- Extensive experience in System Administration: (Windows 3.51 to 2016): performed such tasks as: Active Directory Management, (GPO, DNS, DHCP, File/Print, Security and VMware administration).
- 13 years experience Engineering/Administration of Symantec NetBackup versions (4.5 to 7.7)
- Primary Backup Administration experience: Global Storage Services for Confidential:
- 13 years with NetBackup/Backup Exec. Included migration from tape to disk based backup infrastructure using Data Domains (OST/DDboost/VADP). Extensive experience VM infrastructure backup/recovery process design.
- Served as Global Backup Team Lead: Size of environment (>100 sites, Daily backup 1.7PB, 21,000 jobs - with success rate 98%).
- Extensive experience with EMC Data Domain 860/880/990, IBM (4800 series), ADIC, Quantum libraries (I500/I2000/I6000), various storage technologies and Symantec appliances 5200/5300 series).
- Operational experience with:Unix operating systems Linux/Solaris/AIX/Suse
- SAN hardware Hitachi HUS VM, 3Par V400, NetApp FAS8020, BNA Ver. 12.1.4
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Networking Design and Support (10 years Active Directory administration, 9 years-Windows client support). Experience includes administering Active Directory security, consolidating domains, migrating data and NTFS permissions in various merger, acquisition projects where AD/Data security were high priority.
- Specialize is automation: Creating scripted tool-sets which auto-heal standard break-fix scenarios, provide global monitoring via SNMP. At Confidential, Consolidated global backups from 113 sites to 11, integrated global reporting into one concise report for ease of management.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. Assisted with the implementation of Active Directory/COE in multiple enterprise environments. Experience includes migrating directory services security, applications, file/print services infrastructures to a new Common Operating Environment.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Monitor/Resolve backup failures, Document failures/root cause/resolution in Heat system
- Manage InfoScale cluster with frequent fail-over testing.
- Architected automation tasks via various scripts (Unix shell).
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Monitor/Resolve backup errors, determine root cause for systemic issues
- Manage Ops Center monitoring/reportingArchitected automation tasks via various scripts (Unix shell, PS, VBscript).
- Installed/configured/supporting Symantec 5230 appliances (working client upgrade project using LiveUpdate)
- Implemented 7.7.2 in hub and DR locations.
- Architected Disaster Recovery solution utilizing AIR technology.
- Working projects to implement VADP solution (VM off-host backups) in place of existing NDMP technology.
- Creating/implementing new Naming Standard for NetBackup and new processes for appliances.
Confidential, Tulsa, OK
Tier II Windows Administrator
- Worked with application teams migrating data and application to new Confidential environment.
- Virtual Environment (Created VM hosts/Setup VM templates
- Managed Windows 2008/2012 OS tuning for leveraged applications
- Managed Active Directory objects/GPOs to implement OS standards.
- Worked as liaison between infrastructure teams: (Networking, Citrix Security, etc) and Application Support in the migration of users, data and applications within rigid time-lines prescribed by Project Management.
- Worked on migration of shared data, including AD groups, NTFS permissions, cross domain authentication and Access Based Enumeration standards.
Confidential, Bartlesville, OK
- Server Management Team: Performed application (Citrix), File/Print services support in a leveraged environment. Also supported HP Storage Area Network.
- Migrated Active Directory objects, data, printers and applications with COE rollout into new domain.
- Responsible for global infrastructure server operations. Primary contact for Ponca City server infrastructure.
- Since COE implementation was the contact for Compaq Storage Area Network file system management.
- Extensive use of VBScript utilized for automated tasks in global server operations and data migrations.
- Designed custom QC program for new servers.
Specialist-Veritas Backup Services
- Responsible for global data protection/backup services. Manage Veritas NetBackup systems in various locations worldwide as well as OSSV snapmirror operations.
- Created global reporting system DR process
- specialized in pioneering processes/toolsets for centralization and simplified management of global environment. Also implemented Bare Metal Restore Services for server DR.
- Implemented scripted solutions for global management of Veritas infrastructure including reporting monitoring and global statistics utilizing VBScript
- Unix Shell scripts and MS-DOS shell scripting.