Extensive experience in software support as MVS/OS390/zOS Systems Software Programmer, across both large and small environments. A self - starter and quick learner, adept at software troubleshooting, system software installation and integration.
MVS, MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, OS/390 Internals, z/OS, USS, IMS/VS, UNIX, Linux, DFSMS, JES2 Internals, ISPF, JCL, RACF, SMP/E, TSO/E, ISPF/CLISTS, Assembler, CICS, REXX, VSAM, ICF & VSAM Catalogs, HCD, GRS, TMS, CA-1, 7 & 11, DFDSS, DFSORT, VTAM & NCP (SNA & SDLC),TCP/IP, FDR, etc. Unix SYSADMIN and multiple Linux Distro’s.
ConfidentialSenior MVS Systems Programmer
- Setup and Modification as backup to primary Hardware Systems Programmer, and assisted with CPU move to new site, including the mainframe hardware channel connections.
- Setup basic SYSPLEX, first a MONO-PLEX, then a multi-image Base SYSPLEX with all LPARs using GRS CTC connections.
- Created a separate Stand-Alone SYSPLEX for Y2K testing purposes onsite, saving thousands in travel and remote testing by doing it locally, and onsite at home location.
Confidential, Mettawa, Illinois
- Provided AFP Expertise with Printer Hardware/Software moves
- Provided Technical Support for Several Software Packages on numerous Z/OS LPARS
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Systems Software Programmer
- Evaluated, installed and implemented numerous 3rd-party products including: IINFOPRINT, AFP Forms design, USS configuration.
- Researched and installed IBM INFOPRINT using USS, installed ASG scheduler (ZEKE), Restart (ZEBB), Performance Workload Planner & Analyzer, and installed JOBSCAN and INFO/XE from Diversified Software, now ASG.
- Set-up hardware and supported 9074/9075 controllers and 3172/3174 Emulators.
- Completed feasibility studies, and made price comparisons.
- Installed and customized Elixir's DESIGNPRO Tools Professional Software for creating and moving AFP Forms
- Design and Modifications to PC platform speeding up processing and moving responsibilities and capabilities to end-users.
- Performed HCD tasks - Confidential Setup and Modification as backup to primary Hardware Systems Programmer, and assisted with CPU move to new site, including the mainframe hardware channel connections.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Senior MVS Systems Programmer
- Provided 24/7 support of operating system, installation and maintenance, software changes and operations for a $200M plus Property and Casualty Insurance Company employing over 2500 people.
- Installed OS/390 2.4 and 2.8 as well as UNIX System Services (USS).Researched and selected tape robotics hardware, chose IBM's 3494 VTS and MAGSTAR libraries.
- Redefined I/O Gen process Used HCD and performed numerous I/O gens accommodating system growth and updates.
- Created test LPAR for the OS390 project, another for Y2K testing, and numerous I/O gens.
- Provided back up support for ten CICS 4.1 regions. Also set up SYSPLEX logging for installation of CICS/TS 1.3 installation.
- Originated, designed and created onsite Y2K LPAR saving enormous off-site expenses.
- Initiated GRS project and insured a safe Multi-System operation.
- Defined the VTS and MAGSTAR libraries, setup SMS and added Snapshot ACL'S.
- Setup basic SYSPLEX, first a Mono-Plex, then a multi-image Base SYSPLEX with all LPARs using GRS CTC connections.
- Instrumental in two off-site disaster recovery tests.
- Installed and implemented numerous products, including a new release of SAMS/DISK and ALLOCATE, CA1, and several other OEM releases of products to become Y2K compliant.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Provided Level 3 MVS software support of Client/Server product, foran international client base.
- Designated MVS Consultant supporting internally developed product (USER-Access and USER-Access CAM), a Client/Server multiple-platform backup and restore product.
- Served as liaison between product developers and the software distributors.
- Worked with numerous UNIX systems, Sun/Solaris, HP UNIX, RS6000 and others.
- Provided Level 3 technical support to Software Engineers and sometimes directly to customers.
- Tested new releases and new products, debugged software, assisted in MVS installations, sometimes at customer sites.
- Documented all fixes, zaps, and required maintenance.
- Re-Wrote the MVS Memo to Users.
- Assisted in developing the installation CLIST.
- Taught MVS portion of the USER-Access classes.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Lead MVS Systems Programmer
- Managed all phases of MVS environment for the Twin Cities Transit Authority. Backed-up UNIX System Administration.
- MVS and JES2 Internals, moved MTC from MVS/SP to MVS/XA.
- Responsible for I/O and Full gens for MVS, performance and tuning, and capacity planning.
- Provided technical support for applications, computer operations, and other personnel (CICS and NCP).
- Coded and implemented one JES2 User Exit in assembler, as well as writing assembler programs to report on EXCP usage by job using SMF data.
- Learned UNIX and TCP/IP as mini-systems became part of our job. Backup for the UNIX Systems Administrator.
- Assisted in birth and growth of LAN environment.
- Initiated and coordinated an Executive Information System (EIS) using a UNIX-based system, the U6000/85.
MVS Systems Programmer
- Responsible for MVS system maintenance, tuning, I/O gens, JES2 and general operating systems support.
- Instrumental in conversion from MVS/370 to MVS/XA.
- Provided 24 hour, on-call support.
- Provided SMP4 installation and maintenance of systems software.
- Responsible for I/O configurations for shared DASD, shared spool in a three CPU environment.
- Exposure to VM operating system on the TEST system ( ) with PMA/MVS.
- Instrumental in the conversion from a VSAM to an ICF Master Catalog.
- Also installed numerous software products from IBM and other vendors, such as PSF, PMF, and a 3820 Laser Printer.