- 7 years of experience as a Healthcare IT & Operations Integrator.
- 20 + years of experience leading highly complex technical projects and driving transformational change.
- 10 years of demonstrated superior business development and application development expertise in wide range of industries, public and private.
- 10 years of efficient manager of multimillion - dollar P&L and budgets, along with negotiating mutually beneficial contracts.
- 15 years of professional reputation for transcending and dismantling department silos—realizing seamless people, process, and operations integration.
- 16 years of IT technical and enterprise development expertise.
- PMP and Lean six Sigma certified)
- Leverages technology to drive organizational growth, performance, profitability, and expand intellectual property capital.
- Acts as a change agent, capable of orchestrating transformative business strategy through data-driven decisions.
- Champions innovation with a focus on developing flexible, scalable solutions for consumer and organizational problems.
- Diverse experience in high-growth, industries, and turnaround environments with extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Respected leader in both highly-matrixed corporate environments and in the Nebraska-area technology community with a unique blend of executive competencies: strategic IT planning, operational requirements and feasibility for greater efficiency and profit growth.
- Strong hands-on IT prowess and ability to lead by example.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Data Collection & Analysis Business Development
- Executive Leadership & Communications Client Needs Assessment & IT Governance
- Project Management Principles & Six Sigma Infrastructure Architecture
- Enterprise Capacity Planning Strategic Planning & Assessment
- Security Risk Assessment & Analysis Enterprise Systems Planning & Integration
- Personnel Management & Human Capital Development Customer Relationship Management
- Budget, Contract & Vendor Management System Development Lifecycle
- Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA) Health IT & Operations Integrator
- Process improvement & Change Management Emerging Technology & Market Assessments
- R&D & Full Development Lifecycle Cross-Organization Collaboration
- Disaster Recovery & Continuity Planning Project Portfolio Management
IT Director/Manager of Information Technology Services
- Utilized Six Sigma methodologies and collaborated with department managers to analyze and document process and system workflows.
- Authored plan to improve software development process, consolidate/upgrade servers and establish consistent hardware/software standards to eliminate unstable, highly mixed operating environment.
- Installed redundant servers and increased line capacity. Launched massive effort overseeing teams of programmers (using scripted language and 4GL in Windows environment) to review and rewrite over 75 key software applications.
- Implemented change control and process documentation for all aspects of the business including new software and telephony upgrades. Deployed hardware monitoring system including multi-tier paging alerts for system issues.
- Initiated Knowledge Repository and Project Office Intranet to store all documentation in centralized location.
- Provided strategic management, guidance, and oversight for the Human Resource Management and Training Development programs resulting in 10 new hires over a 12-month period.
- Consolidated and stabilized servers improving hardware uptime from 70% to 99%. Reduced software downtime from 50% to <2%.
- Transitioned organization to employ reusable object oriented programming modules for applications development slashing time-to-deliver by 50%.
- Implemented rigorous development and testing processes decreasing software defects by 60%.
- Reduced manual processes by 50% with resultant reduction in overhead costs.
- Altered staffing model to include third shift operations increasing on-time delivery of data to clients by 50%.
- Reanalyzed network traffic, eliminated unnecessary routing and equipment and reduced costs by 33%.
- Partnered with Chief Nursing/Medical Officer and contractor in a multimillion-dollar site construction.
Manager of Information Technology
- Administered various strategies for virtualization; infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), Cloud, and VDI computing migrations; and other key business technology implementations.
- Built commercial IT business from ground up, including creation of IaaS with estimated gross income of $500K.
- Developed 3-year strategic systems strategy and 12-month operation plan to overhaul entire IT infrastructure.
- Orchestrated successful implementation by partnering with Department of Homeland Security and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to design, build, and implement $4M (600) high-def. IP-based closed circuit television security camera system.
- Reduced maintenance and support costs 40% by spearheading adoption of corporate-wide standardization of PCs and desktop application suites, consolidating 7 disparate network systems across 200 users.
- Boosted uptime from 90% to 99.999% while adhering to agree upon SLA by designing and rolling out new architecture for website to guarantee redundancy and load balancing.
Director of Project Management
- Hired, trained, and led technical team and oversaw additional outsourced IT resources for total of 100+ resources.
- Expertly turned around PMO operations, increasing productivity 40% and dramatically enhancing its reputation by evaluating and conducting strategic planning for every unit.
- Designed and partnered with Council of Greater City Schools organization and created first-ever technology survey and planning guide that was adopted by over 200 schools nationwide.
- Brought level of discipline to systems operations department and reduced system outages as well as provided for consistent approach to project management by instituting Project Management Methodology (PMBOK) practices.
- Successfully managed implementation for largest project ever attempted, which was $10M converged network redesign utilizing state-of-the-art emerging technologies, providing 2-fold network bandwidth and improving network connectivity to all 100 locations across 200-square-mile radius.
- Orchestrated successful delivery of networking equipment requiring over 1,100 work days and providing 70% of failed project deliverables at 25% of cost.
- Slashed downtime costs $300K through managing process overhaul of technology operations and implementing change management procedures.
- Achieved 91% improvement in uptime, decreased downtime due to unscheduled outages, and met targeted SLAs by leading Six Sigma quality project for process improvement in customer service.
- Successfully implemented $3.5M datacenter redesign, ensuring 24X7 operations and 99.999% reliability environment, including improvements and other conversions.
- Designed and rolled out new Blade server architecture, reducing servers from 300 to 150, and precision cooling systems, decreasing energy footprint by 20% and adding redundancy and load balancing; ultimately increased uptime from 90% to 99.99%.
- Realized savings of $1.5M in technical consulting fees by negotiating network design services.
Enterprise Resource Planning Systems Lead
- Formed and directed software development team performing UI upgrades, serving key role in usability design for all software products and primary authority for flagship back-office applications.
- Managed team of 8 direct reports, mentoring and coaching them in software development lifecycle (SDLC). Conveyed software bugs, issues, and problems to contracted support.
- Ran US payroll system, paying over 10,000 employees and implementing changes to incorporate newly created standard pay practices.
- Managed vendor relationships with externally provided IT support.
- Implemented employee self-service tools for deduction changes, time and attendance reporting, and payroll lookups.
- Configured fully functional ERP system and optimized it for vendor suppliers across enterprise services.
ERP Application Security Administrator
- Designed support systems and led 6-person team in developing graphical application interfaces and delivering analytics to executive teams.
- Implemented and integrated new technologies, web-based ERP systems, and enterprise-wide security policy and procedures, along with enhancing security set-up, modification, class creation/deletion, and user account maintenance. Coordinated proposed designs or ERP system releases.
- Delivered support for interfaces between Oracle PeopleSoft and non-Oracle PeopleSoft applications.