Extremely skilled Storage and Network Engineer, background includes both NOC, Lab Development testing and enterprise environments. This includes design/architecture and operations experience. Equipment supported includes full line of Netapp and EMC SAN/NAS hardware and switches along with Cisco routers and switches. Additional experience includes Security Technologies, Project Management and Technical Writing skills.
- SAN and NFS experience includes provisioning and implementation and design on full line of Netapp and EMC Storage systems and Cisco MDS SAN switches, Netapp 7 - mode and Cluster mode. EMC Clariion CX3-40, Clariion CRX 120, EMC VNX 5700, 5800, EMC VMAX 10, 20 and 40k, EMC Vplex, VIPR, EMC RPA’s EMC RM, EMC SRDF, ESRS Gateways, Extreme I/O, Cisco MDS 9700, 9500, 9216, 9222i San switches, Host hardware environments included Cisco, Dell, and HP Blade servers, variety of vendor standalone physical and clusters servers. Performed SAN and NAS integration with following platforms; RHEL 6.5 and below, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server, VMware 5.0 and below. Windows 2012 server and below. Some databases included Oracle RAC, Cluster and Standalone, DB2, Sybase, and MSSQL. SnapManager for Exchange, SnapManager for SQL, Snapdrive, SnapMirror, SnapCreator, Flexclone, Iscsi, Snapshot Technology. OnCommand, DFM Operations Manager, Premium Autosupport. SnapCreator
- Network Engineering experience includes provisioning, implementation and design of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3600, 4000, 7200 7500 and 12000 Series Routers; Juniper 10, 20, 50 series routers, Server Iron Foundry Switches, Catalyst 2900, 3500, 4000 and 6500 Series Switches; Nokia IP 330, 440 and 650 Series Firewalls; PIX 515 and 520 Series Firewalls; Cisco Local and Distributed Directors; Netscreen Firewalls, Cisco ASA5500 Series Firewalls, Nokia F5 and Big-IP Load Balancers, Brocade Switches; Computerm, CNT Channel Extenders, Cisco 9500 MDS Series Switches, Cisco Wireless 1100, 1200 Aironet AP’s, Cisco WLSE 1133, Cisco ACS 3.3 Suite, Netapp FAS900, FAS6000, FAS3000, FAS200 and FAS2050 Filers, Dell Power Edge Series Servers, HP Proliant Series Servers, IBM, HP and Dell Blade Servers, VMWare ESX Servers, C-Band and KU-Band Satellite Technologies, iDirect Hubs, Cisco CRS-1, DWDM Nortel 6500, ISDN, Frame-Relay, OSPF, BGP4, RIP, RIP2, EIGRP, MPLS, ATM, HSRP, NAT, DDR, TCP/IP, PPP, HDLC, Access List Configuration, VLANs, PVLANs, VSAN, Trunking, Real Secure IDS Systems, HP Openview, CiscoWorks, Cisco IOS Firewall Set, Cisco PIX, Checkpoint 2000, Nokia IPSO, AAA, Solaris, TACACS+, VPN, IPSEC, Remedy Ticketing System, Service Center Ticketing System, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, DNS configuration, Netbackup, Syncsort Backup Express, NIC Teaming, Server Clustering, Netapp Data On-Tap, Windows XP, MS Windows Enterprise servers and Standard Server 2000, 2003, MS Small Business Server, Linux, ISCSI, CIFS, NFS, FCP, VMware ESX3 4 and 5 Servers, IDirect Management, Solar Winds, Metasolv, LogLogic, Spectrum, OME DWDM, Weather Map, Cisco USC Blade servers, V-Block.
Solutions Architecture Support Engineer
- Collaborated on Design and Architecture strategies for new lab build out requirements.
- Implemented EMC Vplex storage in Local and Metro Cluster designs along with VMware Stretch cluster and Recover Point backup and recovery solutions.
- Provisioned and maintained EMC VMAX 10 and 20K SRDF STAR and VMware SRM redundancy solutions.
- Provisioned all new storage on EMC VMAX, VNX 5300 Unified systems,XtremIO.
- Provisioned and maintained all Netapp CDOT, 7-Mode sysstems.
- Worked with On-Command to gather all Storage and Performance statics.
- Built out all client lab components for Use case testing and POC . Included Windows and Linux server builds via bare metal and VM machines. Provisioned various storage LUNs and NAS disk to servers via XtremIO, Netapp, and EMC.
- Assigned IPs and configured Cisco Nexus 7k routing and 5K switching for inter-networking and AWS cloud connectivity.
- Configured all SAN zoning on Cisco SAN switches.
- Worked with VMware Vcenter 5.1 and 5.5 on a daily basis.
- Worked on implementation of new V-realize and NSX solutions into our current lab environment.
- Installed new Cisco USC blade servers and VBlock solutions into lab environment.
- Executed a variety of test scenarios from Database backup and recovery options to storage performance and Load comparisons.
- Used tools such as IXIA, VDBENCH and Orion scripts to run performance and load comparisons.
- Documented all processes and uploaded to Share Point Database.
Storage Migration Engineer
- Manage Netapp refresh and migration projects to transition from Netapp 7-mode to CDOT.
- Manage Installation and Implementation projects to onboard new Netapp filers into Production.
- Handle P1 production issues for NAS and CIFS storage issues.
- Create Confidential ITSM change request to support all changes and acquire LOB approvals.
- Create Run Book documents for each change executed.
- Approve peer reviews for work being executed by other team members.
- Work with Confidential PRIME and TAMS systems to update documentation for onboarding
- Coordinate team meeting with all parties involved Confidential times of Migrations/Installations.
Technical Storage Architect
- Performed storage certifications in Confidential & Confidential Lab/Development environments.
- Created technical documentation to support each certified environment requirements.
- Certified with Confidential &Ts VizGems SNMP tools and MIB priority definitions.
- Worked with Netapps Snapmirror/Snapvault, SnapCreator and SnapManager products to perform backup/recovery solutions.
- Tested platforms include Oracle RAC, Oracle standalone, DB2, Sybase, Win2008 server, Win2012 server, VCS, to name a few. Using physical and virtual hardware on blade servers and VMware.
- Worked with Netapps Virtual Storage Console for VMware backup and restore solutions.
- Worked with CIFS and NFS NAS solutions and FC protocols.
- Provisioned Netapp, 3PAR and EMC storage for both NFS and SAN.
- Provisioned zoning on SAN switch infrastructure.
- Certified storage with server OS environments that included Windows, Solaris, HPUX, and Linux.
- Certified database environments that included Oracle, Oracle RAC, DB2, Sybase.
- Certified local and remote backups and restores via EMC and Netapp replication technologies.
- Performed 3rd level support for any production issue’s that get escalated.
- Responsible for daily changes and trouble resolution on JNJ’s NAS Netapp infrastructure.
- Legacy storage environment consist of Netapp F840, FAS900, FAS3000, and R200.
- NG storage environment consist of Netapp FAS2000, FAS3000 and FAS600 series filers.
- Work with Snapmirror DR, and Snapvault backup and solutions.
- Work with CIFS and NFS and FC protocols.
- Work on backup and recovery daily using Netapp Management Console.
- Work on Global File Storage project, moving legacy storage to next generation storage.
- Fully implement and configure all new Netapp hardware.
- Execute data migration and validation utilizing Secure Copy and Stealthbits software.
- Perform data migration from MS Windows servers to Netapp vfilers.
- Execute data discovery process using TreeSize Professional.
- Create Storage allocation plan from discovery process.
- Plot and monitor Dashboards prior to actual migration to gather baseline copy timelines.
Senior Backbone Engineer
- Reviewed new design procedures in preparation for change management process.
- Responsible for changes and trouble resolution on Confidential Core and Edge backbone.
- Consisted of Cisco CRS-16 and CRS-8 routers on enterprise core and PE.
- Cisco 7600 and Juniper routers on edge and PE and variety of Cisco Access routers.
- Core consisted of BGP Peering, Tier 1, Transit and SFI customer peering.
- Core routers communicated via ISIS as IGP and IBGP full mesh and route reflectors out to PE.
- Core and Edge communicated over 40Gig bundled Ethernet for all unicast traffic.
- TenGig bundled Ethernet was used for all video traffic separate via BGP policy.
- Transport consisted of fully redundant enterprise DWDM fiber network using Nortel 6500s.
- Designed and implemented new network infrastructure changes.
- Worked as a 3rd level support, network Engineer Confidential busy Teleport in Holmdel, NJ.
- Maintained reliable network communications flow in an IP/RF transport.
- This environment primarily consisted of Cisco hardware and iDirect RF/IP hubs.
- Supported end users such as commercial cruise lines, US Navy, US Army, Commercial Airlines and Government clientele.
- Supported both terrestrial and Satellite communications between ships and Teleport.
- Supported video, data and voice feeds over satellite and IP infrastructures.
- Supported technologies such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS/VPN, Multicast video streams, Video Encoding and Decoding, RF Antennas uplinks and downlinks, iDirect Hub technology.
- Utilized troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark sniffers, Spectrum Analyzers, Network probes, Solar Winds reporting and management system.
Data Storage Engineer
- Provided full outsourced IT solutions for Hedge Fund clients.
- Worked on new design and implementations for new and existing Hedge Fund clients in the capacity of IT Solutions and (Storage) design.
- Full implementation of new clients networking, server hardware/software and storage requirements. Includes full installs and configurations for VMware, MS Servers, domain controllers, DNS, DHCP Scopes, Linux, SAN OS boot, Full storage data continuity and Replication planning, Multipathing I/O, Teaming and Clustering.
- Designed layout of Netapp storage configurations including Volumes, Qtrees and Luns for associated applications such as MS Exchange data stores, SQL infrastructures and Oracle database structures on storage systems. Installs done on VM servers, Dell Blade servers, IBM Blade servers and HP Blade centers.
- Presented storage DR recovery strategies and planning procedures.
- Created a maintenance package to run monthly and quarterly reports on client’s storage environments.
- Installed and configured backup schedules through SyncSort Backup Express.
Professional Services Consultant
- Primary responsibility is to work as a Professional Services Consultant for Network Appliance storage based clients.
- When not billing or during off hours, responsible for maintaining all IT functions within Iselin, NJ office environment.
- Configuration, implementation and full administration of company’s Network, Voice and Server infrastructure.
- Office environment consisted of the following operating systems; Windows Server 2000/2003, MS Small Business server and XP running on Dell Power Edge series servers, IBM Intellistation desktops and Dell Laptops.
- Network consisted of Juniper Firewalls, IPSEC/VPN Tunnels, Fortinet firewall security, Aventail secure SSL server DMZ zone isolation, Exchange and POP3 email, Cisco 1100 series Wireless
Network Appliance Storage Consultant
- Worked on 2-month assignment in the capacity of Technical Support Engineer for Wal-Marts Data Storage environment.
- Environment consisted of IBM Blade centers and IBM-N Series Storage equipment.
- Responsible for 3rd level support if problems occurred within the Network or Storage environment and field techs or ops support could not resolve; it would be assigned to Tech Support.
- Performed evaluation on Insights production email POP 3 and Web based storage environment.
- Tasked with finding solutions to reducing dangerously high storage utilization.
- Executed storage analyses using DFM, Perfmon and Snap commands to determine workload, growth, and performance statistics on Insights, Netapp FAS980 storage platform.
- Calculated a growth index chart predicting storage demands for one year into future.
- Presented detailed documentation depicting the current state of client’s storage environment.
- Documented recommendations on how to optimize and free up existing storage space.
- Tasked with presenting a storage design to support three new email stores using existing production disk space along with free space derived from evaluation process.
- New email store design included full technical documentation depicting design relationship and mapping between Netapp LUNs and Solaris/Veritas Volume Manager.
- Presented a storage disaster recovery plan depicting low, medium and high availability solutions.
- DR design options depicted Snapmirror, Snapvault, Nearstore and Veritas Volume Manager (Plex).
- Presented a storage design to handle AIG production email services.
- Implemented new clustered FAS960c filers to migrate entire AIG Exchange data environment.
- Deployed clustered FAS960 filers, in Fort Worth, TX and Livingston, NJ.
- Implemented local replication on FAS3050 with SnapVault design for DTD and DTT backup.
- Presented and implemented data migration plan using NDMP copy and Lagoto Confidential -Bkp software.
- Implemented full remote replication design using SnapMirror between sites.
- Created 200 pages Run Book document for turn over to operations.
- Implemented new FAS940c filers into the AIG Storage environment for the first time.
- Deployed 2 sets of clustered FAS940c filers, in Fort Worth, TX and Livingston, NJ.
- Presented and implemented data migration plan.
- Configured data replication using SnapMirror between sites.
- Implemented Vfiler technology between sites.
- Set up FlexClone strategy for DR testing.
- Created test plans for proof of concept testing.
- Implemented SAN and Tape backup strategies.
- Storage refresh project, migrate data from NetApp FAS800 series filers to new FAS960c filers.
- Performed storage discovery process utilizing third party software Vicom (ISI).
- Presented a data re-allocation solution mapping current data to new storage devices.
- Implemented 15 new NetApp FAS960’s with new allocation configuration.
- Created an implementation plan that included detailed steps necessary to perform data migration.
- Created migration pilot on designated Citigroup test filer(s).
- Used ndmpcopy to migrate volumes w/ existing qtrees & QSM (volume to qtree) for volumes w/o existing qtrees,
- Migrated Windows servers to VMware servers.
- Implemented new clustered FAS3050c filers for VMware migration project.
- Designed and deployed LUN configuration for VMware 3.0 server storage allocation.
- Implemented NFS, CIFS and ISCSI infrastructure.
- Zoned Cisco MDS San switches.
- Implemented SAN and tape backup strategies.
- Documented an as built guide for engineering turnover process to operations staff.
- Assigned to Network Appliance account in the capacity of PSE.
- Conducted site surveys, installations and implementation on full line of Netapp storage equipment for Network Appliance customer base.
- Deployed Netapp products such as FAS900, FAS6000, FAS3000, FAS270 filers and shelves for all new customers in a given territory.
- Experienced with implementation of SnapMirror, SnapVault, Flexvol, FlexClone, MetroCluster, Raid, Snapmanager for Exchange, SnapRestore, Snapshot, Snapdrive for Windows, DFM, SAN Manager, Data Intergration, Server Intergration, Clustering, NDMP, ISCSI, CIFS, NFS, FCP.
- Worked with NAS Gig-E and ISCSI implementations.
- Network Engineer, assisted customer in performing network upgrade under taking.
- Worked with remote vendors to implement T1, DS3 and Sonet connectivity between 5 existing sites. Equipment consisted of Cisco 7200 and 3500 series routers and 6500 series switches.
- Solely responsible for the design, implement and deployment for a wireless solution that is adaptable across all sites. This entailed configuration Implementation and documentation of entire process, which, consisted of Cisco 1100 series AP and WLSE 1133, ACS 3.3, Tacacs and Radius server.
Network Provisioning Engineer
- Conducted Pre-Sales technical interviews with new customers to determine technical requirements.
- Layout initial design documentation based on customer requirements.
- Procured and configured new network equipment, including Cisco 2500, 2600, 3600, 4000, 7200 7500 and 12000 series routers, along with Cisco catalyst switches 6500, 4500, 3700, 3500, 2900 series.
- Implemented Nokia firewall 650, 440, and 330 series firewalls utilizing Checkpoint policy software and Provider 1.
- Implemented VPN tunneling solutions both user and site to site configurations.
- Implemented and maintained customer monitoring through HPOV, and Cisco-Works. This also includes SNMP Trap set up and BMC Patrol agents for advanced monitoring.
Network Implementation Engineer
- Conducted Pre-Sales technical interviews with new customers to determine technical requirements.
- Implemented and documented entire customer network design for all new customer’s, troubleshoot and resolve all networking issues within an implementation and production high availability WEB Hosting Infrastructure.
- Implemented and maintained customer monitoring through HPOV, Nerve Center, Net-Cool and Cisco-Works. This also included SNMP Trap set up and BMC Patrol agents for advanced monitoring.
- Configured and supported Nokia Firewall technologies 650,440,330 and Checkpoint policy software on Provider 1, Cisco PIX firewalls, Net-Screen Firewalls, VPN configuration, VRRP, Proxy ARP, NAT.
- Circuit installation and troubleshooting, that included technologies such as Sonet OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192, DS3, M1-3, Confidential -1, Frame-Relay, ATM, ISDN-PRI/BRI
- Implemented and maintained Intrusion Detection systems running Real Secure, along with Vulnerability Scanners.
- Implemented load balancing technologies, Nokia F5, BIG IP, Cisco Local and Distributed Directors.
- Provided Operating System Hardening for Windows XP, 2000 and NT 4.0 to reduce the vulnerabilities of the systems, making them more secure.
- Complied to strict change management policy that dictated all changes is fully documented in a step by step process, along with written back out procedure, schedule and review all changes before execution.
- Implemented and troubleshot routing protocols to improve network traffic and stability.
- Configured diverse routing environments on Cisco and Juniper routers with OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, ATM, Frame-Relay, ISDN, ACLs, TACACS, Monitoring, NAT, PAT, Transparent and Source Route Bridging.
- Configured various series of Catalyst switches with VLANs, PVLANs, STP, and VTP Domains.
Senior Network Engineer
- Supported over 300 disasters including both World Trade Center recoveries.
- Provided data communications support to subscribers during network tests and actual recoveries, first level problem determination and resolution.
- Identified and coordinated all network test activities and objectives including: pre-test, post-test and network test windows.
- Reviewed subscribers’ previous test status, profiles, network diagrams and contractual information to identify subscribers’ network requirements and potential issues.
- Implemented and troubleshoot subscriber recovery networks on a daily basis according to the customer’s requirements, including the inter-connectivity along with full configuration of all LAN and WAN equipment such as Routers, Switches, Bridges, Token Ring, Ethernet, Gateways, Controller DSPU, TDM and Stat multiplexers, Channel Extension, Protocol Converters, CIP routing technologies.
- Provided documentation in the form of network test status, subscriber profiles, network diagrams, Bata testing analysis and technical writing, test equipment included Fluke, Data General, Net Xray, and LAN Pharaoh Sniffers, OC3, Confidential -3 and Confidential -1 Firebird test sets.
- Supported a wide range of network infrastructures, Frame Relay, ATM, FDDI, Fast Ethernet, SW56, ISDN, Frac-T1, Modems, CSU/DSU’s.
- Hosting facilities consisted of IBM Mainframes, DEC, HP, RISC, AS400, ESCON Directors, Server Farm.