Accomplished, seasoned IT professional with more than five years of progressive, diversified IT and business experience in enterprise-scale systems. Have project management skills - defining project scope, estimating and planning work throughout the phases of the implementation cycle. Has consistently been responsive to rapid technology and industry changes and has adapted well through innovative thinking, flexibility, and collaboration. Focus on B2B (collaborative business-to-business functionality), structured software implementation methodology SDLC, product lifecycle management, ERP, Supply Chain, and PMO.
- GIS Gentran Integration Suite/EDI Architect
- BPML Business Process Modeling Language/Workflow creation
- Business & System Analyst
- PMO - Project & Program Management (PMI methodology)
- EDI, QA & Performance Testing
- E-Commerce with EDI/XML/AS2
- Collaborative Customer Driven B2B Initiatives
- Global Data Synchronization / Global Registry / 1SYNC (UCCnet)
- Uniform Code Council (UCC) standards
- Balanced-Scorecard & Measurement Metrics
- Oracle ERP - Order Management
- Enterprise ERP (JD Edwards) systems design and architecture
- SDLC Systems Design & Life Cycle
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Staffing, Recruiting & Team Effectiveness
Remote Consulting/Support - EDI Mapping Developer
Conversion of EDI Transportation maps from eVision to Sterling Commerce Gentran Integration Suite Version 4.2 maps.
Performance Testing of GIS maps.
05/2002 2008 Confidential, Arden Hills, Minnesota
Sr. EDI Developer / Business & Systems Analyst / Project Manager
- Gathered, Analyzed and Documented Business Requirements.
- Collaborated closely with business representatives to ensure requirement completeness, understanding and gain consensus.
- Reviewed business analysis deliverables to insure adherence to internal best practices standards.
- Analysis skills to determine and understand the difference between functional and non-functional business and technical requirements.
- Utilized appropriate modeling techniques and existing templates for documentation.
- Created prototype User Interfaces.
- Coordinated EDI implementations and integration with business applications, set up new trading partners (customers, third party warehouses, suppliers & transportation carriers) and provided overall assistance related to EDI or Electronic Commerce Applications.
- Implemented machine-to-machine data synchronization with UCCnet (now 1SYNC) using UCCnet Edition within the Sterling Commerce Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) application. Experienced in migrating data and processes to the GS1 global registry, requirement gathering and gap analysis to allow for preparation between new systems and the existing back-end systems.
- Served as company technical representative at 1SYNC or UConnect meetings.
- Created Business Processes (via BPML –Business Process Modeling Language) for Global Data Synchronization to meet customer mandates via Gentran Integration Suite.
- Served as administrator for both Sterling Commerce GIS - Gentran Integration Suite and Gentran: Server for UNIX.
- Member of internal infrastructure group (DBA & UNIX administrators) to determine and implement an infrastructure for GIS - Gentran Integration Suite.
- Installed and implemented GIS - Gentran Integration Suite versions 3.1 and 4.1.
- Created a scalable and reusable EDI architecture plan with assistance from external consultants for GIS - Gentran Integration Suite version 4.1 and migrated an existing EDI implementation (Gentran: Sever for UNIX version 6.0) to GIS - Gentran Integration Suite version 4.1.
- Collaborated with external consultants to determine and implement best practice on maps, business processes and configuration settings.
- Provided GIS Gentran Integration Suite training to team members for AS2 (Application Statement 2) setups, creation of various EDI and other technical maps and business processes.
- Developed data maps using both Sterling Commerce AI (Application Integration) and Visual map editor.
- Created business processes in GIS Gentran Integration Suite via the native BPML process modeler to meet multiple business requirements and tuning of business processes and maps.
- Setup new trading partners on Application Statement 2 (AS2), coordinated and converted Trading partners from Value Added Networks (VANs) to direct connect AS2 resulting in financial savings for the company.
- Experienced using GIS (Gentran Integration Suite) including creating and maintaining business processes, mapping, XML and Web Services.
- Experienced using with EDI X12 and EDIFACT.
- Experienced working with trading partners and VANs (Value Added Network).
- Experienced and knowledge of data communication protocols and encryption including FTP(s), EDI-INT, AS2.
- Experienced using UNIX including shell scripting.
- Provided production support and maintenance for existing package applications and other information system software solutions.
- Experienced in performing business analysis and programming expertise in analysis, design, testing and development of business applications involving:
- Formulation and definition of application scope and objectives; creation and modification of processes and procedures to solve business problems.
- Preparation of detailed specifications from which programs are designed, written/coded, tested & debugged, and documented.
- Investigation of information technology capabilities and fit to business needs.
- Experienced in ad-hoc problem solving and providing informal guidance to information systems users.
- Fostered and maintained good relationships with customers (internal & external business and IT) which helped to define and meet expected customer service level agreements (SLA).
- Led several projects. Responsibilities included definition of project charters, work plans, status reports, work estimation, WBS work breakdown structure, review of project deliverables, documentation and coordination of issue resolution, definition of scope changes, resource planning, implementation and deployment of products with multiple systems for a large distributed network. Training and knowledge transfer of new application to team leads and super users.
- Created and executed a communication strategy that ensures team members, users and stakeholders had access to project information and status.
- Developed deliverables related to project initiation, including feasibility studies, risk assessment, and staffing plans.
- Developed project plans incorporating key project phases and dates, milestones, resource assignments, and dependencies using Microsoft Project (project management tool).
- Provided work direction and feedback to project members, assisted in issue resolution, and provided guidance on administrative and technical issues that may impact project completion.
- Defined measures for project success and providing mechanisms for tracking and reporting status.
- Coordinated and adjusted resources as needed to ensure project commitments were met.
- Provided leadership for projects and regularly coached other project personnel to practice current architectural standards, established methodologies and practices.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting the status of project efforts to both IT and Business Management, anticipated/identified issues that may inhibit the attainment of project goals and implemented corrective action.
1/02 5/02 Confidential, Minnesota
Information Technical Advanced Level
- Worked with the software development group on projects that were incorporated into the software life cycle. Programming in JAVA, PERL and cgi.
- Led and instructed students during lab classes.
- Assisted students in algorithm development and the principles of computer programming using C and C++; graded papers/exams.
- Held office hours and answered course questions.
BS Computer Science and BA Biology
Certification: Sun Certified JAVA 2 (J2EE) Programmer, Series 6
Operating Systems: UNIX, MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
Languages: XML, XSLT, JAVA, C/C++, Cold Fusion, ASP, MS Visual Basic
Databases: Oracle, SQL, ODBC and JDBC
Software and Tools: Sterling Commerce Gentran Server, Sterling Commerce Gentran Integration Suite (GIS), ESS Order Management system, JD Edwards E1.