- Delivers robust applications and customizable solutions. Innovative software engineer offering years of experience in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) - from concept through delivery.
- Committed to proven development methodologies and processes that lead to the seamless rollout of dependable applications software.
- Leverages years of design, development and support experience to build low maintenance solutions. Effectively troubleshoots issues to minimize business impact.
- Advocates best practices that enhance product definition, release processes and customization of applications to customer needs.
- RPG ILE
- RPG Free
- RPG IV
Principal Software Engineer
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Principal architect for the integration of the Confidential B2B website with the Contract Order Management System (OMS) on the iSeries. Designed and developed systems to deliver Product, Customer and Contract data to the web. Designed and developed systems to receive and process Orders, Returns and Account updates from the web and integrate them into the Contract OMS on the iSeries. Today this system processes over 95% of Confidential Contract Business.
- Identified the need to centralize responsibility for test environment creation and maintenance within the development organization. Taking on a stretch assignment I was able to gain alignment with management to create an additional role for myself as the Environment Manager. My added responsibilities were to design and build systems to automate the creation of new test environments as needed by the development and QA teams. This role expanded into the DevOps group that today provides environment and release management to multiple Global Technology groups.
- Using SDLC methodology, created the systems necessary to integrate a vendor print solution for Confidential Print Centers into Contract OMS and the Contract B2B website. This system has become the base for Confidential new lines of business like Confidential
- Transitioned the nightly data migrations to the B2B website to a ‘Real Time’ process. Collaborated with the web team to minimize the volume of data migrated while guaranteeing 100% synchronization with the system of record. More timely data synchronization has resulted in a 25% decrease in orders requiring manual intervention, and an increase in customer satisfaction.
- Liaison between the internal business customers and vendor resources. Overseeing the design and development of system enhancements and business solutions resulting in increased Confidential Customer Service Representatives satisfaction ratings.
Confidential, Webster, MA
- Responsible for the Automation of the Appraisal Assignment system.
- Technical Lead on the transition to and integration with a new Mainframe and OS/2 system. Managed, advised and led the technical team charged with this integration.