- Information security professional with 5 years of experience and expertise in administering, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure and security.
- Proven strength of automating security processes to ensure operational improvements as well as increase efficiency.
- Superior capacity to eradicate complex issues involving a wide array of systems, work independently or with teams, and excel under pressure in fast - paced environments
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Risk Management
- Configuration Management
- Windows/Linux Administration
- Event Log Management
- Hardware Installation
- Access Control
- Vulnerability Evaluation
- System Troubleshooting
- Technical Writing
Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, VPN, VLAN
OS: Microsoft Server Administration (Windows 2008, 2012, and 2016), Windows 10, 7, XP, Mac OSX, Linux
Software: Fortigate, Symantec DLP, Vectra, Splunk, ELK Stack, Wazuh, OpenDNS, Infoblox, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Designed and scripted custom PowerShell applications to automate security processes and improve efficiency using AD, MS Outlook, ITSM API, Vectra API, Infoblox API, Symantec DLP, internal server dashboard API, and Virus Total API.
- Redesigned user termination audit process to leverage SQL database and PowerShell commands to produce faster results, ensure users were disabled, removed from group objects, and email forwarding for access control group.
- Monitored, analyzed, logged, and prevented threats and vulnerabilities alerted through Vectra, FireEye, Witfoo, and Symantec DLP
- Supported major migration of event management from Splunk SIEM to ELK Stack
- Created technical manuals, process documentation, and installation guides in order to enhance system security.
- Assisted in the deployment of Wazuh clusters for EC2 instances hosted in AWS cloud.
- Gathered evidence and documentation for external yearly audits to ensure consistency and full compliance with PCI DSS regulations.
- Managed firewall, antivirus, IDS/IPS, and mobile systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of network resources.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Deployed, updated, and maintained patches for Windows images on nearly two hundred laptops to support engineering team travel to nuclear plants.
- Provided Active Directory and Exchange support encompassing the transition of one of the local domains to the London location
- Created documentation for new processes and solutions, modified existing procedures to enhance productivity, and developed knowledge transfer documents of best practices.
- Supported migration to thin client with VMware from traditional hardware and provided sandbox testing and ThinApps for compatible applications.
- Trained and acclimated new interns and co-ops with internal policies and procedures, best practices, resources, and skills to perform helpdesk and lab support.
- Provided level I and II helpdesk support to staff upwards of 400 for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, iPads, Surface tablets, Android tablets, hotspots, and cellular devices.
- Constructed customized metrics and reports for daily reporting of helpdesk incidents.