- Senior Programmer Analyst with expertise developing technical solutions to meet business objectives in Financial Services/ Confidential, Brokerage, Banking, Insurance and Consulting Services.
- Extensive hands - on experience in system analysis, design, user interface, coding and testing.
- Proven leadership and problem solving skills to consistently deliver optimal solutions on time, error free and within budget in a complex, highly intense mainframe environment. In depth knowledge of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Designed and built a Portfolio Performance Measurement System to analyze and evaluate historical returns of professionally managed investment portfolios against appropriate benchmark indicators.
- Recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project that incorporated multiple currencies into the Portfolio Performance Measurement System.
- Created innovative system design to minimize costs, save time and space and accelerate access by eliminating data redundancy; also enabled flexible currencies to be entered into system.
- Saved 15% of total cost and improved process time by designing new method to speed up daily rate calculation.
- Hands-on mainframe experience in COBOL, DB2/SQL, CICS, VSAM and JCL.
COBOL, DB2/SQL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, PL/1, FORTRAN, ASSEMBLER, SPSS, GDDM, OS Utilities, IMS, SQL Server, C#, Visual Studio 2010, Windows, Excel, Word, Visio, Lotus Notes, Outlook, SDLC, FTP, NDM, CyberFusion, SDF2, BMS, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, TSO, ISPF, CLIST, Comparex, Syncsort, Xpediter, Intertest, Changeman, Jobtrac, OPC, SPUFI, Platinum, QMF, Strobe, Stored Procedures, Z/OS, Endevor, Panvalet, BMC Utilities, IBM Debug, RPC Runner, TGADP, MVS, TMON, RACF, QC, CSF, IDCAMS, Apptune, Insight, InSync, TraceMaster.
Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Updated Credit Margin Systems programs from USD currency to change to variable multi - currency settings and currency fluctuations based on DB2 tables.
- Created CICS screens to add, update or delete margin override rules by cusip within account. Implemented using Endevor and tested using TraceMaster.
- Performed system analysis and design, wrote program specifications from business requirements to enhance the Global Margin System (GMAR) to identify all programs to be changed to use the multi-currency platform.
- Modified, tested, implemented (via Endevor) and supported batch and online
- COBOL/DB2/CICS/VSAM programs. Used online and batch TraceMaster to test programs.
- Files were fed to Pershing NetX360 as a front-end to create unified platforms for viewing and processing Brokerage and Bank custodian assets.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Created holdings report by account, positions or securities that included internal and external accounts showing price, quantity of shares and market value, including or excluding margin.
- Developed Performance Allocation report showing target and actual percents for sleeve manager by account within equity, fixed or other segment for monthly, quarterly or yearly period, which included Stored Procedure for target percent.
- Allowed FA s to analyze target vs. actual allocation percents.
- Enhanced Important Information report for benchmark rates by including daily index for accounts.
- All programs written with COBOL/DB2/CICS utilizing TSO, MVS/JCL, DB2 EXPLAIN, SPUFI, APIs, BMC Utilities, Endevor, IBM Debug, RPC Runner, TGADP, TMON to monitor DB2 performance and tuning and Temp DB2 tables to improve performance in a Z/OS environment. Responsibilities included analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, maintenance and documentation.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Led team in developing Portfolio Performance Measurement System.
- Designed, coded and partnered with users to build batch, online and reporting systems from the ground level to provide analysis for portfolio recommendations based on performance measurement data.
- Managed process that fed account tax lot data into Performance system to store historical market values, flows and portfolio and benchmark rates to display on Quarterly Monitor, Snapshot, Compass and Diagnostic reports and screens.
- Formulated design and led team, as SME, in the conversion of the Performance system to be multi-currency for clients Confidential and Confidential to keep history, rates and benchmarks in flexible currencies per account depending on client, sub firm and manager defaults to reflect currency fluctuations.
- Permitted users to compare performance for different currencies.
- Managed team and designed and developed Compass system for creation of Performance Detail web based screens to display market values, flows and portfolio and benchmark rates for various periods through the current day and show in monthly, quarterly and annual modes.
- Gave users, FA’s and managers the ability to make portfolio recommendations based on data through the current day.
- Devised and created daily rate database tables to store current month daily market values, flows and rates for the Compass system.
- This gave the Compass system the ability to accumulate data for the current month and append it to the various periods for tracking.
- Protected rates and composites from recalculation. Mapped external data feeds to enable these clients to preserve back data for their accounts in Performance.
- Created Performance enrollment systems for composites, SMA and UMA umbrella and sleeve accounts.
- For Confidential composites, allowed component attaches and detaches through a batch ECIP file.
- Enabled the enrollment of different account types into Performance.
- Planned and developed Overlay system to keep history, rates and benchmarks for umbrella and sleeve accounts.
- Enabled users to track Unified Managed Account performance based on sleeves.
- Designed system for FA’s to create composite accounts by tag numbers.
- Produced composite history, rates and benchmarks based on component history updates, attaches and detaches.
- Created and documented method to generate sub composites and umbrellas to display history, rates and benchmarks on the segment level based on asset classes for SMA and sleeve accounts. This allowed users to aggregate accounts by asset class.
- Devised system to track manager changes per account to calculate blended benchmark rates by using index rates based on manager ranges.
- Composite and umbrella accounts were weighted by component and sleeve monthly historic market values and index rates. Allowed account benchmark rates to more accurately reflect the effect of manager changes and component blending.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Formulated and developed Confidential project to in corporate account attributes based on manager database.
- Enabled accounts to change attributes based on manager updates.
- Built capital adjustment process to receive current month and one and two month prior transactions including market values, contributions, withdrawals, fees and rebates. This permitted mass transaction updates to transfer into Performance. Created artificial flows for fees and rebates to enable gross and net of fee rate calculations.
- Managed and coded conversion process to feed new Eagle Performance package, permitting performance data to be transferred from legacy system to new platform using CyberFusion. Created data dictionary to interpret data feeds from legacy to Eagle. Used SQL Server to access data from Eagle databases to compare against legacy monitor exhibits.
- Formulated and built system to enroll mutual fund accounts from security database cusip numbers for retail accounts to be used as asset allocation components to show actual vs. recommended component allocation. Processed Lipper feeds for mutual fund benchmark rates.
- Led team and coordinated project to expand Performance system to permit 100 year history, rates and benchmarks.
- Partnered with users to translate business needs into functional requirement documents for technical specifications, including use cases, system flow charts, defining data feeds and report layouts in preparation of QA test cases and documentation.
- Wrote portfolio rate program to calculate gross and net of fee time-weighted and dollar-weighted rates of return using modified Dietz method to calculate rates for total portfolio, equity, fixed and cash master segments and various sub-segments.
- Designed and built online screens to allow users to view and scrub data for client information, composites, history, rates, benchmarks, segments, policies, report generation, exhibit set up, manager database. History, rate and benchmark screens also permitted users to display in different currencies.
- Coded exhibit reports for quarterly monitors that included line charts, bar charts, pie charts and graphics to help users more clearly analyze performance data using GDDM and CSF.