- Professional with 4.3 years of experience in the field of Information Technology that covers good understanding and exposure all phases of development activities of deliverables, handling on site - offshore communication, team coordination, handling multiple projects running concurrently.
- 4.3 years of proven experience in developing Mainframe Application (application development, support and operations) in teams of small and medium size (2-25) teams.
- Extensive experience of working in a complete software life cycle of projects.
- 4 years of experience in reviewing requirements provided by the client and creating design documents.
- Worked on rigorous PLI/SQL and COBOL coding. Coded more than 50 programs till now covering all the functionalities of my Project.
- Handled DB2 issues independently covering different aspects like improving performance of the jobs etc.
- Set up “Cloud” Environment for Mainframes and worked on DB2 and PLI/SQL in Cloud Environment and also won 1 st Prize representing it in ShareNet Session
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Experience of utilizing in-depth knowledge of functional and Technical experience and business skills to deliver solutions to customer.
- Work with Business Analyst in translating business requirements into Functional Requirements Document and to prepare Detailed Design Documents
- Worked on application performance tuning, standardization, automation of standard functionalities, application modernization and mainframe migration projects
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Working as an SME for other projects helping them to setup Cloud Environment for Mainframes
- Currently implementing Agile Methodology.
- Worked from IBM USA for 3 weeks.
Programming Skills: PL/1, PL1SQL JCL,SQL,REXX,COBOL
Environment: IBM Mainframe, Client/Server, Cloud
Operating systems: Windows 98/00/XP/07, OS/390, Z/OS, VM.
Tools & Utilities: TSO,SCLM,OPC,DB2 admin,IBM Batch Run Assistant,File,Manager,SPUFI, RMS, IBM Data Studio, IBM development Center, RMDS
Processes & Methods: Agile and Water Fall Methodology
Associate System Engineer
- Translating the business requirements into technical requirements.
- System analysis for the impact of the changes for the requirements
- Business analysis for requirements, interacting with different teams and creating the estimates
- Translate customer requirements into technical requirements and High Level Design Documents.
- Establish specific solutions and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Managing Development and testing.
- Involved in analysis, design, development, maintenance, and testing
- Managing system integration testing at all levels,e.g.,Uitest level testing,Integration level testing and System Testing
- To work on defects and take part in root cause analysis of defects using standard RCA templates.
- Involved in quality activities.
- Communicating effectively with on-site.
- Providing day-to-day updates on development of the work to On-site .
- Created design documents, unit test logs.
- Deliver technical sessions on PL/I,Cloud Setup for Mainframes and DB2
- Work as Backup Team Lead.
- Working as an SME to help other projects setting up the cloud environment.
- Worked as PL/I,PLISQL developer delivering core functionalities
Associate System Engineer
- Shared learning’s with the team in weekly offshore team meetings and also through knowledge sharing sessions.
- Shared knowledge on the quality process to the entire offshore team.
- Updated the review checklist with new action items to avoid the post implementation defects in future.
- Contributed for look ahead meeting (LAM) to improve the project quality processes.
- Involved in giving training's to the new team members.
- Shared learning’s with the team by knowledge sharing sessions and documents.
- Used different existing tools to reduce the time of the deliverables and make the process efficient.
- Supported system testing team in preparing test cases
- Set up the Cloud Environment for mainframes,worked on it and conducted several Liquid Competitions for it.
- Worked as a shared Resource for other project as a developer.
- Headed technical sessions with offshore clients
- Develop several automated tools for the project