Lead Middleware Engineer / Domain Architect
- Led a team of Middleware Engineers to define and publish standard procedure documents.
- Lead Middleware Engineer for Banks’ most critical top five applications.
- Defined criteria for patching WebLogic Servers, and JVM containers. Published standard procedure documents.
- Automated the process of installation of Weblogic 11g, and 12c
- Automated the process of Weblogic configuration, which includes Resources, JMS, Realms
- Automated the process of Shutdown/restart of the application servers
- Automated the process of patching, rolling back a patch, getting the status of a patch
- Automated the process of deployment/update/undeployment of application
- Define and publish standard procedure documents for Oracle iPlanet
- Led a project to scope efforts for adopting Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA2) encryption; provided guidelines for adopting SHA2 encryption.
- Led a project to scope efforts for adopting TLS - 1.x
Senior Systems Administrator
- Solaris/AIX Operating Systems
- Tivoli application
- Manage disk storage utilizing EMC and Veritas volume manager
- Patch installation
- Monitor performance and backups
Senior Systems Engineer/Project Lead
- Administering Solaris Zones
- Administering Virtual Solaris x86
- Installing Solaris 8,9,10 Operating Systems, using Jumpstart
- Administering file systems
- Managing disk storage utilizing EMC and Veritas volume manager
- Installing Patches
- Monitoring performance and backup of Solaris operating systems
- Managing Groups and User accounts
- Developed a system that allowed support staff to manage pharmacy servers remotely on secure connection to meet Sarbanes-Oxley standards; utilizing C, SQL, rsync.
- Developed a tool for Data Security group to manage user accounts utilizing PERL, SSH.
- Maintained and Enhanced an in-house developed tool which monitored systems resources for capacity planning.
- Developed packages in UNIX/Linux native package format.
- Developed a tool for support staff for managing devices on store’s network by manipulating DHCP, DNS and ARP tables on pharmacy server, which increased store’s uptime by 30%.
- Assisted in a project which implemented Marimba software on corporate UNIX/Linux servers.
- Led a project and carried out proof of concept for retail infrastructure based on virtualization technology utilizing VMware GSX 3.1 and RHEL 3.
- Created RPMs that configured VMware GSX 3.1 and Windows 2003 Virtual
- Active member of a team who performed server capacity planning.
Senior Systems/Network Engineer
- Implemented Nagios as monitoring and paging system for the entire enterprise. Developed scripts and policies, using shell/C/Perl, to monitor processes, health of applications, web/SOAP services, DB2 and Berkeley databases, growth of log files, parsing of log files for Intrusion detection and misbehaving of those applications and services.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM's WebSphere and IBM's HTTP server as the web server and admin site for enterprise. Applied patches and upgrades via EAR files for application services.
- Created system/network performance reports for clients and members of board of directors.
- Designed a system that collected from 200 different servers from around the world and creating reports for auditing, and billings.
- Installed and managed SUSE operating systems
- Installed Red Hat operating systems using kickstart
- Administered file systems
- Managed disk storage including Data Arrays.
- Installed patches and systems upgrades
- Monitored performance and backup of Linux operating systems
- Managed Groups and User accounts
Senior Software Engineer
- Active member of a team that configured standardized and implemented Apache and iPlanet. Automated installation and deployment of Apache and iPlanet software.
- Managed SUN clusters running Solaris 7, 8. Applied patches and upgrades. Installed printers and peripherals. Managed users and accounts. Managed File systems and RAIDs.
- Incorporated Albertsons’ and newly designed American Stores’ pharmacy system that increased pharmacy functionality.
- Created a process for staging and deployment, including documentation and training. Designed and prepared troubleshooting documentation to be used by programmers and support personnel.
- Converted code to C, from C++, for porting MQSeries agent to Solaris x86 2.6.
- Active member of a team that ported Kronos application, DOS based, to Solaris.
- Developed an admin tool for help desk for troubleshooting and fixing real time issues in Retail environment.
- Implemented Samba for fictionalizing ISP servers as a file and printer server in Retail environment.
Senior Software Engineer
- Generated As Designed, and As Build Document.
- Pioneered development of client/server based solutions, network-based backup solution, network based switch for terminals and fail-over routine that reduced customer down time by 40%.
- Implemented, managed and improved Revision Source Control software, which enhanced employees’ productivity and increased company’s profit.
- Designed and developed a host communication subsystem using SNA and TCP/IP protocols that reduced project timelines and costs and reduced customer system complexity.
- Trained customers on AS/RS Systems.
- Integrated AS/RS systems and audited customers’ sites.