- Network Engineer with 2 years of professional experience in performing Network analysis, design, Implementing also with capacity planning with focus on performance tuning and support of large Networks and Desktop support / Lab Administration in 24x7.
- Strong experience in Routers, Switches and firewalls with hardware/software issues.
- Worked on configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls like Cisco ASA(55XX), Palo Alto(PA - 3020) devices.
- Experience in managing security policies with CSM, integrated with ASA 5500 devices.
- Strong Knowledge on ACL configuration for RADIUS and TACACS+.
- Strong Knowledge with firewall security context, failover, clustering and firewall firepower.
- Migration of Cisco ASA firewall rules to Palo Alto Policy.
- Designing and implementing F5 BIG-IP load balancer.
- Worked on F5 BIG IP LTM, GTM products for the balancing applications and their High availability.
- Hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting, configuration of routing protocol likes Static, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP on Cisco 7200, 3900 series Routers and Juniper MX240, MX480.
- Migration of old 2800 router to new 3900 routers.
- Experience in Configuring and implementing VLAN, VTP, LAN switching, STP and 802.1x authentication on Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3500 series switches, Nexus 7k, 5K and Juniper EX4500, EX 6500.
- Worked on configuration and troubleshooting redundancy protocol like HSRP and VRRP.
- Strong Knowledge in WAN technologies including HDLC, Point to Point.
- Strong experience in implementing, configuring VPN technologies like IPSEC, DMVPN, MPLS.
- Experience with different Network Management Tools like SolarWinds and Splunk.
- Hands on knowledge on Sniffing tools like Wireshark (ethereal) and Tcpdump.
- Experience with Project documentation tools and experience with developing network design documentation and presentations using VISIO.
- Experienced with upgrade and backup Configuration of cisco IOS using TFTP server and password recovery for router.
- Expertise in implementing efficient Disaster Recovery and Strategies planning.
- Knowledge on programming Python scripting.
- Good team player interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and ability to think outside the box.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 supports when required.
Firewall Security: Cisco ASA 5520, Juniper SRX5600, Palo Alto PA-3020, PA-3060.
Routing: Static, BGP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, authentication Cisco routers (3640, 3700,7200), Juniper (MX240, MX480)
Load balancing: F5 (LTM and GTM)
VPN: GRE Tunneling, IPsec.
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP, Trunking, Port channel (LACP, PAGP), Cisco switches (3560,6500), Nexus 5K,7K, Juniper EX4500, EX6500.
Network Monitoring tool: SolarWinds, Infoblox.
Sniffers: Ethereal (Wireshark), TCPDUMP.
Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, SNMP, ARP, PPP, HDLC, MPLS.
Software: MS Visio
Cisco IOS, PanOS, Jun: OS
Confidential, Plainsboro, NJ
- Experience in installation and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewall PA 3060 and PA 3020.
- Worked on in Implementing security policy on Palo Alto improvements such as network filtering.
- ASA 5510 firewalls configuration and Implementation for network security.
- Migration of Cisco ASA 5520 firewall policy into Palo Alto PA-3060 Policy.
- Strong Knowledge on implementing AAA, Access Control Server configuration for RADIUS and TACACS+.
- Configuration of Access Control List (Std, Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Worked on implementing NAT using PAT on firewall.
- Configured routing policy and route-maps to perform route manipulation and filtering.
- Experienced with Implementing F5 BIG-IP load balancer for local traffic manager.
- Exposed to High availability of F5 Load balancer in Active/ Standby.
- Implemented GRE tunneling & Site-to Site VPN between two branch offices using IPsec VPN for user’s connecting from various locations.
- Strongly involved in configuration and troubleshooting of routing protocols like OSPF and BGP (Connection with Carrier) on Cisco 7200/3900, Juniper MX240/480 series router.
- Hands on Knowledge on Changing the BGP attributes like Local p and MED.
- Exposed to redistribution of protocols from EIGRP and BGP from ISP.
- Experienced in Implemented OSPF authentication for high security.
- Strongly involved in configuration of STP, PVST, VLAN, Trunking and port channel (LACP) switching technologies on cisco 3560/6500 and Juniper EX4500/6500.
- Worked on Implementation of High availability gateway by using HSRP.
- Deployed NEXUS 2248 Fabric Extenders, 5548 Model and Fabirc Interconnect with 7010 Model.
- Involved in maintaining IPAM (IP Address Management), DNS and DHCP by using Inflobox.
- Working with troubleshooting tools like Wireshark for packet capturing.
- Worked on documentation to create Visio diagrams using MS Visio.
- Provide 24x7 support and work as a team.
Confidential, Erie, PA
Network support Engineer
- Worked as a network supporter with university network team.
- Configured subnets and inter vlan routing for different labs.
- Configured static route, OSPF for routing traffic with organization.
- Experience with Configuration of DHCP and NAT for different pools.
- Assigning IP address to Computers in different labs.
- Good expose on configuration of windows servers with software installation line c, c++, java with .net framework
- Good expose on and documentation helping for new students
- Expose on cloning and backup to recover failure systems.
- Responsible for implementing, engineering, & level 2 support of existing network technologies / services & integration of new network technologies / services 24x7.
- Configured and managed cisco routers and switches. Worked on 2600, 2900, 3500, 3750 Router and 4500 and 6500 switches.
- Worked on configuration and troubleshooting EIGRP and BGP routing protocol.
- Configuration of ACL to allow users all over the company to access or block the traffic.
- Configured RPVSTP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Experienced with implemented port aggregation & link negotiation using LACP and PAGP.
- Involved in design, implementation and configuration of HSRP for load balancing on L3 switches on different location of office on the switched Network.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC
- Worked on Implemented VTP and trunking protocols (802.1q) on catalyst switches 3560, 3750 and 4500 series.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network (NAT, DHCP).
- Setting up SNMP and integrating all devices with Monitoring Tools with SolarWinds.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Inventory management and Management database of devices and IP's for Addressing space management.