Over 20 years experience working as an IT Professional on the MVS Platform. Performed system performance monitoring, tuning and configuration. Established and implemented standards and guidelines. Implemented Mainframe applications that span across operating systems. A logical thinker and problem solver who communicates effectively. Proficient in design process, programming, debugging, data and system analysis. Demonstrated success in working with clients and fellow information systems personnel.
- COBOL II CICS TSO VSAM
- OS/390 DB2 MVS SQL
- FILE MANAGER EASYTRIEVE ISPF SAS
- FILEAID CHANGEMAN CONNECT DIRECT TERADATA
- MICROSOFT OFFICE MQ SERIES CONTROL M
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Programmer Analyst Consutant
- Responsible for creating automated test system for Collections and Recoveries processing systems.
- Developed automated collections test system start to end cutting testing process from three days to a few hours.
- Developed automated recoveries test system start to end cutting process ran for over a day no longer need any manual intervention.
- Developed automated refresh of input data bases to refresh data to pretest state.
- Created a merge process for multiple test regions data base to update one regression region for preproduction turnover approval.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Systems Analyst Ops IIResponsibilities:
- Developed interim system to accept Privacy Data from acquired company while data was being fully integrated into Confidential systems.
- Acknowledged expert “SME” for Suppression Process.
- Implemented changes to covert data transfers to vendor T1 to OC3 line. Changes involved Connect Direct MVS to grid.
- Redesigned the MVS privacy suppression process to eliminate waste. This change cut the production processing time from four hours to a half an hour. This was an integrated effort over multiple platforms.
- Developed and maintained documentation for all suppression systems.
- Receive Process Improvement Certificate.
MIS Analyst IIResponsibilities:
- Implemented Suppression file build process into Control M Production environment.
- Designed and implemented MVS piece of enterprise system for address cleansing providing Confidential with consistent address validation software across platforms.
- On a team that designed and implemented Return Address system identify bad addresses. Data received from USPS saved Confidential millions of dollars a year.
- Developed spread sheet to create parameters from file input data.
- Changed manual process of multiple jobs to be automated and parameter driven.
- Support All aspects of the development life cycle in support of the Virginia medicaid system.
- Interact with DMAS Department of Medical Assistance Services for sign-off of systems test results for changes to be implemented.
- Researched and developed enhancements.
- On call duties