Owner / Independent Consultant
Confidential,Lake Worth, Florida · June 2002 to Present
Provide computer and network consulting and support services to several clients from West Palm Beach to Miami.
Supported and assisted in the implementation of iPhones, iPads and iMac computers to multiple environments.
Designed, built, and maintained company networks, including SBS Exchange SQL cloud backup, managed anti-virus, managed XenServer and VMware virtual Server environments, and provided 24/7 uptime.
Upgraded e-mail systems from Exchange 2003 and 2007 to Exchange 2010.
Worked in areas such as Accounting, Education, Real Estate, Non-Profit and other industries.
Confidential,Ft. Lauderdale, Florida · November 2011 to August 2012
- Assessed and modified the current BFC environment including Active Directory, DNS, AD and GPO design.
Developed and implemented a cost effective cloud based backup strategy with a 7-year retention policy.
Managed and upgraded a Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop and XenApp environment to current software versions.
Implemented Apple iMac (IOS) into the production Microsoft environment with user access to all files, printers and email.
Worked with and managed a corporate Blackberry Enterprise Server and Apple iPhone in an Exchange 2007 Servers MDM.
IT Director / Systems Administrator
Confidential,West Palm Beach, Florida · July 2002 to November 2011
Provided day-to-day support to 223 users and 43 doctors in 9 remote locations, and the 32 user corporate office.
Developed a new thin client strategy that created zero maintenance for remote PC (230) administration and greatly reduced overall IT cost and spending.
Reduced IT spending by more than 80% by locating less expensive purchasing methods and WAN network connectivity.
Implemented company wide secure WAN utilizing MPLS network technology.
Created company wide telephone system by implementing anAvaya IP Office, enabled 3-digit company-wide dialing via
the new MPLS data network.
Discovered discount software licensing programs that saved up to 95% on various software from Microsoft, Symantec, etc.
Implemented a VMWare ESX 4.1 virtualized environment for 25 Servers.
Managed, redesigned and rebuilt a Citrix Four Server environment. Later upgraded it to a load balanced 8 Server RDP – Terminal Server environment.
Developed Annual I.T. budgets for IT spending.
Implemented VPN tunnels to 9 remote offices and to the corporate office using Sonicwall hardware firewalls.
Confidential,Boca Raton, Florida · November 2000 to July 2002
Designed, developed, implemented and maintained a load balanced 6 server Citrix MetaFrame XPe Farm.
Implemented a Compaq MA8000 SAN, and built a variety of RAID and mirrored storage sets.
Created multiple VPN (Virtual Private Network) links to remote offices using Netscreen hardware based technology.
Built more than 20 servers for the corporate infrastructure (Domain controllers, IIS, Citrix, email servers).
Responsible for creating and maintaining a Microsoft SQL 2000 Enterprise cluster, running Active/Active mode.
Network Engineer / Consultant
Confidential,Boynton Beach, Florida · February 2000 to November 2000
Designed, developed, documented, and implemented a Windows 2000 migration strategy for two South Florida Motorola
locations (2300 users).
Managed and trained four summer interns to perform Desktop migrations, preserving existing user settings, environments,
printers, network mappings, and e-mail profiles. Network Administrator / On-Site Consultant
Confidential,P.A., Miami, Florida · April 1999 to February 2000
- Administered the WAN and LAN of a mid-sized Miami law firm with 85+ users located at eight remote offices throughout the United States.
- Maintained NT 4 (Exchange 5, IIS4, SQL, WINS, DNS), Novell Netware 4.11, and Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 servers.
- Participated in the redesign of the company\'s WAN and LAN infrastructure (WINS, DHCP, Proxy, RAS…).
- Responsible for remote access, e-mail and user account maintenance, software licensing, network performance, network printing, workstation support, troubleshooting, repair, and hardware and software inventory.
Confidential,Coral Gables, Florida · June 1998 to April 1999
- Managed the daily operations of four university departments and three satellite offices connected via a WAN and LAN.
- Developed a maintenance-free computer lab by applying the Centurion hard-drive protection system.
- Installed, upgraded, and troubleshot networked PC hardware and software.
Confidential,Garden City, New York · October 1993 to August 1996
- Managed and maintained the Local Area Network and file room of a New York law firm representing Snapple.
- Supervised a clerical staff in file management, postal, fax, and copy systems.
- Administered the LAN, provided computer and general support for a 33-member staff, upkeep of federal and state libraries, purchased office equipment and supplies, and other general office duties.
Education & Certifications
B.B.A., Computer Information Systems
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CNE 5, Certified Novell Engineer
- CCA, Citrix Certified Administrator
- CCNA, Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Servers – HP–(Extensive), Dell–(Extensive), IBM - Installation, configuration, troubleshooting
- Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iPad, iPhone, AirPort
- EMC Clariion AX4-5i, HP Lefthand SAN, HP MA8000 - Installation, configuration, drive set creation
- VMware ESX 5.0, 4.1, Citrix Xen Server 6.0.2
- QNAP, StorageTek, Adic Quantum and Exabyte backup storage technologies
- Cisco and Avaya IP Office phone systems
- 19 Years PC / x86 and 4 years x64 - Installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting
Software – Extensive knowledge of:Microsoft Windows 2008R2, 2003, 2000, 7, XP, Active Directory, Exchange 2010-5.5, PowerShell Scripting, SQL System Center Configuration Manager, IIS 7.0; Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, XenApp and MetaFrame, Microsoft Terminal Server (2008R2-2000), Great Plains 2010; Office 2010 - 2000 Professional, Visio 2010, Publisher 2010, VMware ESX 5.1 and 4.1, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Symantec BackupExec, Adobe PageMaker, Acrobat X, CCH ProSystems FX, Photoshop, GFI - Vipre, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Ghost, PowerQuest Deploy Center, What’s Up Gold, Kantech door entry system.