- Dynamic IT professional motivated by high level challenges that require advanced technical & functional expertise, analytical thinking and strong business acumen. Excellent interpersonal, communication, motivational and peoples skills combined with strong natural ability to think logically and anyalitically an in - depth understanding of technology, business solutions and marketplace.
- Seasoned IT Lead System Analyst with more than 9 years of experience in SDLC (Planning, Analysis, solution and functional design, system and end-to-end testing and Implementation) and management of global project teams - Managed team up to 12 direct and multiple matrix team members.
- Experienced in gap analysis, solution designing and testing custom Web (.net and Java with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) applications around Power MHS Healthcare, FACETS (healthcare product sales, claims, provider setup, Member Service and Marketing applications) Siebel CRM and Planning and Guidance Tools ( Confidential Proprietary)
- Experienced in elicitation, prioritization, and conversion of business/functional requirements to system requirements, Responsible for managing mid-sized to large initiatives projects, lead analyst for 4 million dollar project.
- Authored and maintained 400+ pages system design document.
- Experience with QTP, Win Runner and Quality Center to enhance automation regression test scripts and to test the functionality and performance of the application.
- Mentored and trained junior and associates level analyst and QA engineers
- Expertise in translating user requirements into test assets and mapping the process design, work flows for SDLC with documenting and managing business requirements and converting them into Agile User Stories with conditions of satisfaction in RTC and JIRA.
- Intermediate working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL)
- Heavily involved with QA software engineers for reviewing Unit/Integration Test Plans, Unit/Integration Test Cases and automation Test Scripts.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and documentation skills with good process management skills to bring out a quality product.
- Spearheaded design/solutions meetings for new projects, Enhancement requests ( Incident management, Change management, Problem management, root-cause analysis as per ITIL/ITSM principles) and converted them into Agile User Stories
- Influenced prioritizing Product Backlog with stakeholders and Steered Agile Sprint planning and walk-thru (demo) meeting.
- Highly motivated worthy team player capable enough to work and lead within a team environment besides being capable to work independently.
- Well experienced with SQL and database querying including data mining and data analysis.
- Experienced in writing Use Cases, DFD (Data Flow Diagrams) and performing signoff on testing effort along with validating the end results of the testers.
- Ability to identify root causes and derive corrective actions to meet short and long term business requirements using resourceful approaches.
- Strong ability to understand and document critical data through effective data collection, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Self-starter, motivated to learn, takes initiative and has experience working on complex projects and strict deadlines.
Analysis Tools: X-Analysis for Eclipse, RAM Rational Asset Manager, HP ServiceCenter Client, IBM Rational Application Developer 7.5, iSeries ALDON, XML Spy
Testing Tools: ClearQuest, Quality Center 10.0 and Quality Center 11.0, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Rational Suites, Quick Test Professional
Software: Rational Team Concert, Rational Asset Manager, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Reader Premium, Adobe Photoshop, SnagIt, Atlassian: JIRA/Stash, SourceTree, SOAP UI 5.0
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, DB2(IBM System I Access), Teradata SQL assistant, Quantum for Eclipse, DbVisualizer, SQL Developer.
Technology: Java J2EE, XML, Web Services - SOA (SOAP, REST), IBM MQ series (Message Broker), HTML, BRMS: ILog JRules / IBM ODM, Drools, Oracle Policy Automation, Mainframe, iSeries COBOL, iSeries ALDON
Confidential, Durham, NC
Principal System Analyst
- Collaborated with product owners and business analyst for obtaining business requirements and use-cases thru informal interviews
- Clarified business requirements, performed gap analysis, removed ambiguity, identified and removed duplicate and redundant requirements.
- Prepared business requirements and functional design requirement mapping document
- Developed high level data flow, logical and functional flow diagram for project using Microsoft Visio.
- Influenced stakeholders for prioritizing business stories as per logical system design (Agile/Scrum planning meeting)
- Developed and implemented modifications required to resolve existing operational or functional defects found during analysis
- Created and executed unit and system integration test cases
- Understanding current business processes and logic (SQL queries in MS Access) and business flow and requirements for new system
- Maintaining system requirements and writing system use cases.
- Performed data analysis on business use cases to determine edge cases.
- Developed and executed SQL queries on distributed database to mine and setup test data.
- Used decision tree, permutation and combination calculation for complete analysis of possible outcomes.
- Authored 400+ pages of system/functional design document
ConfidentialPrincipal System Analyst
- Modifying Siebel Screens, Views, Applets, Business Object, Virtual Business Component.
- Defined User properties to make fields read only, to update field based on another field.
- Defined and Created List of Values (LOV) for New Siebel Domains (Solution for design being nimble)
- Defining key parameters for SOAP (http) Request and Response
- Defining and mapping XML tags to applets fields
- Defining UI display fields and dynamically changing applet lockdown behavior based on XML values.
Systems Involved: ICS - FBSI, FDOT, MAUI Views, CP (Customer Profile), Fid.com, Focus Point, Siebel OBIEE Book of Business, CWE
Confidential, Durham, NC
Senior Application System Analyst
- As a Senior Application System Analyst I am responsible for the elicitation, prioritization, and conversion of business/functional requirements to system requirements, as well as provision of analysis for applications in production (mid-sized to large initiatives). Responsible for the development of functional designs for new, customized, or enhanced systems. My ultimate deliverable is the production of clear, timely, precise and accurate technical designs that are traceable to documented business/functional requirements and guide the successful design, development and deployment of IS Solutions (Analysis and Functional Design and development)
- Lead and execute system analysis, data analysis, system design and implementation of multiple enterprise and operational projects involving vendor replacement initiatives, new products launches impacting enterprise wide systems and complex data integration initiatives.
- Execute project scoping, discovery, estimation and ROI determination of complex corporate/enterprise wide projects as well as medium to large operational/divisional projects.
- Collaborated with business analysts, application designers, application developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. Provided expertise for dividing the project into multiple phases based on the business priorities, ROI, design, schedule, and level of effort involved.
- Performed dual role of Lead Analyst and Project Manager for divisional projects.
- Steered working sessions/JADs across business teams and cross-domain IT teams (up-to 25 members)
- Developing functional design specifications, GUI and screen interface designs (internal applications), and VUI designs for customer engagements. Include project assumptions, risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system impacts. Identify the business process and organizational impact of proposed solutions.
- Defined and mapped UI data parameters (XML tags) for web services (SOAP) requests and response.
- Acted as IT functional lead in agile environment for multiple Sales and marketing agile initiatives.
- Key deliverables includes system impacts and estimation, functional design documentation, as-is & to-be use cases, data mapping, system functionality, solution options presentations. Additionally, for agile projects - User stories maturity, sequencing, sprint documentation, traceability and conflict identification and resolution of IT functionalities across projects or releases.
- Assist business with crucial targeted data query and analysis to drive business decisions.
- Ensuring traceability from business/functional requirements through development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project as detailed in the specifications.
- Mentored and managed junior team members for analysis and testing practice.
- Reviewing, editing, and prioritizing business requirements, specifications, processes and recommendations related to proposed solution and building Product Backlog and defining Epic and writing User Stories.
- Distinguished user requests from the underlying true business need.Online Plan Management (R1) is a project that involved putting up a GUI against PMHS so that the process of Enrollment and billing the group subscribers is handled with ease.
Lead/Senior QA Analyst
- Participating in walkthroughs of business requirements and technical specifications
- Converting business requirements and specifications into written test plans and test case specifications.
- Executing test cases and reporting progress in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifying, recording, and reporting defects
- Performing basic failure analysis and providing project teams with sufficient detail to understand, replicate and resolve the defect
- Maintaining traceability between test documentation and requirements
- Developed, executed and documented highly complex test plans and test cases for business-related application running on multi-tiered platforms.
- Involved in the review of requirements with Business Analysts, Developers and technical specialists
- Created test sets and seeded data through BOL to perform the various tests in order to verify the end results in Siebel as per Business Requirements.
- Defect detection, reporting and tracking was done using Quality Center.
- Involved in the meeting with SME (subject matter experts) and Technical Lead Involved in the review and allocation of requirements to hardware, software, and manual operations
- Participated in the test environment setup and in ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in place to successful perform the required testing effort
- Developed test cases and scripts for Functionality, Security and GUI Testing.
- Database integrity testing by executing SQL statements.
- Performed extensive Regression Testing for subsequent versions of the application using Quality Center.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Used Quality Center for documenting the test scripts
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Involved in the initiation of various Change requests and analyzing the LOE involved with regard to those, as per Testing Efforts were concerned.
- Performed backend testing by querying the various PMHS files residing on Iseries or in DB2
- Validated different MOBIUS reports and other production reports that we get after the mainframe jobs completed.
- Coordinated with the developer on defect status on regular basis.
Environment: PMHS, Windows, DB2, iSeries, Siebel, IBM Mainframe, Lawson, Crystal Reports, COBOL, MOBIUS, AS/400,OS/400, Quality Center, GroupWise, Teradata SQL assistance, Query Analyzer, JAVA, AJAX/DWR, Business Objects, X-Analysis for Eclipse, Rational Team Concert, Rational Asset Manager, Rational Application Developer, Filenet.
Confidential, Portland, OR
Associate Software Engineer /Business System Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirements and System Specifications to understand the Application and define test strategy.
- Created test cases and test data by studying and analyzing Functional and Technical Specification Documents
- Performed test data set-up for testing and update changes based on the requirements.
- Participated in writing Test plans, Test scenarios and Test cases based on business and functional requirements
- Developed Test Cases and Test Scripts in Rational Test Manager for testing the applications
- Wrote SQL queries to test backend database
- Verified data in staging and permanent tables against the reports generated
- Worked in different Teams like SIT (System Integration Testing), ITT (Integration testing team).
- Performed Performance testing of an application using Rational Robot.
- Worked Closely with Development team in the execution of job schedules
- Participated in document Reviews and code reviews.
- Maintained data flow diagrams (Business/Functionality flow)
- Identified Software bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for error reporting and communicating between developers, product support and test team members.
- Executed the stored procedures and views for grouping of data and generation of reports
- Participated in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically.
Environment: Mainframe, Java, J2EE, JSP FACETS 4.31,Rational Test Manager,IBM Manual Tester, Rational Clear Quest, Rational robot, Servlets, Weblogic, Sybase.
Associate Software Engineer /Business System Analyst
- Wrote hundred of Test scenarios to perform thorough Testing and validate the weekly feed data, based on business requirements.
- Designed and updated scenarios based on business requirements.
- Developed detailed test scripts for various Claim Accuracy projects such as Authorizations, Duplicates Pilot for PMHS Acceptance at project and Component level.
- Performed testing on data downstream through EDI gateway for security.
- Obtained valuable in Proclaim (Claim Processing Engine)
- Performed data validation using various SQL joins (Inner join, left outer join, right outer join, full outer join), transforming data from DB2/Text files to SAS Datasets using SAS/SQL and SAS/Access
- Ensured the scenarios check the effect of functionality for the PMHS (claim engine) as well as the other applications interfaces such as ICMS for authorizations, Epro.
- Performed the job of Data Coordination and creating auto plugs for PMHS and Proclaim to make sure every script has the right provider and the right provider, to ensure test data matches the scenario needs.
- Wrote and loaded the scripts in Mercury quality center
- Performed Security testing manually and using WinRunner.
- Adopted Data Driven Methodology to test the application with different sets of data.
- Conducted System, Integration and Regression testing using WinRunner.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description based on screen prints and checking the claim in PMHS.
- Interaction with other teams BA’s leads to resolve various issues through teleconference, in-person design meetings, screen share walkthroughs.
- Performed functional testing, Positive testing and negative testing, System Acceptance testing and Backend testing manually.
- Worked directly with developers to report discrepancies and to resolve defects and track changes to status.
- Built a lean Regression Test Suite to make sure all the defects were fixed correctly and doesn't affect other fields.
- Daily status reporting meetings with the Team leads.
Environment: PowerMHS, WinRunner, Siebel 7.X, Test Director, Mercury Quality center, Proclaim, MS Excel, Ms Word, SAS/SQL, SAS/Access, Unix, DB2