- Proven leadership skills in multiple areas; including task, project, contract and corporate levels
- Proven track record of outstanding solutions architecture, design, and implementation
- Proven ability to manage full life - cycle projects from project initiation, planning, execution, control and into proper close out
- Senior level understanding of requirements for large, very large and global scale architectures, including virtual enterprises
- Significant experience with establishing project time lines, maintaining project control and management of appropriate resources
- Senior level experience with planning and implementing Microsoft Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability with managing contract deliverables, budget and providing customer interface
- Senior level experience with planning and implementing Microsoft Exchange services
- Experienced with Business Development / Sales Engineer roles, drafting RFP, RFQ and RFI responses
- Proven experience with planning, architecture, and implementation of globally accessible 3rd party management tool sets.
- Experience working collaboratively and leading multi-disciplinary teams in highly political environments
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical explanation and direction through white-paper development
- Cloud Computing, including AWS ( Confidential Web Services)
- McAfee Security tools, including HBSS-defined criteria; ePolicy Orchestrator, Policy Auditor and Foundstone
- Nessus (multiple versions), PKI, HIDS, IDS, Firewalls (multiple brands)
- Microsoft directory technologies, including Active Directory, ADAM, and MIIS
- Microsoft Exchange Services including 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Operating Systems, including Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Various non-Microsoft Operating Systems, including MAC OS 8.x-X.x, Unix (Solaris), Linux (Red Hat, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu)
- Virtualization technologies, including blade services, VMWare ESX and GSX, MS Virtual Server
- General network technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Native and 3 rd party management tool sets, including GPO, Security Policy, SMS/SCCM/SCOM, LanDesk, HP OpenView, various NetIQ, NetPro, CA and Quest management suites.
IT Management Consultant
- Technical Leadership. Assisted multiple clients with defining IT functional goals and planned implementations, migrations and upgrade methodologies. Primary focus is in corporate and global IT infrastructure projects. Core functions include defining business requirements, creating technical architecture, project planning and project management.
- Program and Budget Management. Responsible for end-to-end management of core implementation strategy, resources and tracking budgetary constraints. This included hiring appropriate staff, defining the project implementation timelines, reporting multiple times per week into Executive level briefings, and management of budgets ranging from 25k to 6M.
Manager of Technical Operations
- Operations and Resource Management. As a key member of the AWS Cloud implementation for a 600M cleared US Gov't project, my primary responsibilities included project management and oversight of cleared technical resources, defining operational policy and procedures, and building a new support environment for an isolated environment. This included supporting Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, SCOM, client systems and user environments with Microsoft and Linux OSs, across multiple sites within the US and internationally.
- Program and Budget Management. Responsible for complete management of core implementation strategy, resources and budgetary considerations. This included hiring every member of my staff, defining the project implementation timelines, reporting multiple times per week into Sr VP-level briefings, and management of approximately 6M worth of equipment.
Founder, Chief Technology Officer
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Chief Technology Officer. As a key member of Board of Directors, primary responsibilities include the technical direction for both internal and external corporate technology initiatives. I also served as the top tier support for technical direction on network, systems and operational process issues at many customer sites.
- Program Manager. Program management of various IT contracts, business development, RFP response, staff management, task assignments, budgeting and general direction for ensuring customer requirements are met. Very experienced with management of highly political contract environments, including DoS, DoD and in-theater NATO.
- Senior Technical Consultant:
Provided top-tier support to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of Computer Security. Consultation included defining deployment methodologies for global deployment of McAfee technologies and process development for new technology evaluation, selection and deployment.
Provided top-tier design, architecture and deployment services in Afghanistan for NATO communications as a key member of the Task Force 236, architecting and deploying the CENTRIX secure information sharing network. This included resolution to the multi-faceted authentication and credential management issues plaguing both the support entities and the end user base.
Contract Portfolio Director, Senior Consultant
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Program Director. As a member of Intercom’s Senior Management team, primary responsibilities include the program management of various IT contracts including end-to-end project management, RFP response, staffing, task assignments, budgeting and general direction for ensuring customer requirements are met. Additional responsibilities include business development and sales engineer functions in support of potential opportunities.
- Senior Active Directory and Exchange Architect and Migration Analyst. As the Sr. Active Directory and Exchange Architect for the Air Force Communications Agency (AFCA) under the direction of Air Force Network Operations (AFNETOPs), responsibilities included leading a team of various contractors, including Microsoft Premier staff, for the development and implementation of the Air Force’s first global AD and Exchange infrastructure. This further lead to planning the direction and migration of the Air Force’s 850,000 users and 1.8 million objects into the new structure.
- Enterprise Architect for Consular Affairs. As the Enterprise Architect for Consular Affairs (CA), responsibilities include definition of CA business and security requirements, managing the implementation of and migration to Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Exchange 2003, and providing high-level definition for custom application development needs. This effort is in direct support of an organization with roughly 15,000 users of various security levels, with an organizational income ranging in the 10's of billions annually, requiring constant uptime and full data sharing with the Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Senior Directory Services Engineer. As a Senior Directory Services Engineer contracting to the U.S. Department of State, responsibilities include providing Tier III support for the build out, operation and migration into (2) separate Microsoft Active Directory environments, any and all Microsoft operating systems, and various Linux and Unix operating systems; supporting over 125,000 end users, and 110,000 network nodes.
- Technical Staging Coordinator/Project Manager. Designed and built the first Windows 2000 Active Directory pre-deployment Staging environment in conjunction with Microsoft Consulting Services. The Staging area consisted of a complete duplicate of the central AD core, where all Domain Controllers, Exchange Servers and Member Servers were built before servers were shipped to each of the 309 US Embassies and Missions globally. Defined technical policies governing replication requirements and shut-down\move procedures, while also providing Tier III support to Lead Installation / Migration Engineers at overseas locations.
- Senior Network Engineer - Senior Software Configuration Engineer. Contracted to the U.S. Department of State. Responsibilities included managing a team of engineers during the survey and installation periods, traveling to various American Embassies, Consulates and Missions to determine best method of extending the State Department Intranet WANs, including network topology, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Active Directory, Exchange 5.5 and 2000. Also held the position of Primary Instructor for Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 Migration; teaching installers and regional technicians, logging over 300 hours of instruction. Installations consist of CAT 5 and fiber cable infrastructure, Cisco routers and switches, multiple Domain Controllers, Exchange 5.5/2000 and Lotus Domino 4.6 Servers and multiple workstations per Post.