- I started my formal university education over twenty - five years ago. I have expanded my knowledge over my career by attending classes, conferences, and professional organization events.
- I am also an avid reader of profession business and technology publications, whitepapers, and professional blogs.
- I do this to remain current so I can better serve my clients by being mindful of what trends and innovations are occurring that may have an impact on how businesses use technology.
- I have reached a point in my career where I have either directly experienced or have a high level of understanding of every role, process, and technology needed to support today’s complex business communication networks and data centers environments throughout their entire life-cycle.
- This is from inception, design, procurement, build, maintain, decommission, and disposal. The extent of my knowledge and experience includes numerous technology platforms and environments (Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, SAN, SIPRNET, NIPRNET etc.), but also extends into Project Management (I am PMP certified); Industry Standards (ISO, IEC); Regulatory Standards (HIPAA, SOC, SOX; DIACAP/RMF), Facility building codes and standards (NFPA), IT Best Practices (ITIL, BiSL, ASL2 etc.), and Architectural Frameworks, Standards, and Methodologies (Zachmann, TOGAF, Archimate). All this experience and information is leveraged to ensure clients are:
MICROSOFT SERVER: Microsoft Windows Server Platforms, Exchange Server, BizTalk Server, SharePoint Portal Server 2001, SharePoint Team Services 2002, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013. QUMU
MICROSOFT CLIENT: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, and Visio.
OTHER: Cisco Jabber, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Remedy, HP Service Manager
NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES: VLAN, IP Networking, Wireless, Firewalls, Load Balancing etc.
STANDARDS and BEST PRACTICES: Knowledgeable of ISO, ANSI, ITSM/ITIL, BiSL, ASL2, AIIM, TOGAF, etcetera.
- Continually researched opportunities for improving existing business and manufacturing processes for purpose of improving existing platforms, or by the introduction of new and innovative processes and technologies.
- Created architectural models of secure network (SLAN) using Archimate notation which identified relationships and elements between Business, Process, Data, Application, and Technology layers which identified the scope of business impact and criticality applications and servers. This assisted in quantifying the priority at which platforms should be recovered in the event of a disaster.
- Interviewed business management and staff and researched policies and regulations to identify business, process, technical, and security requirements for creating a portable, client based, secure document library for highly sensitive (NNPI) Navy and NNS Nuclear Engineering manuals.
- Analyzed and then created solution scope document, architectural drawings, and feasibility estimate for QUMU Video Hosting Solution.
- Analyzed and then created solution scope document, architectural drawings, and feasibility estimate for “Single Sign-on” (SSO) solution that permitted users and applications to avoid logging into server based applications after they have already been authenticated to the corporate Windows Domain.
- Architected SharePoint 2010 Server Farm Solution’s logical, physical, storage, and database architecture.
- Architected SharePoint 2013 Server Farm Solution’s logical, physical, storage, and database architecture.
- Designed SharePoint Service Catalogue, and associated catalogue item request processes for HP Service Manager.
- Prepared Architecture Scope for BizTalk Server Solution which included physical and software architecture, 64+ interfaces to 19 different systems. The data flow and interface drawing created for this project provided a holistic view of system interfaces and data flow which provided a “ripple effect” view of data that flowed between different business data repositories and technology platforms.
- Member of NNS’s Enterprise Information Management Team. This team task is to create NNS’s new Information architecture (IA). This team and new IA is to define and govern NNS’s corporate wide Enterprise Content Management (ECM) strategy which encompasses three areas: Document Management, Web Content Management, and Records Management. NNS’s Information Architecture strategic major goals are to standardize the language across NNS, and to define how NNS employees will store and find information in a logical and consistent structure.
- Chair of SharePoint Technical Working Group (SPTWG). The SPTWG governs the technical aspects of SharePoint Farms, and coordinated decisions, activities, and processes with SharePoint Operation Group (SPOG),
- Member of SPOG. The SPOG prioritizes and governs the rollout of SharePoint’s to business units, and release of SharePoint’s capabilities and functionalities to end-users in coordination with SPTWG.
- Created reusable workbooks that captured logical and physical elements of SharePoint architecture as well for rolling department and other sites for all of NNS
- Created reusable workbooks that captures and calculates individual server requirements for CPU, RAM, and Storage, and then totals amounts and cost for each environment.
- Used workbooks to estimate the impact on storage and database architecture when migrating content from shared drives into SharePoint.
IT Systems Architect
- Provide detailed technical guidance.
- Provide all required System Architect deliverables to include Scope.
- Provide input into project planning activities.
- Propose new technologies that could benefit the corporation if utilized.
- Proactively review sys development, overall systems relationships and functions, and shape long term solutions.
- Develop roadmaps for systems and business functions. Demonstrates to Systems Architects other how to use MS Project for creating and rolling up roadmaps effectively.
- Interact with System Engineers and Enterprise Architects to maximize teamwork and reach business objectives.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts within the IT technical arena.
- Contributes to collaborative technology projects with mobile technologies (Win CE / iPad / Netbooks ), collaboration technologies (SharePoint 2010), telephony (Avaya/VOIP/Microsoft), unified communication products, .NET, Java, Active Directory, UNIX/LINUX/WIN, EAI (BizTalk), SAP infrastructure related (Portal, Unicode, ABAP, Java stacks)
- Quickly understands, assess, and conceptualizes uses and interactions between technical products.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyzes performed on total system product at all levels to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional and timeline analysis, requirements and interface definition in order to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.