- Telecommunications professional with thirteen years experience in the installation, operation, and maintenance of local area and telecommunications networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecommunication protocols
- Designed and installed LAN’s / WAN’s of various configurations and topologies
- Seasoned team leader, supervisor, and mentor
- Consistent, proven problem - solver with a solid work ethic
Network Field Administrator
- Installed Meraki wireless access points in various assisted living communities
- Administered and configured Meraki based networks via Meraki dashboard
- Administered Cisco routers and switches, including 2960 and 1941 models
- Installed Meraki switches as part of new network buildout, including MS225 and MS250 switches
- Installed MX80 security appliance as part of new network build
- Configured various network Meraki switch ports, VLANs, and Layer3 information
- Participated in Fortigate firewall installation and validation testing
- Monitored networks via Solarwinds and reported outages for resolution
- Performed troubleshooting of user laptop and desktop computers
- Troubleshooting of user phones and phone ports
- Patched patch panel ports to network switches as needed
- Planned wireless access point installations using site floor plans to ensure site-wide wireless coverage
- Coordinated the installation of new network cable and phone lines with outside vendors
- Configured and installed Cisco 2504 wireless controllers
- Managed Cisco wireless controller licenses, obtained and installed new licenses as required
- Upgraded Cisco wireless controller firmware
- Opened Cisco and Meraki technical support cases to resolve higher level problems
- Creation of network rack equipment site diagrams using Visio
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
- Performed Microsoft Outlook mailbox migration moves from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013
- Migrated Microsoft mailboxes from Exchange on premise environment to O365
- Utilized Sharepoint One point ticketing system to track and resolve trouble-tickets
- Remote troubleshooting of Outlook 2016 for 2000+ user userbase to restore functionality as required
- Coordinated with members of network team to verify network connectivity
- Served as Tier 3 support to resolve escalated trouble ticket issues
- Conducted data conversion project, converting data from .nsf format to .pst format and importation into user’s Outlook
Confidential, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Troubleshooting of Cisco business class wireless router and affiliated devices connecting to wireless network.
- Assisted guest users in connecting to wireless network.
- Diagnosed and solved work stoppages resulting from mismanaged software licenses.
- Improved company IT security posture via creation of wireless network password and router configuration changes.
- Installation of business essential software on newly purchased computers, AutoCAD, Revit, 3dsMax, V-ray.
- Conducted ongoing backups of business data from outdated NAS storage to online Amazon Cloud storage for disaster preparedness.
- Performed anti-malware scans on user computer and business servers on scheduled and as needed basis.
- Daily troubleshooting of end user problems via phone and email as they arise.
- Microsoft patches pushed as needed using remote monitoring software (Kaseya).
- Creation of employee login accounts in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Assisted business employees with Outlook 2010 issues, repaired and compacted pst’s, disabling of unnecessary add-in’s to improve email client performance.
- Manages all enterprise hardware, orders new hardware and repairs existing as required.
- Administers 8x8 phone system, moves/adds/changes for users as needed.
- Lead Microsoft Office 365 migration planner for over thirty business seats
NetOps Mid Lead
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Call Manager
- Performing Confidential Desktop computer technical refresh, upgrading user workstations to increase performance and speed, recovery of replaced hard-drives and memory.
- Troubleshooting of user network issues Confidential user location, testing fiber and Cat 5 cable, installation of new user connectivity drops as required.
- Tracing network infrastructure cabling from customer desktop to wall port and from wall port to network device, such as a Cisco switch.
- Monitoring Remedy ticketing system and remediation of customer faults detailed in tickets, tasks, and work orders in the ticketing system.
- Configuring Cisco switch ports for customer asset network access.
- Re-imaging customer laptop and desktop computers, installation of organization approved operating system to resolve technical problems.
- Configuration of DHCP server following organization standards and practices, assigning IP address' to user machines in appropriate VLAN and troubleshooting DHCP server and client issues as needed.
- Worked as member of team in cloning approx. 50 customer computer hard drives as part of legacy to MCEN-N network migration.
- Configuration of Cisco switch for Confidential APAN exercise Confidential, resulting in multiple groups of users successfully utilizing required network resources.
- Create client MAC address reservations in DHCP server for network connectivity.
- Unlocking and performing password re-sets for user accounts in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Installation of new software and upgrading currently installed software on user machines.
- Assisting with customer office moves, moving equipment from current space and installing desktop or laptop in desired location; verify equipment operation and network connection.
- Manufacture of Cat 5 network cables for user computer network access.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer hardware and software faults, engage necessary entities as required in pursuit of satisfactory resolution (may consist of troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook or other user applications, or network cabling and switch configuration issues - relating to both Desktop Support team and Network Infrastructure team).
- Monitor and troubleshoot enterprise size switching and routing production environment.
- Modify and update access control lists on network routers in accordance with DOD standards.
- Configure SNMPv3 on devices and Solarwinds network monitoring software to improve security of network.
- Create Micorsoft Visio diagrams depicting network topology.
- Set-up and configure switch ports for new users and troubleshoot port security issues on Cisco switches.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Cisco tunneling mechanisms across multiple sites on Cisco routers.
- Respond to customer trouble calls and visit customer sites to resolve when required.
- Assist in the implementation of new customer requirments and technologies in a DOD Confidential environment.
- Upgrade Cisco IOS software on layer two and layer three switches.
- Coordinate customer service issue remediation with Tier I helpdesk and troubleshoot as required.
- Responsibilities include: Administration of 3 different networks, troubleshooting MPLS, EIGRP, Confidential KG 175-D encryptors, Cisco LAN and WAN equipment, Etherchannel, HSRP, VTP, GRE Tunneling, Spanning Tree configurations, DHCP troubleshooting, installation of site switching and cabling equipment, monitoring with SolarWinds, network documentation using Visio, backup configurations and disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintained network security through configuration of MAC based Cisco switch port security on layer two and three switches.
- Document and resolve network problems via Remedy IT Service Management System.
- Monitored network connectivity and availability information via SolarWinds.
- Executed network equipment IOS upgrades using TFTP server software for Cisco switches.
- Utilized DHCP to track and manage end device computers for Windows OS upgrades.
- Respond to trouble calls/tickets both in person and remotely using the SecureCRT application.
- Provide Tier 2 level support for a 24x7 Network Operations Center in support of government and military operations.
- Configured/installed Cisco switches in accordance with customer needs and followed up after installation to ensure customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Provide Tier II support to help desk personnel.
- Supervised the administration, troubleshooting, and optimization of information technology hardware, software providing local area network (LAN) support.
- Troubleshooting of EIGRP links to resolve key authentication issues between multiple locations and restore connectivity.
Senior Network Engineer
- Creates complex Cisco and Brocade network switching configuration scripts for implementation in a live enterprise network utilizing approved government best practices.
- Reviews network Visio diagram documentation for accuracy and coordinates with customer to update diagrams when required, compares live network equipment to diagram for correctness.
- Updates network IP address tracking databases providing accurate overview of IP address availability for government and customer needs, ensures databases reflect currently deployed assets and changes as needed.
- Researches technology and provides input to senior staff in developing customer business solutions, escalates potential technological conflicts for resolution.
- Interprets higher organization telecommunications circuit data to revise Confidential network records for documentation and implementation purposes.
- Provides advanced technical expertise for LAN/BAN/WAN network performance and configuration, makes recommendations as network impediments arise.
Data Comm Engineer
- Network and transport operations support for the Confidential PAC NOC.
- Provide analytical support and network management while controlling secure and unclassified router networks, an asynchronous transport mode (ATM) network, an IDNX/Promina intelligent multiplexer network, and the Defense Messaging System supporting the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN).
- Served as technical specialist responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service of any of the any network components, including data /voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media.
- Conducted proactive monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure. Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous basis. Perform fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Interface with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations. Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management. Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority. Coordinate with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management and provides functional guidance, technical support, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Configured four 148 port Cisco 6506 layer three switches as part of major C2 network upgrade in support of Naval Defense Messaging Services resulting in a successful transition to new network architecture.
- Configured and managed four forty-eight port Cisco 4948 switches as part of same C2 upgrade; including VLANs for secure/performance enhancing separation of network subnet traffic.
- Configured and managed five Cisco 2960 switches.
- Configured and managed one Cisco 2811 for remote customer dial-in capabilities.
- Implemented security policies on four NS500 Juniper Netscreen's including the management and design of three site to site IPsec VPN's.
- Planned, configured, and implemented remote console capabilities through secure means enabling more efficient network management, thereby increasing network availability and overall up-time.
- Supervised a seven person team deployed worldwide to provide uninterrupted communications in support of over 300 customers which resulted in a 98% network availability rate.
- Operated and implemented multiple Cisco systems; specializing in Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Call Manager, and Cisco VOIP telephony while deployed in a challenging desert environment.
- Supervised accountability of organizational property valued in excess of $2,000,000 which resulted in a 0% equipment loss rate.
- Installed and maintained multiple Cisco routers and switches providing data connectivity over a widely geographically dispersed area of customers.
- Certified as information assurance manager while operating KIV-7, KIV19, and Confidential communication security devices, which greatly increased organizational ability to safeguard valuable physical and data assets through execution of proper security procedures.
- Conducted multiple organizational equipment inventories while maintaining 100% accountability of vital strategic assets that were key to meeting company goals.
- Participated in the fielding of the Army’s newest IP based communication system, Joint Network Node (JNN), and was selected to be the senior supervisor of JNN team over several peers due to superior technical knowledge and leadership ability.
- Organized, presented, and conducted intensive technical training which brought entire seven member team into 100% compliance with stringent Army standard regulations.