- Client - focused IT enterprise professional with 15+ years of NetBackup track record of progressive support of complex technical projects.
- Direct knowledge and success with IT, ISP, Network Operations Center (NOC) environments, to include requirements gathering, assessment duties, technical research, and full life-cycle helpdesk support services.
- Experience installing and configuring, Windows Server, Windows Operating Systems, hardware equipment, direct, hands-on support with administration, backup systems, and inventory management of each.
- Skilled team player and trainer with a record of effectively directing multiple tasks to ensure on target completion of all IT deliverables and exceeding company goals.
- Excel at interfacing with clients, engineers, and management with talent for quickly learning new information, procedures, and technologies; great communications and excellent customer service talents.
- Veritas NetBackup 6.5, 7.5, 184.108.40.206 & 7.7.2
- Symantec OpsCenter Analytics v.7.*
- Symantec 5230, 5020, and 5030 Appliances
- Depulicating NetBackup Appliances
- NetBackup NDMP backup protocols
- Offsite Tape Management Experience
- Familiar with Iron Mountain procedures
- VPN Services
- Remedy Ticket Systems
- Spectralogic T950 & nTier 700
- BMC Footprints Ticketing Service Core 11.6.05
Confidential, Burbank, CA
Enterprise Backup Administrator
- Acted as the primary resource for managing the administration of 500+ backup clients and 1000+ VMware clients via Veritas Replication Director Software systems.
- Managed proper backup schedules for client restore/recover services; maintained and cataloged reporting statistics and monitored results.
- Managed Symantec 5230, 5020, and 5030 Appliances, supported NetBackup 7.5, 220.127.116.11 and 7.7.2, configured Veritas Replication Director to use NetApp Storage.
- Directed daily monitoring and management of back-ups, ensured final completion; ticketed, resolved, and escalated backup errors until resolution.
- Supported and documented change control processes; maintained data lifecycle and storage management.
- Contributed to weekly production team meetings, reported status of backup systems, performed on-call support.
Confidential, Kern County, CA
Computer Operator | Backup OPerator
- Planned and serviced 180+ backup clients; developed and maintained backup policies and procedures to match the needs of each end-user.
- Created and reported monthly backup metrics; monitored storage management levels, delivered reports.
- Managed SpectraLogic T950 Tape library with 16 Tape Drives and 540 Tape slots, supported NetBackup 6.5 and 7.5, operated storage appliances with EMC VNX, SpectraLogic nTier700, and NetApp.
- Managed all daily backup(s) and restored jobs; troubleshot and restarted failed jobs as needed; sent media backup(s) to offsite disaster recovery locations as directed, presented updates to key IT management teams.
- Supported any hardware issues related to storage management; fixed or replaced Cisco switches, tape robot, fiber cables, and/or tape media, ensured network continuity and system up-time.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Network OPerations Center technician
- Served as first level network support for the NOC; proactively supported all production systems operating in the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Monitored systems, resolved technical issues, documented ticket systems, ensured continuous network uptimes for the NOC and datacenter.
- Operated UNIX command lines (SSH and LS); used technical NOC tools for problem resolution and monitoring.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Desktop Support Technician
- Desktop support for 800+ Windows and MAC end-users.
- Fixed daily hardware and software issues, ticketed problems, managed client activities, made escalations to IT teams as needed; owned entire resolution process.
- Installed and repaired desktop systems, office printers, and computer monitors.
- Kept ticket resolution database updated and current.
- Managed Symantec ghosting for Windows XP with data backup; Windows Remote Desktop as needed.
- Trained end-users; initiated preventative maintenance and kept all software updates current, ensured excellent customer services via in person or by phone.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Network Operations Technician
- Key technical support for data center network backup systems.
- Performed system backups according to predefined schedules, processed predefined special request jobs, services system upgrades/merges.
- Operated multivendor platforms (HP, UNIX, Windows 2000, and Novell), installed and configured VERITAS client software, resolved technical issues, documented results, and communicated status to key management.