I have more than 3 years of experience with network routing and switching.
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot enhanced switching technologies such as VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), Per VLAN Spanning Tree Plus Protocol (PVST+), and EtherChannel
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot first hop redundancy protocols (HSRP) in a switched network
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot wireless routers and wireless clients
- Configure and troubleshoot routers in a complex routed IPv4 or IPv6 network using single area
- OSPF, multiarea OSPF, and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Manage Cisco IOS® Software licensing and configuration files
- Understand and describe the operations and benefits of virtual private networks (VPNs) and tunneling
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot serial connections
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot broadband connections
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot tunneling
- Understand, configure, and troubleshoot Network Address Translation (NAT) operations
- Monitor and troubleshoot network operations using syslog, SNMP, and NetFlow
- Secure Cisco® routers
- Implement AAA on Cisco routers using local router database and external ACS
- Mitigate threats to Cisco routers and networks using ACLs
- Implement secure network design, management and reporting
- Mitigate common Layer 2 attacks
- Implement the Cisco IOS® firewall feature set
- Implement the Cisco IOS IPS feature set
- Implement a site - to-site VPN
- Implement a remote access VPN
- Tracing, analyzing and updating the network to make it more consistent, reliable and efficient
- Eliminating double tagging of network traffic, reducing broadcasts and network congestion
- Preparing Method of Procedure (MOP), configuration scripts and guidelines for performing the maintenance
- Performing configuration changes by managing software and equipment from different vendors such as Adtran, Alcatel Lucent/Nokia, Calix, Ciena, Cisco etc.
- Performing hardware and circuit upgrades to offer new services/improve existing services
- Troubleshooting issues with device provisioning, hardware and software that arise during the maintenance
- Coordinating with the field technicians whenever necessary and keeping the network databases up to date
- Responsible for the delivery of new DSL support equipment and the functionality of the Confidential network
- Work with onsite technician and Design Engineers to test, turn-up, identify and repair faulty network configuration issues for nation-wide network.
- Test & Turn up of Calix E7, E5, Adtran TA5000, TA3000 and TA1200 DSLAMs for increase capacity of Confidential nationwide network.
- Turn up of New Calix E7 and E5 via command line and Gui interface. Add AMP cards, Gige cards and create Virtual Router and Virtual Bridge for Ethernet connectivity.
- Convert existing Calix E7 and E5 from ATM to Gige Ethernet with connectivity established by field tech with dial up modem or remote access.
- Alarm test Calix via RAP card with Netcool alarm system
- Review Engineering notes to determine the configuring of New DSLAM, card adds or conversion from ATM to Ethernet via MOP or Management move for increase network capacity.
- Use scripting to configure and tag switch and router interfaces with VLAN's and L2-L3 IP addressing.
- Network Mapping, Issue Debugging & Traffic Analysis of Confidential data network specifically Cisco 7606, 7609, 3400 10K/7200, Juniper M20 M10i MX960 and Alcatel7450, 7750, 6850 switches and routers in nationwide network Confidential ISP.
Automotive Service Technician
- Automotive service technicians diagnose, repair and perform maintenance on automobiles. When performing diagnostics, automotive service technicians use electronic testing equipment to identify problems
- Unloads merchandise from truck, down stacks merchandise from pallets to be moved to sales floor.