- Mainframe and PC programming experience.
- Solid language and architectural skills.
- Strong new development and design knowledge base.
- Extensive systems analysis and programming experience.
- Successful management of programmers under extreme time sensitive deadlines with consistent on time and within budget results.
- Superior communication skills with users and programming staff.
Hardware: IBM Mainframe, PC
Software: CICS, IMS, IMS DB/DC, DB2, SPUFI, QMF, OS/JCL, IBM Utilities, MVS, Syncsort, VSAM, Intertest, Microsoft Office, TSO/ISPF, FileAid, PanValet, Librarian, Easytrieve, QuikJob, Dyl280
Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, COBOL LE, AcuCOBOL
- Analyzed and developed technical specifications for system enhancements.
- Established timeframe parameters for projects.
- Produced Sarbanes - Oxley compliant documentation.
- Implemented changes relating to state requirements.
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Consultant
- Involved in the analysis and documentation of multiple systems.
- Provided production support and maintenance.
- Analyzed and corrected production issues.
- Involved in the analysis and documentation of a print generation system.
- Provided analysis and support for system corrections and enhancements.
- Maintained and customized the Southware Excellence package of products.
- Addressed user requests for enhancements to the existing system.
- Analyzed and implemented of custom reports and programs.
- Designed and implemented shipment forms as per the client specifications.
- Managed client EDI development and implementation.
Supervisor Application Development/Technical Expert
- Provided the analysis and system/program design for implementation of new systems and the re-engineering of existing functions.
- Performed the primary analysis and design for the conversion of IMS databases to DB2.
- Interfaced with users to determine system needs and existing short falls.
- Re-engineered batch and on-line processing systems resulting in a reduction in processing time and an increase in information accuracy.
- Established major programming revisions to all production systems providing more detailed reporting, data accuracy, and better distribution.
- Supervised teams of 6-8 programmers in the maintenance and continued revisions of all systems and programs.
- Addressed client-company’s software needs and determining corrective action plans.
- Revised and improved efficiencies in multiple systems.
- Developed new programming in order to provide the necessary data or data manipulation required.