Seasoned Development Systems Engineer and Technical Lead with experience guiding teams through all project development phases; skilled at adaptability, customer focus, decision making, engineering analysis, integrated systems, systems thinking and domain specific knowledge. Well respected team leader and collaborator contributing strong project management, hands - on technical acumen, and working proactively with team members, managers, partners and customers. Development s include incorporating agile methodology to strengthen test-driven development, validation, and change management activities.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux, Sun/Solaris, HP/UX, pSOS/RTOS, SiliconGraphics/IRIX, DEC/Ultrix, VAX/VMS, mainframe Encore/MPX, Harris/VOS.
Other Technologies/Tools: IDE CaseTools, StP CaseTools, TeamWork CaseTools, Rational Purify, UML/OOA/OOD, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, JBuilder, TCP/IP, HTTP, Network Topology, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Interleaf, Framemaker, SQL Server, Oracle 8 & 9, CVS, Subversion, JIRA, Bugzilla, Emacs, iMake and OSF & GNU freeware
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Senior Principal Engineer
- Streamlined and enforced the production standard processes and improved service launch successes.
- Led transition team to fielding industry first HDTV and HD Mosaic mix channels and upgraded interactive services.
- Responsibility includes hands-on interactive broadcast services support and to resolve all technical escalation for on-air interactive problems from broadcast operations and broadcast technical services and engineering groups.
- Negotiate business requirements & analysis, generating systems specifications, Interface documents and conduct critical design reviews and testing specifications for mobile applications. In corporate and collaborate on mobile technologies such as performance monitoring, mobile encryption, Digital Rights Management technology, mobile A/B testing, scalable multicast live streaming CDN.
- Responsible for overall system architecture, requirement and design for the interactive services system engineering group, (including third party systems and managing vendor components), supports interactive software agile development and QA testing with critical design reviews, readiness reviews and test plan inputs and test procedure reviews.
- Devised technical solution for the multi - million self sustaining gaming channels pay subscription interactive service and introduced the original user authentication/user profile headend server E-token usage; and devised a multi-million savings program for the customer self-care interactive service by allowing time saving automatic account initiation during set-top box installation.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Responsible for overall software test and product release activities: developing test software, automate test scripts, and bug discrepancy resolution and release of the CA product to customer. Functional responsibility includes establishing the project testing strategy, the creation of the test environment, the development design walkthroughs, and the creation and execution of the test plan.
- Use Rational Purify for software analysis and memory access checks before releases. Manages a team of 4 people, including testing, tools development and product software build and release. new hired engineers in our dept to get familiar with our system and tools.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Responsible for software testing and production system integration support of a large scale HP Server/C,C++ applications with over 30 million plus smart cards.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Senior Software/Test Engineer
- Product development engineer with Confidential technology on Sun Solaris/ Linux and Windows platforms, working with SSL, digital s, and client-server applications.
- Using iPlanet Web servers, Netscape Directory Servers and iPlanet management system.
- Responsible for server side software authentication engine, secure key encryption/decryption modules in Java/C/C++ layer. Conduct system performance analysis, tuning and testing.
- Project responsibility also includes On-time product deliveries, customer coordination & support and product testing.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Software Engineering Specialist
- Very large scale Product Line Built and developed successful cornerstone mission avionics test station software product line consists of 1.5 million lines of code, cover the full software engineering lifecycle and is managed using IEEE Capability Maturity Model (CMM) methodology with Software Engineering Institute Level 4 .
- Software responsibilities include defining software requirements, top - level software design, and real time scheduling and I/O architecture design.
- Developed software using Software through Pictures (StP) case tool, SUN Solaris UNIX platform, C/C++ language, X11/Motif Libraries, multi-platform UNIX compilers, (includes Embedded RTOS system) and multiple debuggers.
- Use Fagan Inspection TQM Process methodology and multiple in-house IT automation testing tools and procedures for software quality assurance and to reduce software error.
- System design responsibilities include the implementation and integration of multiple interfaces using shared memory, Ethernet TCP/IP, FDDI, IEEE-488, MIL-STD 1553 MUX and token ring buses. Software complexities include flight dynamics modeling, navigational modeling, avionics modeling, multi-functional graphic displays, customized GUI interfaces and upfront panels and the development of a hotbench test bay interfaces to actual avionics equipments.
Software Technical Lead
- Software team leader with Flight Simulator and Flight Handling Quality Station responsibility.
- Lead a team of 18 engineers and support staff in developing a multi - million state of art Flight Simulation Laboratory facility.
- Project management responsibilities included resource planning, scheduling, project lifecycle control, security procedures, and daily operations.
- Led simulation development activities to 4 primary user groups - Flight control, Avionics, Operations Research, and Human Factors Engineering.
- Program development activities supported includes proof of concept, prototype demonstration, full engineering development, system integration, test verification & validation, and releases to flight test. Handles rapid and frequent integration of new technology products and expanded system capabilities into the flight simulation facility.
- Software responsibilities include the development of an 8-node parallel computer real-time environment with reflective memory bus.
- Supported the development of the advanced aircraft s first flight activities using the Six Degree-of-Freedom flight dynamics model.
- Supported the algorithm development for the navigational sensor fusion module using INS, GPS, Digital Map & active sensors and supported algorithm development for the terrain following, terrain avoidance and thread avoidance module.
Systems Integration Engineer
- Served as avionics simulation system integrator and developer. Supported the development and integration of advanced avionics such as state of art digital map system, voice command system, FLIR imaging and sensor tracker system, digital flight control computers, helmet mounted sight/display systems and advanced air - to-air and air-to-ground smart weapons and numerous fire control and mission planning algorithm development activities.
- Designed and implemented real-time algorithm for digital terrain elevation and inter-visibility virtual world capability .