- Analytical and astute Telecom RF Systems Engineer/Project Manager with 15 years career experience.
- Highly adept and knowledgeable in systems integration, managed network services, data network technology.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic.
- Project Management Budget and Cost Control
- Project Management Process Improvement
- Resource Management
- Project Planning
- Program Management
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Project Systems Engineering
- Land Mobile Radio TETRA & P25 RF Systems Engineering (Pre - sale & Post-sale)
- Microwave Point to Point and Point to Multipoint RF Project Engineering
- Distributed Antenna Systems In-Building RF Systems Engineering
- Smart-grid AMI Utilities RF Wireless Field Engineering
- Cellular GSM 2G & 2.5G RAN Sales Engineering
- Managing Projects, Contract Management Principles and Practices, Project Leadership, Management and Communications, Project Management Applications, Quality for Project Managers, Risk Management
- Received a solid grounding in software engineering that is concerned with the application of quality systems to the design and development of software and developed a deeper knowledge and understanding of multimedia technology, multimedia applications, distributed systems, interactive systems and object-oriented methods.
- Computer hardware, media formats, media integration, multimedia networks, multimedia design method, interactive systems design human-computer interaction, multimedia authoring and Java programming. In addition, professional practical skills were gained using industry standard tools and methods to develop both CD-ROM and web-based multimedia applications.
- Communication systems, such as mobile phone systems, the Internet, interactive TV.
- Design of electronic systems using microwave and optical fiber links.
- How different types of data (e.g. speech, video, etc.) can be encoded for transmission and storage in communication systems.
- How project management and systems engineering techniques can be applied to development of communication systems.
- Design of computer networks and development of software that runs on networks.
- MICROSOFT Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Project, Outlook and Frontpage.
- MACROMEDIA Dreamweaver, Authorware, Director, Flash and Fireworks.
- C++, Assembly, Java Script and HTML.
- UNIX, Windows 2005/Vista and IBM OS/2
- EDX SIGNAL Pro
- Confidential Entreprise Planner (Wireless Valley)
- PATHLOSS 4.0
- Dimetra System Design Workshop (40h)
- Presentation Skills (16h)
- Data Networking (24h)
- Local & Wide Area Network Operations (32h)
- Impact 1.0/2.0 Console System Design Tool (32h)
- Dimetra Sales Academy (16h)
- Graduate Module 1,2 and 3 (2 weeks)
- Health & Safety Induction (3h)
- GSM Introduction (40h)
- GPRS Introduction (16h)
- Siemens Radio Subsystem Overview (40h)
- Siemens Radio Subsystem Operation, Administration & Maintenance (40h)
- Radio Commander Operation (40h)
Confidential, Woodside, New York & San Francisco, CA
Lead RF Systems Communications Engineer
- Design, develop and deploy wireless and wired communications system for Confidential Metro North and Long Island Rail Road, including Land Mobile Radio (LMR), cellular, IEEE 802.11, Ethernet, fiber, DSL and microwave backhaul.
- Drive the RF and wired network planning, RF interference and mitigation, network performance analyses, EIRP and link margin budgets, base and mobile communications system block diagrams, specification of commercial and custom VHF/UHF/microwave RF components and related activities.
- Design and implement a robust geographically distributed wireless and wired (Ethernet) communications system, including approximately 2,000 mobile and fixed assets, using a combination of wireless and wired bearer methods.
- Evaluate architectural design trades and engage system integrator (SI) and customer to identify most practical solution, managing cost and schedule.
- Develop technical performance requirements, work with existing architecture to improve and adapt, conduct key trades and perform/aid in analysis of system performance.
- Participate in creation and completion of contract deliverables, including driving technical team and coordinating with chief engineer and project manager.
Confidential, Brooklyn, New York
Lead Systems Communications Engineer
- Interfaced with the customer and user communities to gather requirements, developed solutions, and integrated to customer systems.
- Supported the design, technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the E911 Center’s Radio Console Subsystem solution.
- Analyzed at all levels of the telecommunications system to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal, and ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performed functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
Distributed Antenna System In-Building Systems Engineer
- Performed DAS system designs based on site surveys, customer supplied floorplans and requirements, and specific scopes of work.
- Performed RF site surveys to verify designs, take measurements, and identify cable routes and installation challenges.
- Produced documentation including but not limited to; BOMs, EIRP Tables, Trunking Diagrams, Floor Plans, Installation Notes.
- Provided phone and technical support to installation personnel, project management, ICC group, and customers as required.
- Performed site acceptance tests for completed systems.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
P25 Technical Solutions Engineer
- Designed, validated and deployed competitive mission critical LMR P25 network solutions.
- Developed competitive solutions in compliance with customer functional and operational requirements, as well as customer existing systems.
- Provided technical support for sales engineering activities required for product demonstrations and responses to RFPs.
- Integrated into an existing team and become a functional contributor to the team; a team player.
- Defined network and system design, including but not limited to, radio coverage, radio link budgets, radio network capacity, transport, routing, and management.
- Defined network planning, including but not limited to radio coverage performance, radio network capacity performance, network dimensioning and general performance.
- Defined network and system engineering elements, including but not limited to, scope of supply to drive costs.
- Managed technical changes.
- Drafted and customized internal and external technical reports to support the customer designs.
Confidential, Rochester, New York & Houston, Texas
RF Microwave and Smart grid Project Manager
- Managed both in-country and international proposals including the financial and technical bid strategy. On major opportunities this may include attending bidder conferences, pre- site surveys, strategy and pricing meetings with primes.
- Managed the preparation of technical proposals and pricing. This includes delegating technical assignments to individuals within or outside of the department, developing a project bill of materials, working with purchasing to obtain pricing for OEM equipment and preparing engineering cost estimates.
- Actively participate in final contract negotiations.
- Executed systems contracts including organizing a project team that will engineer, integrate, test and provide any required field installation/testing functions as required in the contract.
- Managed any subcontracts for materials or services, including any in-country services.
- Provided the primary engineering expertise for the design and integration of systems involving GE MDS products (point to point & point to multi-point microwave radios) and OEM equipment for domestic and international projects.
- Prepared schedules and budgets with sufficient detail to allow the tracking of progress in the design and integration of the system and the associated costs.
- Worked with purchasing to execute purchase orders for major OEM items and installation sub-contracts.
- Interfaced with the Customer, as needed, for commercial and technical issues, scheduling, acceptance tests, and other project matters.
- Managed field personnel for any contract requirements.
- Determined requirements for site surveys, propagation analysis, and other RF design activities.
- Provided technical on-site and telephone support to the Sales Department for domestic and international systems opportunities, including; project definition, system specification development, implementation of system upgrades and enhancements to existing systems.
GSM Radio Access Solution Manager
- Offered technical solutions by examining customer requirements and specifications, clarifying requirements with the sales team, recommending product solutions.
- Prepared sales presentations by assembling technical explanations and diagrams
- Gave sales presentations by demonstrating and explaining technical solutions
- Prepared estimates by assembling component costs, conferring with the engineering team.
- Increased sales opportunities by identifying untapped customer needs, product enhancements, and industry developments.
- Updated job knowledge by participating in al opportunities, reading professional publications maintaining personal networks
- Accomplished sales and organization mission by completing results as needed
- Enhanced the organizations service by working closely with the development team, giving input for feature enhancements
- Maximized customer satisfactions by working closely with the sales force doing the initial installation of internet products and services, providing onsite support to the customer base.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Land Mobile Radio Systems Engineer
- Provided pre-sale and post-sale technical support on ASTRO 25/TETRA wireless communications systems for public safety customer accounts.
- Worked with a team including sales, system integrators, product engineers and program managers to implement wireless communication solutions for both voice and data. Responsibilities including performing RF coverage and interference predictions, systems architecture and detailed design work, determining equipment layouts, and conducting system staging (at CCSI) and system testing.
- Participated in making customer presentations.
- Generated implementation plans and system test reports.
Student Land Mobile Radio Systems Engineer
- Responsible for Coverage Prediction Tool Mozaik 3.0 and Traffic Simulator Software NetCalc 2.0 .
- Wrote a report on ‘Network Management in RF Systems’.
- Performed Signal Strength Coverage and Interference Site Survey for the Saudi Arabian Royal Guards in Riyadh and prepared a technical presentation for customer.