- 8 years of experience in Networking and Security, including hands - on experience in providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN / WAN communication systems.
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- Experience with designing, deploying and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Frame-Relay, and Ether-channel.
- Experience in Configuring & implementing VLAN, VTP, LAN switching, STP and 802.x authentication in access layer switches.
- Experienced in design, installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure and security using Cisco routers/Switches/firewalls.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Experience in configuring Site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
- Enterprise Routing experience using protocols RIP v1 & 2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing etc.).
- Interaction with business clients and Network experts and development SMEs to determine the high level requirements for systems and network elements in support of new features in the Network on Demand, HALO and non-cloud based architectures
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists
- Configuring, Administering and troubleshooting the Checkpoint and ASA firewall.
- Extensive knowledge of systems and process for wholesale sales and retail sales.
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 fabric extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a flexible access solution for data center access architecture and involved in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Juniper Ex switches (EX2200, EX2500)
- Test cable modems and head-end equipment for DOCSIS 3.0 standard compliance.
- Expertise in maintenance of layer2 switching tasks which advocate VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST, configuring of ether channel with LACP and PAGP along with troubleshooting of inter-VLAN routing.
- Experience in Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPsec, proxy services, Site to Site VPN tunnels, MPLS/VPN, SSL/VPN.
- Worked on leading research and engineering team on rapid prototyping next generation cloud computing and software defined networking (SDN) products and services
- Administration of VMware ESX and ESXi Servers on HP Blade Servers C7000 and C3000.
- Experience in configuring VDC, VPC and FCOE, upgrading NX-OS for Nexus Family Switches.
- Expert in the following Ethernet products: Dedicated Ethernet, Switched Ethernet, VPN, Dedicated Internet (MIS), and Dedicated Wavelength Ring Service as it pertain to sales systems and architecture.
- Experience working on Aruba wireless controllers. Configuring, Debugging and Testing of AP (802.11n/ ac) and WLAN stations.
- Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper Net screen & SRX Firewalls and their implementation
- Design, configuration, and support of Cisco Nexus Platforms (Nexus7K, 5K, 2K).
- Wholesale sales knowledge of systems and process for Business Voice over IP.
- Experience in systems and process for wholesale sales and retail sales.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts. Providing support and troubleshooting for Business VOIP clients.
- Thorough understanding of VPN technologies like IPsec, GRE tunneling, MPLS for remote access security.
- Experienced working on network monitoring and analysis tools like, SOLAR WINDS, and Wireshark.
- Configured ASR 1K routers as head end WAN routers and implemented BGP with VRF & OSPF instances.
- Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS), Data Leakage Prevention (DLP), forensics, sniffers and malware analysis tool
- Architecture, design, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within VI3, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5 environments with Virtual Center management, Lab Manager, vCloud Director
- Create a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Performed deep packet analysis to troubleshoot application issues using tools like Wire-shark.
- Working knowledge of DNS as required when deploying load balancing configurations and also monitored packet flow in load balancers.
- Efficient at use of Microsoft VISIO/Office as technical documentation and presentation tools.
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, SQL SERVER, ASP.NET, JAVA SCRIPT, PowerShell, Winbatch, AutoIT, VBScript, Python, Kibana
Network Configuration: Advanced switch/router configuration (Cisco IOS access list, Route redistribution/propagation)
Cisco Routers: Cisco GSR 12416, 12418, Cisco 7200vxr, Cisco 3640, Cisco 3600
Network Protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, VoIP
Network Security: Firewalls, VPN and SSL, Pulse Secure, ArcSight, Digital Guadian
Load Balancer: F5-Big-Ip, LTM, Ax10
Layer 2 technology: VLAN, VTP, VMPS, ISL, DTP, Spanning-tree, PVST
Layer 3 Switching: CEF, MLS, Ether Channel
Routing Protocols: IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, and RIP
Switching Protocols: STP, RSTP, PVSTP, VTP, ARP and VLAN
IP Services: DHCP, NAT, VLAN, DNS, FTP, TFTP, LAN/WAN
Network Technologies: IPsec, GRE, IPv4, IPv6
Switches: Catalyst 6500, MSFC, MSFC2, 7600, 3700, 3500
WAN Protocols: HDLC, PPP, MLPPP
Security Technologies: Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Juniper SRX, McAfee proxy servers, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Bluecoat.
VOIP Devices: Cisco IP phones, QOS, Avaya, CUCM, UCCX, CIPC and UCS.
Wireless Technologies: Wireless LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Client Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, AP groups, WLANS, Cisco Prime Site Maps.
WAN Technologies: ATM, ISDN, PPP, MPLS, ATT, 802.11, 802.11a, 802.11b
Operating Systems: Windows Exchange Server 2007, Window 2000/XP/Vista, DOS, Windows server 2003/2008, Linux, UNIX, IOS
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCESr. Network Engineer
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, STP, RSTP, port aggregation & link negotiation.
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Configured &Troubleshooting with BGP OSPF, EIGRP.
- Configuring VLANs, STP, VTP and Inter-VLAN routing in LAN environment.
- Configuring and troubleshooting with Cisco ASA (5550/5520), Juniper SRX (3600/650)
- Design and configuring of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls.
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco 2600 series routers with OSPF protocols.
- Upgrading the network by translating protocol like EIGRP to OSPF.
- Automated complex processes using PowerShell and other scripting languages including Perl with regex.
- Administration and L3 support of our Infoblox DDI deployment and F5 GTM's and configuring various advanced features (Profiles, monitors, iRules, Redundancy, SSL Termination, Persistence, SNATs, and HA) on F5 BIG IP appliances.
- Implemented a Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) solution (wired, wireless, and VPN users) for a commercial client with converged access switches and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Was the main security team resource for Active Directory scripting using PowerShell. Performed complex queries and made global changes to Active Directory using PowerShell.
- Database management using Digital Guardian
- Responsible for the secure development lifecycle for Cisco's Nexus line of products, including Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) - Cisco's Software Defined Network (SDN) solution, as well as the Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 6k, 5k, 4k, & 2k.
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients.
- Implemented Cisco IOS Firewall IDS using 2600 series router.
- Utilized and Set up Elasticsearch & Kibana instances
- Configuring RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper M and MX series Routers
- Used Kibana data visualization tool to create graphs and dashboards to analyze over 100,000 error and warning data logs
- Connector Installation for source log data ingestion into ArcSight ESM and logger.
- Assist the NOC team with ticket handling in regards to ArcSight alerts that fire into automated tickets for further investigation.
- Dedicated Internet (MIS), and Dedicated Wavelength Ring Service as it pertain to sales systems and architecture.
- Coordinate, execute and evaluate logical and physical level issues to resolution including troubleshooting Cisco, Aruba and Citrix equipment.
- Responsible for interoperability testing between Avaya and Cisco voice and data products such as Avaya Communication Manager.
- Planning, deploying LANs/WANs voice interconnection using protocols VoIP, H.323, SIP, ISDN, L1-L3.
- Configured and maintained IPsec and SSL VPN's on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Hands-on experiences in configuring Cloud platform (Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, VNETs, Azure, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Service Bus, Azure API gateway/Management
- Install, upgrade and configure Next-Gen Palo Alto Firewall series PA-500, 3000, 5000, 7000.Installed Palo Alto PA-3060 Firewalls to protect Data Center.
- Participated as a subject matter expert in a 2-person team that replaced 96 DOCSIS 2.0 CMTS with 60 DOCSIS 3.0 CMTS. Maintained several different types of Cisco CMTS including 10K, 7246,7223
- Cisco APIC-EM (IWAN) Deployment using CSR1000v Switch and VMware.
- Implemented programs in Python to monitor virtual machine usage data using VMware API calls.
- Worked on SIP protocol on TCP and UDP connections and proficient with VOIP technologies
- Configured VTP domain, trunk links, ether channels and remote VLANs on Cisco and other vender’s switches
- Responsible in troubleshooting on Cisco ISE added new devices on network based on policies on ISE.
- Delivered projects at various verticals/customers enabling technologies for SDN, OpenStack cloud Based initiative and NFV.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Bluecoat SG9000 WAN acceleration appliances including WCCP, CIFS and creating overlays
- Analyzed and Implemented OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
- Experience in troubleshooting SAN related issues and firmware up gradations of SANs in VMware
- Coordinated & Implemented the UCS Migration project -Migrated old VM infrastructure from HP Blade System to the new Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Blade Servers.
- Involved in designing both internal and external VMware View 4.5 & 4.6 VDI solutions to customer base.
- Improved network and system security through setup and ongoing maintenance of Riverbed IPS and fire eye
- Installed, configured, and managed the firm's Citrix Access Gateway appliances and NetScaler’s 8.0.
- Created documentation for server builds and Citrix applications installations.
- Strong hands on experience on PIX (506, 515, 525, 535), ASA … Firewalls. Implemented security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA(TACACS+ & RADIUS).
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Used AutoIt and Winbatch to automate legacy system functions manually performed by the provisioning security team.
- Web Filtering solutions from Bluecoat/Websence/Cisco etc.
- Worked on bluecoat web application firewall to improve application performance and to perform checks on HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, ICAP and ICMP in order to monitor web content servers.
- Problem resolution of leveraged and dedicated SIEM Environment.
- Implemented and validated various cloud solutions based on Cisco and 3rd party products such as Nexus 9K/7K/1Kv, CSR1000v, ASA, NetScaler 1000v, UCS VMware vSphere and NetApp.
- Ensuring proper working of all the network equipment’s (routes switches & firewall).
- Producing reports network productivity, plans and issues for higher management.
- LAN / WAN installation, Configuration and support / IOS update (CISCO routers, Switches).
- Interaction with business clients and Network experts and development SMEs to determine the high level requirements for systems and network elements in support of new features in the Network on Demand, HALO and non-cloud based architectures (i.e. PricerD, PCGloBES, Sales Express, ASAP/ADOPT, GCSM, and ROME).
- The support focused more on in-depth problem analysis of Cisco, Citrix and Aruba products and their integration into enterprise-wide mixed environments.
- Included in team for configuration and monitoring of Citrix NetScaler (Both MPX and VPX)
- CISCO Switch configuration in particular VLAN configuration / troubleshooting
- Aruba OS AP's, Aruba Instant Controller-less AP's, Aruba MeshOS multi-radio mesh platform.
- Hands on experience as well as competitive sales training on Aruba's full product line including; AP-100/110/175/130.
Environments: Implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of network using Switching technology like VLANs, Avaya, Digital Guardian, inter-VLAN routing, Kibana, Citrix XenApp5.0, Citrix NetScaler 8.0, Routing technology like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Worked on Cisco Layer 2 switches (spanning tree, VLAN).
- WAN Infrastructure running OSPF & BGP as core routing protocol.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers.
- Tested authentication in OSPF and BGP.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Optimized performance of the WAN network consisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP.
- In-depth expertise in the implementation of analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Determine how best to leverage ArcSight ESM (and associated products) to meet the strategic goals by defining use cases.
- Installing, Configuring and Maintenance of Windows Servers and VMWare 5.1.
- Planning and configuring the routing protocols such as OSPF, RIP, and Static Routing on the routers.
- Utilized python in the handling of all hits on configuration and other application
- Experience on dealing with Cisco ISE Secure Network Server 3515 and other network security products.
- implemented Azure VM storage good understanding on Implementing images and disks Configure, monitor Azure VM networking resiliency
- Configured servers and SNMP alerts on Citrix NetScaler SDX.
- Involved in setting up new Citrix NetScaler SDX 15000
- Design network system architecture and implement the prototype of the system using SDN
- Experience in troubleshooting SAN related issues and firmware up gradations of SANs in VMware and different environments
- F5 configuration for newly setup web sites and bluecoat ProxySGS.
- Designed, configured and administrated Silver-Peak WAN Optimization devices.
- Worked with corporate and local staff as subject-matter-expert to design and implement scalable core DOCSIS 3.0 and Digital Video Networks for Cox Systems.
- Assist the certification team and perform configuration of LAN\WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Packet capturing, troubleshooting on network problems with Wireshark, identifying and fixing problems
- Managing and implementing Cisco UCS - Blade and Rack Mount servers.
- Performing UCS Operation readiness and troubleshooting hardware issues, UCS blade profile, blade assignment
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies Palo Alto.
- Experience in Configuring VPC, VDC and ISSU software upgrade in Nexus 7010 Including NX-OS Virtual Port Channels, Nexus port profiles, Nexus Version 4.2 and 5.0, Nexus VPC peer link.
- Troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, WLAN & VoIP networking issues using Wireshark, TCP dump, Net flow, Net scout, Syslog and other advanced tools and methodologies.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500
- Configured RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing.
- Experience working with High performance data center switch like nexus 7000 series.
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
- Installation & configuration of Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 & Bluecoat Proxy.
Environment: Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 5540/5500, Rip, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, LAN, WAN, Arcsight, HARP, MPLS, Citrix Netscaler, F5 BIG - IP LTM 3900, Nexus 2K/5K/7K, MS Visio, PPP, VLAN, VPN.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience.
- Lead the installation and configuration of corporate wide rollout of the Cisco Catalyst 3550, 3750, 4500, and 6509 switches.
- Worked in setting up Inter-VLAN routing, redistribution, access-lists and dynamic routing.
- Replaced Checkpoint firewall architecture with new next generation Palo Alto appliances serving as firewalls and URL and application inspection.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500.
- Experience in migration of VLANS.
- Expertise in implementing L2 technologies including VLAN's, VTP, STP, RSTP.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Route Redistribution between static, RIP, EIGRP OSPF & BGP protocols.
- Experience in Data over Cable System Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Certification for High-Speed Internet Access Applications.
- Utilized SmartBits Packet Generator and Cisco CMTS (uBR7200) to perform DOCSIS 2.0 testing.
- Deployed a Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) solution (wired, wireless, and VPN users) for commercial client with converged access switches and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN's and Access Control Lists.
- Configuring IPsec VPN on Cisco Firewall.
- Maintained, upgraded, configured, and installed Cisco ASA 5510, 5520, & 5505 Firewalls from the CLI and ASDM.
- Knowledge of systems and process for wholesale sales and retail sales
- Responsible for designing and implementation for customer network infrastructure.
- Upgrade Cisco Routers and Switches IOS using TFTP.
Environment: Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 5520/5510, VTP, STP, RSTP, F5 BIG - IP LTM 3900, DHCP, MS Visio, NAT, PAT, VPN’s and Access Control.
- Hand on experience of the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers & L2/L3 Switches.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing BGP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Configuration of EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution, installed and maintained Cisco 3600, 2600 and 7200 backbone routes with HSRP
- Replaced Fast Ethernet switches with Gigabit Ethernet switches.
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients.
- Developed documentation, system standards and SOPs within the organization.
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network.
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site with Routing Information Protocol.
- Working experience with A10 and F5 Load Balancer.
Environments: Configure and troubleshooting of routing protocol like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DHCP configuration (Server & Client), MPLS, VPN, Point to Point Site, Cisco routers and switches, Access control server, VLAN
Jr. Network Administrator
- Upgrade Cisco 7200, 3600 Router IOS Software, backup Routers and Catalyst 3560, 4500 switch configurations
- Support 24x7 operations and answer calls from the customers on network emergencies and resolve issues
- Install and manage Cisco Catalyst 3500XL, &2960 series Switches and Cisco 1800, 3900 series routers.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and supports the LAN / WAN hardware, software and Internet /Intranet integration network connectivity, diagnose network failures and resolve any problems.
- Responsible for implementation and day to day operations of all associated hubs, routers, bridges, gateways and related equipment
- Monitoring the network, troubleshooting network problems, implementing changes, communicating and working closely with vendors, customers, system administrators
- Troubleshoot and fix any backup and monitoring systems related issues in conjunction with Systems team and external vendors
- Active participation on operational support for routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc.
- Managed various teams involved in site surveys, cabling specifications, Network equipment installation and configuration.
- Design OSPF areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
Environment: Cisco 7200/3600, LAN, WAN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, Blade Logic Patch Management tool