- An energetic result driven I.T. Professional with more than 14 years of experience and a diverse range of skills that would benefit any size IT infrastructure.
- Proven track record in team leadership, management and technical skills.
- Possesses first rate communication and collaboration skills with the proven track record of working with diverse groups effectively
- Understanding of information security risk policies and awareness of IAM architecture
- Superb troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Supported and troubleshot Med - large, multi-site networks: WAN and LAN connectivity
- Working knowledge of network engineering and local and wide area (LAN/WAN) technologies and topologies.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco and Juniper series switches and routers.
- Moderate knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Enterprise Wireless systems, including Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti & Aruba.
- Windows Server configuration/Admin, 2003/2008/2012 servers in VMware & Hyper V
Systems: Microsoft Windows (OS) 98, XP, 2000, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, 8.1, Win 10, Microsoft Windows Server; NT, 2003,2008 & 2012, Exchange 2000-2010, SQL 2000-2005, Novell Netware 5.0-6.5
Software: Active Directory, Oracle, Access 2003-2010, VMware workstation, VMWare ESX, VMWare VSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp, Amazon AWS, Single Sign-On, Office 97-2016, Office 365, Lync, Lync, Zen-Works, Microsoft SharePoint, Cisco VPN Any Connect Client (SSL,IPSec), ALM, Powerlink, Courion, Courion Password, RSA Server 6.1, 7.1, 8.0, 8.1 RSA Authentication Mgr., SOX & PCI Compliancy, Crystal Reports v.9.0, Control M, Help Desk/Asset management Software; Reflections, Track It, Remedy, Service Now, Peregrine, Spiceworks, Connectwise
Tools: SolarWinds, Zabbix, Infoblox, SMARTS, LabTech, Junos J-Web, Open NMS, Wireshark, Splunk Enterprise, SMARTS, Ghost, Acronis, Windows Server backup, Powershell
Networking: Cisco IOS, Routing & Switching, VLAN, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, NAT, ACL, IPSec, Telnet, SSH, DNS, SNTP, DHCP, SMTP FTP Server, LAN/WAN, Juniper JUNOS
Hardware: HP ProLiant / Netserver, Dell Power Edge 2950 series, HP ILO, IBM RSA, 3COM, HP Procurve, Cisco Catalyst series switches 4900, 3650, 3750, 3760, 3560G, 2960, 2900, 2950, Cisco Routers ASR 9000,7600, 6500, 6509, 3845, 2811 Juniper EX 2200, 3300, 3400, 4200, 4600 Switches, Juniper Routers EX/MX, Midspan PDU, Cisco Meraki MX Firewall, Cisco ASA 8.x Firewall, SonicWALL, Raid, Printers, Laptops, PBX Hardware, Nortel Meridian PBX, Avaya Digital/VoIP systems, Avaya Digital/Voip, Cisco VoIP phone systems, Wyse Thin Client, Cisco Meraki Wireless AP, Aruba Wireless AP, Ubiquiti wireless AP and Cloud Controller.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCENetwork Engineer / Technician
- Large regional network upgrade moving from Cisco series to Juniper EX L3 switches
- Performing work on tickets for new port and IP assignment on production Cisco and Juniper switches and routers.
- Port and IP assignment/management for Confidential Regional Area Network and Unified Engineering Network
- Performs advanced network maintenance mainly includes CMTS, Multicast, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP routing protocol on
- Port and IP setup, decommission interfaces and IP reservations
- Working on Confidential edge team configuring Juniper EX 4200/4300 for deployment
- Configuration and setup of virtual chassis members
- Configure pics/VC ports, interfaces, update JunOS, IP, host member name etc.
Network Engineer / Technician
- Confidential, large multi stage network infrastructure conversion
- Replace Cisco network equipment with 1500 + Juniper EX Switches in 425 Node locations
- New Juniper environment implemented to increase wireless network capacity to 10Gbps
- Configure and Install 1500 + Juniper EX 3300, 3400 & EX4600 series switches
- Installation of SFP+ 10G transceivers, QFSP, Juniper DAC VC-cable and multi and single mode fiber patch cables. Install SFP and connect fiber to Juniper MX series routers on blades.
- Installed Juniper EX 3300, 3400 & 4600 switches in clustered Virtual Chassis configuration
- Setup multiple Eaton UPS systems in each node location
- Monitored Solar Winds to verify new switches are online and any outages or heat issues Manage/unmanaged network hardware and resolved any errors or issues.
- Configured and set up trunk port connections on production Cisco switches to connect to and route through Juniper EX 4600 switches.
- Connected SSH to Juniper switches and use CLI to resolve issues and troubleshoot. Configure replacement Cisco switches for replacement for failed production switches.
- Connected to existing production Cisco switches and Routers to capture existing interface settings and descriptions. Configured interface Ports and VLAN on Cisco switches for UPS management.
- Entered new network devices In Infoblox System, reserved IP for UPS / Switches for deployment.
- Installation of Aruba Wireless AP
Network / Server Engineer
- Manage network and server infrastructure for a city municipality, multiple buildings and departments. Including Town Hall, police, Fire, Waste water treatment, Vets services, Library and health department.
- Administer and maintains LAN and WAN networks hardware and software. Troubleshoots network issues or outages.
- Manage and configuration of Cisco and juniper switches configured new VLAN and subnets as needed.
- Setup and configured Ubiquiti Cloud corporate wireless AP system over multiple sites.
- Support and configure client and site to site IPsec VPN tunneling, wireless P2P backhauls.
- Administer and maintained Windows Servers, supported 60+ VM’s in VMWare VSphere 5.5 and Hyper-V server environment.
- Systems proactive monitoring, performed server installation/maintenance in a Physical & virtual environment, configuration and support of Active Directory, wide-area network routing, wireless network configuration/maintenance, disk storage management, OS maintenance/upgrades, systems performance monitoring/optimization and creating and configuring new VM workstation / Servers as needed.
- Monitoring of Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls across multiple sites
- Monitor and configuration of corporate firewalls. Including static routes, rule creation, VLAN and subnet changes.
- Maintain backups, error logs, and updates on servers, Troubleshoot user/system issues, failure recovery, Active Directory, DNS and Exchange support, Raid drive array setup and rebuild networking/VPN/Firewall, IP routing.
Network / Server Engineer
- Specific responsibilities include supporting Identity and user account provisioning including Active Directory, Exchange, UNIX, RSA VPN.
- Troubleshoot RSA and SSL VPN access and security issues, Digital certificates, Multifactor Authentication, Single Sign-On, Privileged Access Management & Control systems.
- Resolving Issues related in RSA Authentication Mgr., RSA Server, SSL VPN, Active Directory & Group Policy, LDAP, Gateway & Firewall.
- Extensive experience in Malware and Ransomware incidents involving compromised systems. Performs technical risk assessments and implemented policies and procedures. Worked with CIRT & SOC teams to resolve and contain threat.
- Manage end user accounts, user access groups and entitlements using applicable tools and applications Identify and remediate control failures in IAM controls
- Collaborates with other teams such as Engineering, Systems and Network /Security Operations to resolve issues.
- Responsible for testing of Courion account provisioning product. Recommend fixes and enhancements. Beta testing of RSA help desk portal administration web application.
- Analyzes identity and access management onboarding processes /workflows, recommends ways to improve efficiency. Being aware of Sarbanes Oxley process and procedure requirements.
- Created and updated technical documentation for first and second level support teams. Including RSA application and token installation procedures. Ensuring that ServiceNow, ITIL, and the knowledge base databases remained current.
- Projects: AD Lockout policy ( Used data from Splunk to analyze issues), RSA Client Experience, RSA Self Service Portal
Confidential, Burlington Ma
Network / Server Engineer
- Responsibilities included Setup and configure new laptops as well as reimage/refresh and encrypt existing laptops for deployment.
- Implementation of desktop environment with a focus on pc desktop / laptop configuration, image management, OS patch management, systems integration, asset management, inventory planning, procurement, and software distribution.
- Setup new laptop remotely, uncompress and deploy image through ISYS Image Server and migrate all user data to new machine, Install applications over network..
Confidential, Farmington, CT
Desktop / Network Support
- Desktop/Network support for a Corporate office / production environment
- Maintain a desktop support structure to sustain efficient operations office personal and Distribution center. Managed and prioritize issues in Remedy Ticketing system
- Manage all aspects to desktop environment including antivirus system, system roll out processes, Citrix Thin clients, Avaya VOIP / Digital phone system, desktop application maintenance, Printers, patching, licenses
- Supported Network hardware infrastructure in a multi building LAN environment.
- Act as escalation point for enterprise-wide client issues.