- Dynamic and globally experience Senior IT Professional leveraging over 9 + years’ in progressively responsible technical leadership positions and broad - scope experience in all areas of IT operations to deliver bottom-line improvements in diverse business settings.
- Understand and internalize knowledge of network systems infrastructure and policies and apply that knowledge to maintenance support and documentation activities. Extensive LAN, WAN, Hardware, Software experience.
- Experience with Windows/Linux OS maintenance and troubleshooting . Can easily troubleshoot, maintain and configure all complex networking related issues.
- Effectively demonstrate superb communication skills and the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical individuals in a team environment.
- Adept to mitigating operational vulnerabilities in global environments. Poised team-leader and analytical thinker who implements impactful and onboarding programs that elevate operational readiness across IT staff.
- Technical Support
- Active Directory
- Desktop Baseline Assessment Toolkit (DBAT)
- LANs & VLANs
- Server Configurations
- Computer networking
- Network Security
- Security+ Certified
- CA Service Desk Manager
- Windows 7
- Citrix 14
- Monitor all Windows updates and deploy all patches and upgrades as they arise.
- Review McAfee FTP site for updated data files and deploy as necessary.
- Employee conducts thorough fact gathering and research and provides accurate and responsive advice and service to customers and supervisor. Information provided in response to inquiries is consistently responsive, including identification of appropriate alternatives when available. Deficiencies in the quality and timeliness of the response are limited and minor and have no significant impact on the customer.
- Communicates with computer users locally and in the field to resolve computing problems. Receive, render service and deploy desktop system as quickly as possible.
- Provided courteous, timely support of National Service Desk requests. Close cases in a prompt and timely manner which also include follow-up. Ability to trouble-shoot and share with team members regarding its resolution is expected. Providing complete documentation of known issues.
- Sensitive and confidential matters are treated in a tactful manner and with appropriate urgency. Working relationships are effective and cooperative since the employee is capable of working well as in individual and within a team environment.
- Advises leadership of IT anomalies, and ensure ANRs and help desk tickets are created and Management is updated on progress up until resolution is achieved
- Ensure all action items are processed in a timely manner and target dates are met.
- Provide input to Budget, Acquisitions, Spend plan, and Supervisor for the acquisition of equipment and service to support the operations of the Office of Research and development.
- Responsible to researching and accessing new technology needs and requirements for upcoming hardware migrations.
- Responsible for tracking all inner office equipment moves via IBM Maximo Asset Management 188.8.131.52
- Participate in security risk assessments and audits of the IT infrastructure to ensure equipment and user practices are consistent with agency security policies.
- Make recommendations for improvements and implement corrective measures to ensure compliance with agency standards.
- Provide technical support including the some latest technologies, ie. Active Directory, Windows 7, Citrix 14, VPN, PIV, Lumension Endpoint Sec 4, Dameware 11, Symantec 8.x MP 16, NAC 4.9.5.x and Cisco AnyConnect 184.108.40.206.x.
- Provided advanced network troubleshooting support across all company routers, switches, firewalls, LAN/WAN, VPN concentrators, IPS/IDS, Wireless Networks, and other network-based security appliances/technologies.
- Followed IT policies and procedures related to data storage and account maintenance
- Understood the importance of overall accountability and provides reports, verbal and/or written updates as requested weekly, monthly, quarterly, to key IT management leaders.
- Maintained on-going and open line of communication with Office Director so that all parties are mutually informed of issues, changes, short and long-range plans is it relates to equipment and processes.
- Utilized technical knowledge to repair existing network topologies.
- Followed IT procedures and methods and ensures procedures are in compliance with codes, regulations and standards.
- Design and develop new information systems security programs, policies, and procedures.
- Displayed extensive knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft 2008/2012 OS Environments,
- Experience with enterprise desktop management tools such as Altiris, Zenworks, Scriptlogic.
- Accomplished experience with AutoCAD, Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Mac, iOS.
- Performed installations, change-outs of hardware/software and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, disk drives for users upon request or as needed.
- Troubleshoot Cisco routers and switches to maintain WAN and LAN connectivity.
- Maintained server, upgrade, secure, system backups and disaster recovery preparation.
- Installed software, maintain and introduce as needed.
- Adminstered user accounts, delete and add user profiles via active directory.
- Managed regional office infrastructure and related applications on a 24/7 basis including: Desktop and web collaboration tools, servers—virtual and physical, Networks—Cabling, switches, PBX VoIP system, video conferencing, printers and print servers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, recommend and apply technology solutions which meet the security control requirements specified by OMB Circular A-123, FISMA and NIST guidance.
- Managed entire purchase of inventory related to hardware, software and other IT supplies.
- Provided technical assistance to global operations including VDI requirements, testing, and rollout to production.
Jr Network Engineer/Helpdesk Technician
- Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of network servers, operating system software, hubs, routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment.
- Analyzed and resolved end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user where required.
- Administered and maintained end user accounts, permissions, and access rights via Active Directory and creating LDAP group via Active Directory based Group Policy.
- Monitored network traffic using Wireshark to ensure optimum network performance.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Displayed technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including hardware RAID, Active Directory, TCP/IP.
- Interacted and negotiated with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conducted research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network development efforts.
- Assisted with migration and deployment from Windows XP to Windows 7 OS.
- Managed security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintained documentation regarding network configurations, circuit information, procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and changes.
- Implemented and administered Microsoft Windows Network (Active Directory, TCP/IP, printing, name resolution) through a strong knowledge of ADFS 2.0, Group Policy design, DNS, PKI, and a proven background in Active Directory administration and a solid understanding of IP Networking (subnet masks, routing, VLANs, WLAN).
- Managed Windows Server 2008 R2 and managing Linux servers through Red Hat Enterprise.
- Implemented and configured remote access solutions (Juniper SSL VPN, Citrix).
- Followed client processes for Change Management (Ionix), Incident Management (Ionix), Problem Management (Ionix), and Configuration Management (Ionix + Command).
- Performed network upgrades on scheduled maintenance weekends .
- Worked directly with Windows and Linux OS installations for physical HP rack mount and blade servers and virtual servers using VMware VSphere console according to client procedures.
- Made recommendations related to network and security architecture, evaluation of hardware and software products and problem resolution.
- Ensured and tested network connectivity of all network signage computers and host servers.
- Performed technical research for best approaches for project deployment and completion.
- Assessed networks/network paths, plus networking protocols (BGP, OSPF) and network hardware (wireless access points, switches, routers).
- Ensured network connectivity (wired & wireless) for devices and perform troubleshooting steps to resolve issues.
- Utilized network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NetFlow and StealthWatch.
- Fixed hardware issues as instructed for all kinds of data center equipment (e.g. server disk replacement, SAN disk replacement, power supply replacements, etc) and RMA with vendors.
- Monitored ans assessed network security and vulnerabilities using Open Source Nmap.
- Allocated and maintained IP records.
- Installed applications and software using SCCM.
- Assisted team in troubleshooting, networking, installation issues.
- Coordinated server cabling and configuration for install.
- Experience configuring CiscoASA Firewall.
- Installed router and switches
- Evaluated all ports used and in compliance with company policy and industry best practices.
IT T echnician/Helpdesk Support
- Assisted in the analysis and resolve basic program support deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance.
- Provided maintenance, installation and troubleshooting for Windows and Linux based systems.
- Pre-installation of software and client specific configuration for Windows Server R2.
- Increase reliability, enhance performance, and reduce administrative efforts.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, TCP /IP and DNS, Microsoft Windows 2007, 2010 and Windows 7.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Analyze and recover system when malfunction occurs.
- Documented systems, including processes & procedures, configuration, serial numbers, and software versions
- Extensive knowledge in HSI and FTTP (fiber to the premises) and FIOS technology.
- Working knowledge of co-locations and inter office facilities.
- Performed vulnerability assessments utilizing tools such as Nessus
- Facilitate the movement and relocation of routers, circuits, and Ethernet segments/switches.
- Performs back-up, recovery using Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and systems monitoring.
- Installed, upgraded and administered LAN.
- Performed backup utility, network printer/account, e-mail and spam filtering administration on desktop, laptop computers and mobile devices.
- Assisted and trained staff in the use of technology equipment.
- Installed and updated computer software, drivers, firmware, and desktop images with office computer and mobile technology.
- Provide on-site response to service calls for on premise isues (software, hardware, network connectivity, office phones)