- Accomplished and engaging Systems Engineer / Systems Administrator with 9 years of enterprise level technical support.
- I have a great track record of getting the job done.
- I am in love with everything related to technology. I've always been viewed as someone who is willing to take on new projects and learn a new skill.
- I am an award winning I.T. pro and love being active in the IT community.
- Extensive hands on experience using Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to deploy system images, automate software installation, provide users the ability to install software, and deploy patches / updates to servers and or workstations
- Accomplishments Responsible for the initial, world wide implementation and configuration of the System Center Suite at Jarden Consumer Solutions. Including System Center Configuration Manger SCCM, System Center Service Manager SCSM and System Center Orchestrator SCORCH Implement, Manage and Configure Confidential 's System Center environment including System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Service Manager, System Center Operations Manager SCOM and System Center Orchestrator
- Configured,and maintained an in house Data center to promote the "Citrix Academy" to Bachelor Program Students at Confidential . This included multiple Blade Units, and Enclosures. Developed and executed a strategy to upgrade all Clients at Jarden Consumer Solutions from Microsoft Office 2007 to Office 2016 with a 99% success rate using an automated, self written, PowerShell Installation method.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Subject matter expert for the System Center Configuration Manager environment servicing 20,000 Clients and 650 Servers. Southern Glazers has operations in 44 states.
- The company has more than 22,000 employees, sells more than 150 million cases of wine and spirits per year, and conducts 17 billion dollars in revenue.
- Responsible for the architecture and administration of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). I am responsible for developing and maintaining a patching schedule for client and server machines from Florida to Hawaii.
- I am responsible for the SCCM hierarchy configuration and maintenance including consolidation of other implementations into a national SCCM environment and expansion of the national environment to new sites. Also well rounded with Intune and Co - Management.
- Manage and Maintain VMWare Infrastructure in four data centers - Roll out new VMWare Esxi host to 179 sites through out the country on Dell, HP, Cisco UCS hardware.
- Windows Server Administration, including but not limited to configuring server roles such as Active Directory Domain Services, DHCP, DNS, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V virtualization hosts.
- Responsible for AD Migration / Intergration tasks related to SCCM, Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy
- User provisioning and Automation during the integration of Glazers and Southern Wine and Spirits which totaled 22,000 users.
- Configured SCCM Cloud Management Gateway (CMG) in Azure to enable remote management of offsite clients.
- Project lead to configure and deploy server infrastructure for company wide logistic software which was a high visibility 9 month long project. This included Development, Quailty Assurance, Production and Disaster Recovery work with multiple teams and vendors to support a highly-critical system that impacts 250,000 retail and restaurant customers across the country.
- Responsible for the initial, world wide (29 sites, 21 countries) implementation and configuration of the System Center Suite at Jarden Consumer Solutions (now a Confidential company), a Fortune 500 company. Including System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM), System Center Service Manager (SCSM) and System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH)
- Maintain Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Altiris imaging solution during transition to SCCM. MDT was setup and configured to support multiple PC configurations through out the world with sites from China and India to Florida and California. MDT was setup so end user computing staff had the most reliable and standardized imaging process throughout the whole organization using variables and other complex scripting options.
- Develop and deploy automated software installation packages to clients world wide.
- I was responsible for automating repetitive task with PowerShell for the systems administration team. This includes reporting, auditing, user creation and provisioning.
- Utilize VMWare's ESXi, and Microsoft's Hyper-V platform to deploy, configure and setup multiple Virtual Servers.
- Maintain the Altiris Helpdesk Solution during transition to SCSM.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, work with business process owners and interact with c-level executives.
- Took a project leader role during Jarden's upgrade of Microsoft Office from 2007 to 2016.
- Designed, developed and tested a complex Powershell script to remove all version of office, install the new version while including current patches and add-in upgrades for 2,700 users for tier 1 support to deploy.
- This was a challenging task due to the amount of users, multiple versions of office, and how much our end users depended on the application to function. This was also the first time the office suite had been upgraded in 9 years. I achieved a 99.98% Success rate during the deployment and very high praise throughout the organization
Senior Systems Engineer
- Provided Systems Administration and Engineering for Confidential 's server environment that included two datacenters and 14 physical sites - 5,000 Staff and Faculty - 60,000 students - 375,000 Active Directory Objects.
- Windows Server implementation and management- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, PowerShell, Azure, Office 365, Exchange 2007, Lync 2013, Confidential, Hyper- V.
- Implemented, managed and configured Confidential 's System Center environment including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Service Manager (SCSM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH).
- Deployed System Center Configuration Manager to maintain the configuration of all the servers at Confidential . This included Windows Updates and third-party patch management, operating system deployments, automated software installation and support for our desktop technicians who utilized the service.
- Configured, and maintained System Center Operations Manager to provide comprehensive infrastructure monitoring of my data center for services onsite and in the cloud. Experience monitoring Linux distributions and services.
- Administered System Center Service Manager to support helpdesk and computer support specialist with ticketing, knowledge base and SLO / SLA tracking.
- Utilized VMWare's ESXi platform to deploy, configure and setup multiple Virtual Servers.
- Supported a Hybrid "Cloud" solution that utilized Microsoft's Remote Desktop Services (RDS) to provide off-premises users access to software, files and remote desktop anywhere in the world.
- Managed, and Maintained Confidential 's Simpana backup solution to protect my organizations' essential data.
- I monitored to ensure that backups are completing successfully, ensuring new services and data is backed up, and restores work correctly. I have 50 hours of additional advanced training by Confidential .
Senior Computer Support Specialist
- I was responsible for deploying operating system images and software for Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Leveraged Microsoft's System Center Configuration 2007 (SCCM) to configure workstations out of the box, and deploy quarterly updates / reimaging of workstations.
- I wrote custom installation packages to install any third party software that any of the staff, faculty or students needed.
- Provided Tier 3 support to helpdesk tickets supporting students, vendors and staff.
- Managed the server environment for the campus' active directory, print, file and multimedia servers.
- Supported over 2,500 client computers running OSX, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Provided technical support for any aspect of the information systems department, including computer hardware, operating systems, applications and networking.
- Preparation, implementation and support of desktop computers, Laptops, Podium PCs with extensive A/V systems, Multi-User Labs (50+), projectors and printers.
- Migrated Operating Systems College wide, going from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Experience using Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager and Wise Package Studio to provide automated implementation of software on a large network scale.
- Kept inventory of the computers, laptops and projectors on campus. Including asset numbers, serial and part numbers, manufacturing date and warranty information.
Computer Support Specialist
- Provided overall IT desktop support and solved I.T. related problems to College of Medicine departments.
- Installation of computer systems and computer peripherals.
- Leveraged Microsoft's System Center Configuration to configure workstations out of the box, and deploy software and updates. Installation of software applications designated for College of Medicine students.
- Served as a liaison between College of Medicine IT department and College wide University ( Confidential ) wide subject matter experts.
- Monitored reporting action items and produced dashboard indicators for the Director for all problem tickets and resolved ticket counts.
- Involved with testing, implementation and use of live simulator recording technologies including live simulcast over the network to store student's lab and clinical work to review at a later time.
- Part of advisory team that would test, evaluate and recommend the next line of laptops for 260 new medical students.
- Worked with Security Officers in implementing security policies on our machines using MacAfee Suite (Endpoint Encryption, HIPS, and DLP) to ensure HIPAA and FERPA compliance.
Computer Support Specialist
- Deployed and distributed operating system images and software packages using
- Symantec Ghost Solutions Suite.
- Performed end user workstation break/fix repair. Responsible for servicing HP, Apple and Lenovo Workstations and Laptops.
- Administered DeployStudio Server for Mac OS operating system deployment and software distribution.
- Migrated 2300 Windows XP workstations, as part of a team, from Novell eDirectory to Active Directory.