chef, Ruby, Puppet, IAC, TDD, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Jenkins, SVN, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, JAVA, J2EE, MySQL, Oracle WebLogic, LDAP, ACL, NIS, DNS, DHCP, FTP.
- Administrated Servers in Linux and Windows environments. Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux .
- Installation of Solaris 8, 9 based servers with Jumpstart and red hat Linux EL 5.x based servers using Kickstart and HPUX servers with Ignite servers in development, test and production environments
- Extensively worked with Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, DNS , and DHCP . Configured Firewall and security using SSL , IP chains , IP tables, TCP Wrappers, Tripwire, and port scanners.
- Prepared the environment for deployment of Windows Server 2003. Install, configure and troubleshoot Windows Server 2003.Configured NIS , NFS , send mail on Linux and administering NFS Mounts.
- Performed Administrative and Management tasks using shell Scripts written in Bash , Python , C Shell and CRON tab in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Implemented SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable password less logins between servers.
- Created file systems like ext2 , ext3 , ext4 , xfs on disk partitions using command line tool such as fdisk, lsblk, parted and on GUI using gparted. Setting files and directory permissions at the command line and with ACL's.
- Experienced in setup and maintained Load Balancers like F5. TCP/IP fundamentals DNS , FTP , LDAP , Remote Access, Security Management, System Troubleshooting skills, Package management using RPM , YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Monitored server and application performance and tuning via various stat commands ( vmstat , nfsstat , iostat ) and tuned I/O, memory.
- Utilized VMware Virtual Client 3.5 in creating and cloning Linux Virtual Machines, and migrating servers between ESX hosts and building KVM hypervisor .
- Implementing NIS and DNS naming services and administering the public DNS servers. Monitoring System Activities like CPU , Memory , Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Installed and configured Nagios as monitoring tool for disk usage, CPU utilization, list of open files etc. and sending alerts to our teams based on the same.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
Environment: RedHat Linux, HTTP, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application, Active Directory, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Windows Server 2003, NIS, NFS, Python, Bash, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, LDAP, RPM, YUM, SSL, Nagios.
- Administered RedHat Enterprise Linux , OEL 6.x, and Solaris 9 Servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting both physical & virtual server problems.
- Used Veritas File system and Veritas Volume Manager 5.0 to configure the RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage System for more redundancy.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
- Configured Proxy Server (Squid), DNS , FTP and DHCP servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Configuring and maintaining system securities using IPTABLES
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission. Installed and configured VNC server/client.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers and Implementation of password less ( SSH ) authentication between servers.
- Checking systems error logs and Hardware logs. Server monitoring using Splunk . Created custom Splunk , dashboards, and reports to reduce user requests.
Environment: RedHat Linux 6.x, OEL 6.x, Solaris 10, Squid, DNS, FTP, DHCP, VNC, SSH, Splunk.