- Forward thinking Senior Technical Team Lead with extensive experience as an Infrastructure Architect and support team leader for large network environments and specializing in test environment capabilities and readiness for financial services application development teams.
- Significant experience as a remote technical leader for an international team, mentoring junior staff members, assigning work, and managing projects.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of management and technical knowledge.
- As the Team Lead of Schwab's Integrated Platform Services team, drove the adoption of Agile principles for project management, significantly improved team efficiency and effectiveness, and launched technology initiatives aimed at test data modernization and environment cost reduction.
Infrastructure Architect and Support Team Lead
- Achieved 95% availability of development and test environments by directing and coaching the team on maintaining system availability, building DevOps automation systems, communicating system status, and ensuring compliance to information security standards
- Reduced new server build and deployment time by 99.4% by developing automation to replace manual tasks for IBM WebSphere application setup and configuration
- Reduced storage footprint by 75% through integration with Pure Storage array technology
- Initiated development of a cross-enterprise test data strategy by launching an effort to collect test data requirements, research tools and best practices, and conduct governance reviews of targeted vendor products and processes
- Recognized as a “Key Contributor” for continuous performance above expectations as a remote worker and leader
Environment Support and Deployment Team LeadConfidential
- Greatly improved system availability and developer productivity for multiple application platforms by employing standardized tooling and procedures for test environment support
- Increased team efficiency by 33% by designing and implementing orchestration automation to reduce manual efforts for repeatable tasks
- Eliminated duplication of efforts and missing tasks by modifying and integrating Agile/Kanban practices to fit an infrastructure support focused team
- Streamlined test environment scenario setup by developing automation to adjust MQ publishing bus subscriptions and other application configurations
- Improved testing productivity and quality by assessing current testing capabilities and partnering with infrastructure, development and QA teams to mitigate technology gaps and process risks
Principal Design Engineer
- Eliminated the majority of production issues caused by infrastructure changes by partnering with QA team to develop robust validation procedures in lower environments
- Achieved 100% success rate of disaster recovery testing by designing a test plan routing live traffic to the DR systems
- Led and engaged in incident root cause analysis activities to identify, resolve, and prevent system issues
- Brought server operations into compliance with company standards by coordinating the migration of three complex test environments from the San Francisco office to the data center in Arizona
- Recognized for innovation and teamwork on multiple projects for delivering new solutions and leading teams to meet goals on time and on budget