- Experienced control systems Engineer with extensive liquid petroleum pipeline background in design,, and implementation.
- Proven success teaming with software vendors designing and implementing software systems to achieve stable, reliable control systems.
- Project management experience
- Pipeline Operations Background
- Schneider 7.4 / 7.5 / 7.6 OASyS System
- Controller program development and implementation
- SCADA system design and implementation
- Published author of control system design philosophy.
- Regression Analysis
- Leak detection methodologies
- Pipeline Integrity Management
- TCP/IP Communications
- Database configuration and administration
- Schneider SCADA systems
- Responsible for assisting on the SCADA upgrade project from Schneider 7.4 system to Schneider 7.6 system.
- Daily work involves comparing the old database to the new database, identifying discrepancies and updating the new database to reflect the configuration of the old system.
SCADA Leak Detection Engineer
- Responsible for tuning the configuration of the Pressure Monitoring Application on the Telvent 7.4 SCADA system.
- Responsible for performing display changes in autocad when directed.
- Assisted in the conversion of displays to the new Schneider 7.5 system by configuring composites on the overview and one line displays.
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of the Telvent 6.3 SCADA system.
- Responsible for performing the daily check of the system servers ensuring they were operating at peak efficiency. Identified and corrected issues when found.
- Assisted in the Controller program by conducting a session on the system architecture
- Key Responsibilities include
- Support of existing and new systems and - related applications
- Provide 24/7 callout support
- Specifies, designs, tests, integrates and documents software changes for systems and applications
- Maintain metrics, performs system administration tasks, monitors system and network performance, tunes and maintains applications
- Integrate and tests vendor software changes and releases onto the system
- Provide problem solving, continuous improvement and standardization efforts for related work processes
- Support all phases of installation, testing and commissioning activities for remote field projects that affect the SCADA system
Confidential, Linden, NJ
- Established procedures for project implementation designed to improve communication between departments resulting in successful project implementation.
- Developed and mentored new engineers in pipeline operation and control resulting in better designed implementations.
- Represented Field Operations on the Manual Review Committee responsible for approving updates to the Emergency, Maintenance, and Operating manuals providing experience and expertise ensuring policies and procedures were safety oriented.
- Developed query tools to access SCADA liquid measurement data identifying locations with deficient measurement reliability.
- Utilized SCADA DNA system as a power user to monitor operations identifying opportunities for improvement resulting in improved safety and reduced operating costs.
- Provided regular Operations Controller and mentoring ensuring the pipeline controllers were confident in their ability to recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions.
- Reacted quickly during a power outage emergency obtaining portable generators and temporary power feeds resulting in the 500,000 bpd facility only being out of service for 24 hours.
SCADA Supervisor / Manager
- Created and implemented an annual Confidential class for the pipeline controllers resulting in better trained and knowledgeable controllers.
- Learned all aspects of the Valmet SCADA system including architecture, database, display development and reporting resulting in improved vendor project implementation and a highly stable control system.
- Integrated three antiquated pipeline control systems into the central SCADA system (roughly 50 sites) improving control, reducing maintenance costs and improving system reliability.
- Implemented a redundant control system to serve as a backup control system including engineering controls to ensure the systems are in synch and regularly tested improving system reliability.
- Developed and implemented process implementation procedures (MOC) for the team to provide reliable system configurations / modifications while ensuring that the Operations group was aware of the changes before installation resulting in fewer miscommunication situations.
- Designed and implemented the automation philosophy utilizing a combination of SCADA and PLC functions to enable a Controller to remotely control terminal swings resulting in the ability to not attend batch changes at delivery terminals resulting in lower manpower costs.
- Integrated a new liquid Leak Detection system into the SCADA system and designed a unique display that enabled a Controller to know which pipelines had activity on them and whether that activity was normal or not enabling the Controllers to operate multiple pipelines in a safe and efficient manner.
- Managed the transition through the year 2000 without event.
- Developed Documentation Standards to ensure that naming conventions were followed, alarm severity was standardized and display development resulting in a user friendly system that was consistent across areas.
- Designed and implemented the Port Everglades Power System and Control Upgrade replacing the relay control logic with a modern PLC (Struthers Dunn brand) improving control system reliability.
- Designed and implemented several Measurement Improvement (installation) projects at terminals - Installation of Turbine meters and Prover systems resulting in improved liquid measurement to support the leak detection application..
- Designed and implemented a power and control system upgrade at Toledo converting the pump station logic from relay to Confidential .
- Designed and implemented a MMI for the operators using the Interact software including an hourly report written to capture operating data.
- Conducted a Leak Detection Study of the capabilities of the system installed on Long Island identifying the need to replace the system due to its deficiencies.
- Defined the application design document for purchase of a new Leak Detection software system detailing the requirements for leak detection, batch tracking and hydraulic gradient calculations.