I am a Network Security Specialist with over 8 years experience, Managing Firewall Deployment, Troubleshooting, Rule Implementation, Policy push and performing Network (Security). Conducted Cyber security Assessment to determine level of vulnerability and advice on the prevention and mitigating measure. Specialize in network monitoring security software installation and working to prevent cyber threat and attacks especially in business, public and corporate settings. Partnered with IT executive and organization leadership on strategic security initiatives and development of several programs including information security, compliance, incident response, risk Management, and Training and Awareness.
- Manage Firewall deployment, rule implementation and policy
- Checkpoint cluster implementation and configuration including R77 cluster XL and previous version of checkpoint firewall OS.
- Panorama and Checkpoint Management server HA for fail - over for network management reliability
- Checkpoint Firewall Deployment, Upgrade, Backup, Troubleshooting, Rule Implementation and Monitoring.
- Palo Alto HA implementation and configuration PA-500,PA-3020,PA-5050,PA-5020 and previous version of Palo Alto firewall OS
- Firewall traffic tracking using tcpdump and fw monitor for packet capture and packet analysis
- Firewall Upgrades, Site-to-Site VPN Implementation, Cluster Implementation and resolving software and end user issue
- Routing OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PBR, IS-IS, Redistribution, Summarization
- Experience in network intrusion detection/intrusion prevention systems and firewalls
- Well experienced in configuration of Cisco routers and switches for packet routing and switching
- Adept at preparing detailed Risk and vulnerability report
- Microsoft Office - Word, MS Project, Excel. Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visual basic, SharePoint and Lync.
Confidential, Chattanooga TN
Network Security Engineer
- Manage Checkpoint Gaia R77.3 Firewalls, and encryption technologies, including VPN, TLS, and SSH/TLS
- Manage Checkpoint Firewalls including SPLAT R75.20 and Gaia R77 series
- Maintain High Availability and clustered firewall environments for customers using Check Point High Availability.
- Perform Level 3-4 security implementations, vulnerability assessments and intrusion detection.
- Configure and administer security rules and policies to permit and/or deny user traffics based on company security policy
- Implement network security for remote access, configuring site to site and clients to site VPN tunnels.
- Monitor Checkpoint VPN tunnel activities with Smart View Monitor and troubleshoot VPN issues with CLI
- Configure URL filtering to enable and/or disable user traffic access to unauthorized web sites
- Troubleshoot and monitor Checkpoint Firewall traffic issues using SmartView Tracker, SmartLog and SmartView Monitor as well as CLI commands
- Create and maintain Antivirus and Firewall policies to meet special needs for field laptops, standard desktops, laptops and server
- Conducted security policy/rule review to identify and remove rules that are not needed to reduce checkpoint firewall policy lookup.
- Worked with Management to update security manuals and address current concerns
- Updated security software on a regular basis to prevent security threat
- Analyzed Logs and make necessary network reports using Smart Reporter console application.
- Analyzed captured traffics using Wireshark during troubleshooting
- Maintain Clear communication with vendors and service providers to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities efficiently and effectively, with minimal downtime.
Network Security Analyst
- Installed, configured and maintained Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls
- Implemented Security Rules and Zone Based Firewalling on Palo Alto Firewall Appliance
- Identify and Remove Security policies that are not needed to reduce Palo Alto and checkpoint firewall policy
- I configured routing in checkpoint G aia and Palo Alto firewalls
- Implemented IPS, DLP and UTM features on the firewall for added security purposes
- Maintain the security standards across all security devices as per agency security policies.
- Configured, troubleshoot, and upgraded Checkpoint Firewalls for Manage clients, which included network and/or resource access, software, or hardware problems
- Configure Virtual router, zones, Static routing, OSPF in Palo Alto firewall
- Configuration of SSL Decryption, Global protection on Palo Alto Firewall.
- Configuring rules and maintaining Palo Alto firewalls & analysis of firewall logs using various tools
- Installation of license and SSL Certificate on Palo Alto firewall.
- Troubleshot and maintained all networking devices and infrastructure across the enterprise including switches, routers and firewalls.
- Created detailed upgrade plan and step by step implementation documentation and comprehensive test plan
- Analyzed firewall rules to identify rules that can be removed and work with the appropriate teams to get those rules removed.
- Created network vulnerability assessment report of about twenty 20 systems and applications to identify all vulnerability severity that pose threat to the system/application. Compiled results and presented to upper management to show high level pictorial and statistical view of system issues
- Respond to security request tickets, including software vulnerability evaluation, website blockage, and firewall rule set questions
- Ensured that users comply with usage standards and act as a first point of contact for HIPAA compliance/requirements issue to prevent non-compliance of the regulation
Confidential, Northbrook Illinois
Information Security Analyst
- Configure IP-SEC VPN for user traffics that needs to be encrypted using Fortinet Fortigate and Checkpoint firewalls
- Work with Fortinet Fortigate NGFW appliances 1500D and 1200D
- Configured Checkpoint and Fortigate VPN to tunnel encrypted data over the public network
- Designed and implemented network infrastructures to best fit customer security requirements, budget and timeline
- Maintained, upgrade, and supported existing systems and infrastructure to ensured operational stability while acted as a vendor liaison, owned resourcing, issue management, and documentation.
- Provided network and firewall support to various internal groups for upgrades, migrations and installations of various applications
- Reviewed and modified access control lists (ACLs) on network switching and routing equipment as needed to maintain security standards
- Primary administrator for firewalls, DNS, Email gateway, FTP, VPN, and other internet services.
- Troubleshot firewall related incident tickets for multiple customers.
- Diagnosed and corrected network problems.
- Scanned network, server, web application for vulnerabilities with Tenable Nessus tools.
- Monitored system and network activity for attack and intrusion
- Resolved critical system and network issues on a 24/7 basis including complete network outages effecting all Organization network system
- Deployed, managed and maintained all security systems including antivirus software, security event monitoring, and intrusion prevention