An experienced programmer/analyst with excellent problem - solving skills in any environment or programming language. Primary experience is in the IBM mainframe environment with Cobol, Confidential, Assembler and DB2 and scripting languages, applications and systems programming/systems software. Exposure to C, C++, C#, Java and ASP.NET.
Specialized Knowledge : COBOL, ASSEMBLER(BAL), Confidential, VSAM, DB2, SQL, IBM mainframe utilities, C, FORTRAN, TSO, CLISTs, REXX, Unix, Shell Scripts, Software Quality Assurance and Control, System Testing, ISV Product Installation and Control.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Systems Analyst
- Currently updating the mainframe portion of several client server applications using DB2 Connect, MQSeries, COBOL, Confidential and IMS.
- Converted a large customer service application to remove Sybase's Direct/Connect product and rearchitect the application to use the MQSeries Confidential Bridge at a savings of several hundred thousand dollars. Responsible for Medicare claims reconciliation with the federal government.
- Automated many processes which had previously required manual intervention by technical staff.
- The automation of these processes resulted in a savings of several hundred thousand dollars a year.
- Provided systems analysis for the re-platforming of several mainframe applications to a data warehouse environment.
- Produced full system and business documentation for the software as part of a project to decommission old applications and shut down the mainframe hardware.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
- Consulted with the primary vendor on design changes and software maintenance.
- Reviewed software specifications for completeness and technical accuracy.
- Verified that requirements were properly implemented via system testing and code review.
- This position requires a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Assigned to Confidential in the same position described above.
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
Senior Software Engineer
- Performed software design, maintenance and development in support of the Confidential.
- Designed and implemented code changes based on specifications.
Confidential, Voorhees, NJ
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Performed system maintenance and ISV product support for one of the large healthcare insurers in the U.S.
- Installed and maintained system software products such as AbendAid, FileAid and Syncsort.
- Supported a variety of programming languages including COBOL, BAL, FORTRAN and APL.
- Acted as a leading proponent of run-time cost reductions and performance evaluation.
- This included standardization of JCL parameters and trials of several products designed to analyze live software performance.
- These projects led directly to the annual savings of over $2,000,000 in processing costs and over 140 days of batch run-time per year.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Senior Software Developer
- Developed and maintained system software products for the world’s largest independent mainframe software developer.
- Performed second level support for a variety of mainframe tools and development environments.
- Second level support involved interfacing with clients in order to aid in product installation and use, recreating problems and creating solutions at the source (Assembler) and object levels and assisting clients coding exit programs to customize systems for their site.
- Presented sales, marketing and training sessions at industry conferences and visited client sites around the world to help resolve installation and usage problems.