- Over twenty years of progressive responsibility and leadership experience in the IT industry, managing firm - wide services and leading transformational initiatives from inception to successful completion.
- Extensive experience in areas of Network Operations, talent development, innovation, strategic planning, budget appropriation, vendor relations and management.
- Proven ability to inspire positive work culture motivating staff to achieve full potential.
- Finance & Budgeting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cloud Services
- Crisis Management
- Data Center Design & Operations
- Service Delivery
- Business Continuity
- Network Communications
- Cyber Security
Director of IT Operations
- Directed infrastructure teams in support of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) reliant contracts which required emphasis on NIST and ISO 9001 compliance.
- Responsible for IT auditing, user behavior analytics, vulnerability scanning and management, penetration testing, incident detection and response, backup and replication, virtual desktop and server environments, email security and archiving, 2-factor authentication, managed services.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Network Operations Manager
- Responsibilities encompass Network Access Control, Enterprise Wifi, three globally dispersed data centers, branch office end-to-end corporate communication for a 24,000-person organization.
- Directed the transition of MPLS WAN provider for 60+ locations securing executive sponsorship through strategic planning and execution via tactical coordination of staff and vendors.
- Led the integration effort for acquisitions of complementary corporations and subsidiaries resulting in the development of a playbook for future IT network mergers.
- Enhanced enterprise application services by re-organizing staff and modernizing technological resources entrusting them with content delivery, cloud integration, and web application firewalls.
- Developed BYOD and MDM strategies incorporating existing Network Access Control implementation driving the adoption of next generation identity aware security access.
- Transformed branch office deployments underscoring the need to be agile and collaborative while focusing on cost efficiency leveraging hoteling, wireless, and unified communications.
- Coordinated international expansion efforts through client and stakeholder engagement, staff relationships, vendor negotiations, and updating operational support models.
- Managed the proposal and reconstruction of the firm’s Data Center and Business Continuity facilities emphasizing modularity and scalability, eliminating maintenance outages, extending system lifecycles, and integrating with cloud providers AWS, Azure, Office365.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Team Lead Network Operations
- Lead network engineer in a global wide area networking infrastructure spanning five continents supporting in excess of 17,000 employees through diverse technologies such as frame relay, MPLS, wireless, Quality of Service/Class of Service, VOIP, BGP, 802.1x, spanning tree.
- Served as Facilities Information Technology liaison for global corporate offices providing technology design and support based on client and project requirements.
- Led the criteria and vendor selection for enablement of Network Access Control and policy definitions to company branch networks comprised of 1000+ routers, switches, and access points.
- Instrumental contributor in multi-million dollar operations projects such as the relocation of the firm’s data center, campus and remote site PBX conversions, frame to MPLS WAN migration.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Responsible for full technology lifecycle management of data centers, application delivery controllers, hardware accelerator and caching engines, and branch office WAN/LAN operations.
- Resolved technology issues escalated by the helpdesk and field technicians by communicating directly with customers to understand their service needs, following through to ensure client satisfaction, and updating support staff documentation to expedite future incident handling.
Confidential, Honolulu, HI
Network Engineer Systems Administrator Helpdesk Analyst/Manager
- Managed and maintained the networking infrastructure throughout the university for approximately 600 staff and 8,000 students across two main campuses and ten remote locations.
- Administered VOIP technology with the use of Cisco Call Managers, VG-200 & 248 Voice Gateways, Unity Messaging System and a variety of IP telephony equipment that provided cost benefits by consolidating operational groups and reducing telecommunications charges.
- Responsible for Microsoft Exchange, Web and SQL servers’ daily operation and established operational disaster recovery procedures in the event of a hardware or software failure.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Client Product Coordinator/ LAN Administrator
- Managed team accountable for distributing and supporting desktop computers through Novell Netware Directory Services, GroupWise, and ZENworks.
- Developed client relationships by meeting with prospective consumers gathering customer commitments for laboratory testing equipment and offering technical products and solutions.
Confidential, Quantico, VA 7
Communications Center Operator/ Supervisor
- Responsible for the communications center of a 20,000-member military base and for maintaining and distributing classified material up to Top Secret.
- Developed curriculum, researched material, and instructed on the use of computer programs.