Information Technology Support
- Database administrator for college and church network assets. Support & manage user accounts. Designed & implemented system reports. Utilized programs such as Rediker, Carbonite, Windows 7, 8, & 10, Microsoft Office 2010, 2016/365 Symantec, Faronics Deep Freeze, IP Connect, and Servant Keeper.
- Manage Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone system for entire network locations, using Jive VoIP.
- Instituted comprehensive security action plan to include backups, antivirus protection and redundancy efforts.
- Secretarial and Receptionist duties such as answering phones, filing, purchase orders, use of office equipment and customer service functions. Assist Financial Department with tracking and reporting functions.
- Teach one to two courses on Computer Basics, Information Technology and software programs, per semester and provide substitute teaching positions when needed and proctoring examinations. Prepare syllabus, lectures, lesson plans, and recommend curriculum.
- Provide recommendations on information system upgrades, including software, hardware, and network inventory.
Information Systems Technician
- Contracted to deploy to designated locations to analyze, troubleshoot, installation, reimaging, and/or configuring of computer systems, peripherals, hardware, telecommunications, printers, and network equipment.
- A member of the Plans and Policies division of the Network Operations (NETOPS - 5); responsible for researching, assessing, analyzing, collaborating, writing, documenting, and reviewing future projects to provide written documents/instructions that will provide those procedures necessary for network communications.
- Work with many authorities from different departments, and across military branches to collaborate and achieve assigned projects.
- Assess customer needs and expectations to ensure a quality product is achieved.
- Carrying out and implementing industry standards, quality management systems, service operations management, and risk management.
- Researched, collaborated, drafted, and documented the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) directive for the implementation of a series of tests necessary to test the Fleet Network Operations Center (FLTNOC) to FLTNOC Interconnectivity/Failover capability. Received award for my achievements as the lead on this “NOC2NOC” project.
- Responsible for documenting a plan for a series of tests to accomplish the NOC2NOC Failover. This involved analyzing differing network protocols & reviewing complex schematics, for the purpose of processing this information into logical conclusions. Formalizing this information into formal documentation to be communicated and tested.
Supervisor Information Technology
- As Local Network Service Center Director; I was responsible for Systems, Operations, Information Assurance (IA), and Network divisions as well as the Trouble or Help Desk.
- Managed diverse staff of military, civilian and contract workers across several aspects of the Operations department
- Evaluated work performance of subordinates and appraise staff performance.
- Responsible for desktop support for both; Legacy and the ONE-Net networks, using Windows 2000 server, Active Directory, Exchange server, managing Firewalls, Proxy and Gateway servers.
- Project Manager for migration to OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net).
- Responsible for leading departmental meetings and at times, divisional meetings.
- Received an end of year bonus for the successful completion of my tasking and exceeding expectations.
Office Automation Assistant
- Perform administrative, secretarial and clerical duties for the the Family Advocacy Program (FAP).
- Manage BUPERS QOLMIS database case files, communication medium, and maintaining calendar with counselors.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Assisted Human Resources with position descriptions, hiring and regular advancement criteria is met.