- A career at the leading edge of information technology using established skills in management, design, implementation and systematic problem solving of systems.
- Expert in NetApp unified storage technologies.
- Proficient with CIFS, iSCSI and FCP protocols.
- Proficient with all of Netapp’s Snap products.
- Expert with both 7 - Mode and Clustered Ontap versions of Netapp’s Data Ontap.
- 18-years experience in Microsoft (MS) Windows 2008/2003/2000/ NT/9x system administration.
- Powerful communications and customer service skills, with the ability to handle high-pressure situations in a professional and effective manner while using strong computer skills in daily activities.
- Proven ability to manage with consistent results. Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to lead projects and get results. Dedicated and committed, willing to take on challenging roles, tough assignments and work to tight deadlines.
Proficient in the following software: MS Windows 2008 Server/2003 Server/2000 Server, MS Windows NT 4.0 Server, MS Windows NT/9x and XP operating systems, VMware, WSUS, Microsoft Cluster, Win2k Active Directory, Symantec Cluster Manager, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec, MS Sharepoint, Cisco IPTV, SQL, HBSS/E-Policy Orchestrator, Altiris, Bindview RMS, Storage Central 5.0 & 5.2, Exchange 2010, 2003, 5.5 and 5.0, MS Office 2010, 2007 and 2003, MS MOM, MS SCOM, MailMarshal, Cisco IronPort, Cisco Works, Cisco Meeting Place, Visio.
Proficient in: SAN management to include HP EVA, EMC Clarion and NetApp. Also possess knowledge in DataDomain for backup strategies.
Possess knowledge in: Powershell, Brocade Fiber Switch, Cisco UCS, KVS Auto Archive, BlackBerry Wireless, Unix, Novell, VTC, HP Openview, Solarwinds, BMC Patrol, IDNX 20, Promina 400, Microwave RF and the REDCOM IGC-100 phone switch.
- Responsible for supporting Confidential as an onsite NetApp storage engineer.
- Responsibilities include engineering, complex problem solving and bringing new and innovated solutions into the environment.
- As the onsite NetApp engineer, duties include daily maintenance of the entire North American NetApp infrastructure.
- This includes over 40 sites across North America that totals 12PB of data being stored. I am also responsible for engineering/maintaining disaster recovery solutions leveraging NetApp’s Snapmirror technology.
- The environments consist of CIFS, iSCSI, NFS and FCP protocols which includes home drive/group shares for employees and also houses over thousands VMs to support the infrastructure. NetApps platforms include a wide range of FAS systems from 2000 series controllers to 8000 series controller with a wide variety of disk shelves that house SATA, SAS, SSD and more types of disks.
- Responsible for engineering and implementing Data Ontap transition from 7-Mode to Clustered Ontap on entire North American infrastructure.
- Assisted acquisitions of major competitors and was responsible to transfer data from their environments into current infrastructures which included multiple petabytes of data.
- Installed and/or upgraded over 60 HA pair controllers over the course of my tenure with no data loss or major outages.
- Responsible for supporting Team TACLAN as the onsite storage engineer.
- Responsibilities include engineering, help desk, field work and training on anything regarding NetApp equipment.
- As the onsite storage engineer, duties include scripting out configuration of FAS2040, scripting out disaster recovery solutions, updating, testing and validating OS and software upgrades while constantly monitoring the configuration, looking for improvements to ensure optimum performance from the NetApp equipment.
- Work closely with field techs to expeditiously solve complex problems regarding NetApp equipment in the field. Write and provide vast documentation to engineers and field techs to include writing quick reference guides to ensure the help desk has the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively do their jobs.
- Provide training on NetApp equipment whenever possible. Test and validate any new software or hardware from NetApp to ensure Team TACLAN is always on the leading edge of technology.
- Revised Team TACLAN installation manual to ensure NetApp FAS2040 was being configured properly for optimum performance.
- Assisted engineers with changing scripted configuration of FAS2040 from NetApp API ontapi.exe to NetApp Powershell Tookit to provide a cleaner scripted installation as well as disaster recovery procedures.
- Solely responsible for NetApp OS (Data Ontap) upgrade from 7.3.x to 8.1 as well as all NetApp administrative software loaded on systems to properly administer NetApp equipment.
- Responsible for loading, installing and maintaining Windows 2008/2003 servers, on multiple hardware platforms to include virtual servers using VMware. Administer and install multiple types of server applications to include but not limited to: Domain Controllers, Exchange 2003 / 2010, SQL, Clustered File, HBSS, Terminal Server Farm, MS SCOM, WSUS, Print and Monitoring servers. Have a working knowledge of Active Directory Services, Microsoft Cluster Services and Group Policies.
- Directly responsible for the effective and efficient operation of servers and ensure that they are properly configured and maintained to include all patches and software updates. Responsible for pushing out baseline workstation images over multiple networks via Altiris Deployment Console for workstations around the world. Maintain domain user accounts in MS 2003 and MS 2008 domains to include creation, modification and deletion of such accounts. Perform system recovery and solve complex systems issues.
- Deployed NETAPP FAS3140s and FAS2020s and implemented SnapMirror process to maintain data across the globe to multiple sites to enhance the war fighting effort.
- Solely maintained 60+TB worth of Top Secret intelligence data. Upgraded DELL SAN from 30TB to 60TB.
- Maintained the health of the data and performed daily backups on data.
- Built, maintained and troubleshot servers on TS/SCI network to include exchange cluster, file cluster, domain controllers, sharepoint portal, NetBackup, SQL, IPTV/EZTV, EPO, Altiris, Terminal Servers and print servers.
- Responsibility is to assistance with day-to-day operations of the server team, schedule team tasks, able to manage the team in the absence of the branch chief.
- Responsible to the clients for adjusting, monitoring, troubleshooting and overall efficient operation of four network systems to include system software and applications.
- Provides technical expertise for all network users and ensures that personal computers and servers are functioning properly.
- Perform backups of the database and operating system, monitor system usage, resolve problems, and perform application and/or system upgrades.
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation; application of computer software for automating highly diverse agency/organization activities; the principles of data communications, telecommunications, computer operating systems, local area network concepts and fundamentals.
- Played key role in the upgrade/consolidation of NT4.0 network to Windows 2000/Active Directory on Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) network and Top Secret Network.
- Primary Domain Administrator for the SBU network and solely responsible for all servers supporting over 10,000 users, to include clusters, exchange servers, print servers and file servers residing on the SBU domain.
- Primary Administrator for the Veritas Exchange and File Clusters residing on the Top Secret and Unclassified networks
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided the resolution of IT problems by the proper collection of information, troubleshooting, routing, and escalation of trouble tickets.
- Accomplished fully detailed service reqeusts while performing initial triage on the reported problems.
- Resolved and escalated issues as appropriate.
- Created solutions for reported problems and procedures and added into the Help Desk knowledgebase.
- Identified any solutions to be created by other support offices and presented to the Technical Officer for creation.
- Tested and evaluated new software/network products destined to be installed on Confidential LAN.
- Supported over 10,000 local and remote users by providing technical support in multiple software platforms and over 100 network applications.
- Created, maintained and troubleshot Confidential Intranet Splash Page.
- Fielded over 20,000 trouble calls with an 88% successful solution percentage.
- Key technician in deploying high-scaled communications package supporting contingency and humanitarian operations for Special Operations personnel in Europe and Africa.
- Responsible for engineering Non-secured Internet Protocol Routing Networks (NIPRNet) and Secure Internet Protocol Routing Networks (SIPRNet) to include IP Subnetting through means of VLSM, IDNX/Promina, router and switch programming, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Engineered methods of remoting data services to other locations via microwaves, PairGains and wire and KIV-7 cryptographic equipment.
- Maintained Sidewinder Firewall, Proxy, Exchange, File and DHCP servers, with the ability to support over 4,000 user workstations, while providing 24 hour on-call technical support.
- Facilitated installation and administration of a communications package valued at over $4 million that combined 50 software programs into a common operating platform supporting several organizations.
- Engineered, installed and maintained deployable 64k dial-in ISDN high-speed secure data terminal.