- Thirty - eight years of experience specializing in Mainframe Systems.
- Performed tasks involving MVS-z/OS, VSE, CICS, & IMS Systems Programming and Administration.
- Performance Tuning & Reporting and Capacity Planning.
- Perform as a technical developer on application systems containing 60+ working programs, cross systems integration with existing business processes.
- Installed and Administered Changeman, Subversion, and BuildForge SCLM products.
- Designed and developed solutions on in-house and Vendor software. MSA AP/AR/GL/PY accounting package, SEAKO HMO, IssueCom & Life70 insurance packages, EDI Software, & Elixir Forms Designer.
- As an application programmer I have maintained and designed application software utilizing Cobol and HLASM languages.
- I have written code for IMS DL/I DB/DC, CICS, and DB2 platforms.
- I have developed for the TSO, ISPF, CMS, ICCF, USS, zLinux, VSE, & MVS/zOS operating environments.
- I have used & maintained EXEC2, CLIST, REXX, ISPF Panels & Skeletons as part of the business application.
- I have debugged, diagnosed, resolved program and application problems.
- I have provided solutions to performance and capacity issues related to application restraints.
- I have performed several application conversions to new product.
- I have performed data conversions where new file definitions were involved and file organization upgrades.
- I have performed new product implementations.
- I have written application interface upgrades and new products routines.
- As a systems programmer I have written application utilities and interfaces.
- Installed softeare and applied maintenance using SMPE and MSHP.
- I have written Exits, Application, and System Management software.
- I have managed and administered OS and Vendor software, Transaction Processors, DB/DC, Programmer Utilities & Diagnostic tools, and SCLM products.
- I have performed Diagnostic and Performance monitoring Confidential the systems and application level and primary point of contact to the application staff.
- I have utilized the SMF w/ MXG and subsystem logs for performance reporting and capacity planning.
- I have performed system and product upgrades and product replacements.
- I have participated in OS conversion from VSE to MVS and acted in a technical lead role.
- I have performed a system product migration from three LPARs into one LPAR as the Project Manager for both the OS and Application systems.
- I have performed application migrations where software was distributed and/or merged into new & existing systems.
Software: IMS, DB2, CICS, VSAM, TSO/ISPF (Panels/Skeletons), SMPE/MSHP. IBM Tools & PDT, BMC, CA, Compuware Tools & Utilities, ICCF, ChangeMan, Endeavor, Build Forge, Omegamon, TMON, JES2/3, zOS, VSE & zLinux, Compiler & Product Exits. Microsoft Office w/ VBA. Linux Apache/Tomcat.
Languages: COBOL 5.1, HLASM, SAS/MXG, FOCUS, QuikJob, EZTrieve, IEF/CoolGen, CLIST & REXX.
Platforms: MVS, z/OS, VSE, VM, & zLinux, Microsoft Office, Solaris w/ Xerox Printer Server DocuPrint.
Systems Research Analyst
- Research and identify the issues involved with the merging of systems (IMS, CICS, DB2, MQ, RACF, JES, USS, third party products, and external business interfaces) from five differing systems(CEC) onto one system (CEC).
- Addressing duplicity with system and application naming and resource definitions.
- Identify conversion related items that are system related and ae used Confidential the application level.
- Identify technical related issues that conflict with a homogenous environment for 5 LPAR configurations into a singular system.
- Setting up the processes that will maintain converted application code in conjunction with business releases during the conversion and verification phase.
- Identify policy related issues for management resolution.
- I wrote HLASM, Cobol, & REXX Exec’s integrating Sort, SortTool, and IBM Utilities to parse, format data into flatfile’s to load into databases and download into Excel Spreadsheets.
- I performed product installation, maintenance, tuning, and support.
- I performed performance diagnostics & reporting.
- I installed and maintained third party products for zOS, CICS, & IMS.
- I performed application tuning and environment management.
- I performed a major IMS migration which resulted in a significant cost savings to the company.
- I wrote HLASM, Cobol v5.1, SAS/MXG programs for performance reporting of z/OS, CICS, IMS DB/DC, and Batch systems.
- I provided performance, debugging/diagnostic support to the application staff Confidential the system and program levels.
- Extensive HLASM and COBOL programming using IMS/DB, DB2, & VSAM access methods for both Batch and CICS applications.
- I maintained and wrote card encryption and verification routines.
- Monitor CICS systems for configuration issues, problem determination, contention and performance issues. Install and implement Zaps and fixes by means of MSHP, Vendor ZAP utilities, and PTF implementation.
- Implement CICS table changes, RDO changes, Job/JCL setup, CICS initial setup, DASD Requirements and setup. Vendor product installation to include external security interface. Vendor products include VtamPrint, Intertest, BimCnsol, CA-Top Secret, ICCF, CICS Spooling interface, VSAMTune, FAVER, Optimizer, Sort, BIMCnsol, Zeke and DumpMaster. Technologies involved are ALL CICS communications (APPC, ISC/MRO, DTP, DPL, Function shipping, and Tran Routing). CICS Exits, Terminal autoinstall, Dump Exits & application exits (FC, TC, & KC). For both CICS/TS and CICS 2.3 for VSE. Maintained programming support for store communications (AIX & Win NT) and data transfers into the mainframe.
- Provide product installation, implementation and diagnostics for COBOL F, COBOL II, COBOL/VSE/xOS, LE, QuikJob, Easytrieve, ASM/HLASM, MSA, and CSP. Implemented product upgrades and provided application diagnostic support. Implemented MQ interface programs. installed a new release of a VTAMPrint converting from CICSPrint. Installed CA-Top Secret 3.0 converting from CA-Top Secret 2.3.
- Provided backup Admin support for these products. Installed and provided application support for new programs and conversions from FCobol to Cobol/VSE. Installed and converted to new releases of TMON for VSE/CICS/TS. ZIPVSE, VSE Connector MQ Client. zOS Products: ChangeMan 5.3 to 5.5, JCLPrep, ZIP390, CompuWare File/DB2-Aid, Abend-Aid (CICS/DB2/TSO), Expediter TSO/CICS. Installed and Converted from Compuware to IBM developer tool kits.
- Updated all vendor products for CICS and Batch (CA-Faver, CA-Optimizer, CA-Sort, and Zeke) applied product maintenance and upgrades as required. Provided diagnostics as needed Confidential the operating system and application level on VSE. We upgraded VM 2.1 to z/VM 3.1 and VSE 2.1 to VSE 2.7. Provided installation, testing and conversion support to all third party products in support of the O/S upgrades. Performed extensive VSE to MVS conversions and technical Software rewrites.
- I installed and upgraded Changeman, SubVersion, & BuildForge I administered the products for all existing and new application systems. I setup the Application Code Prefixes that meet the naming standards for the company. I setup and administer the repositories for all mainframe/open systems source code. This include the application software, JCL, control members, scheduling members, control cards, Symbolic libraries for the various operating environments across the plex/network.
- Setup and provided diagnostics for WebSphere Application Developer for zOS.
- SNA Data transfers to/from remote devices. VSAM File Utilization System. VSE System Dump Manager. VM/CMS backup & archival system.
- Provided software support for CPU model upgrades.
- Provided programming and configuration support for Xerox DP120 & DP75 printers. Forms, Fonts, DJDE/JDL design and implementation through the use of the Elixer Designer system.
- Provided 90% of all utility type software support and interfaces to include CICS Transactions & programs, linkable routines, Batch programs. VM Exec’s to support VM Backups. CMS ASM programs to manipulate VSE Reports into downloaded data files into SQL & MS Access.
- Provided 100% of the software conversion and support for the technical systems department for the Confidential rollover.
- Provided 100% CMS programming support using EXEC, EXEC 2, XEDIT Macros, and Assembler.
- Maintained the VM Backups System, Design and build CMS Unattended machines.
Technical Applications Programmer
- Installed MSA, IE, DCI Payroll Software Package.
- Maintained EDI invoicing system. Provided Power access mechanism to support Confidential verification.
- Provided System Manager (SM) interface support for Confidential .
- Implemented IRMA/EXTRA/FTP transfer support Confidential the application level.
- Provided technical specifications for PC database structure.
- For three months I customized a vendor product for the HMO insurance industry for an AS400 O/S.
- I redesigned the VSAM Clustering logic in the program product to support multiple devices.
- I added support for a User interface into a scheduling system (CA-7 & Zeke) to add near real time report functionality.
- Added the capability to directly utilize standardized Government software (DRG’s). Added the support for a new pricing structure to the claims processing portion of the application software.
- Converted the Coal Miner claims from govt. format to CSC format and processed the claims through to adjudication.
- Provided customization to an HMO purchased package. Converted the inhouse HMO system into the MVS HMO claims system.
- Enhanced the package software to process claims data by company/group codes into multiple master files. Enhanced the claims processing system by adding DRG and Surgical Related Grouping pricing method. Convert the processing to meet the ICD-9 and CPT-4 medical diagnosis codes and tied them to the pricing model. Upgraded the CA-7 interface to support HMO processing symbolics in support of near real time reporting. Provided CICS and batch COBOL maintenance design and support to their HMO software package. Utilized ASSEMBLER and COBOL languages in both batch and CICS.
- Provided batch IMS and DB2 support from existing databases on multiple sites. Utilized NDM and Gateway transfer mechanisms with QMF/SPUFI and FileAid as it query mechanism. Provided maintenance for a data transfer system that utilized Eztrieve language.
- Installed a new release of MSA General Ledger System into DOS/VSE/CICS. Implemented a 100% conversion mechanism into the new release.
- Designed and implemented a history database system utilizing Optical Devices. Provided IMS DB/DC conversion support. Defined new capacity planning parameters to support future growth. Utilized IMS COBOL/HASM coding, SAS and MICS statistical reporting support.
- Designed new profit analysis software for salesman commission systems. utilized IEF CASE and designed, developed and implemented a CICS Personnel Tracking System. Designed batch applications using the toolsets and user exits. Implemented XDB to DB2 network access. Installed OS/2, MF COBOL, IMS CICS on PCs.
- Installed and implemented IMS DL/1 in a DOS/VSE CICS system for a new user. Installed and implemented package that utilizes DOS/VSE CICS/DL/1. Provided Data Administration support for an integrated sales/wholesale/warehousing application. Provided programming support Confidential the Systems Programmer level interfacing into power to offload spooled data into VSAM files accessed by CICS.
- Provided systems support for spool access to the spool from CICS for real-time operations. Installed FOCUS and setup interface routines into production VSAM and DL/1 database. Setup IMS DBA procedures for the application developers. Setup standardized backup, restore, backout, forward recovery, checkpoint/restart and CICS recovery procedures. designed and implemented a PC-LAN mail redirection system. Implemented several utility functions from impact/laser printer control functions to an integrated cartridge tape backup system. Designed access to history data by data type and date sensitivity.
- Converted IMS DB transactions written with internal security to RACF transaction security. Provided software support of CICS written in COBOL/ASM macro and upgraded from CICS 1.5 to 1.7 using command code.