- Experienced software engineer with 13 years of OS - service and embedded software development knowledge encompassing nearly all levels of development from kernel to application interface through the full product lifecycle. Proven track record of applying object - oriented analysis and design to a variety of problem domains and yielding high quality, market winning products and solutions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Linux, RTOS & Windows development
- Multiple thread, core and server platforms
- Generic programming, system level library development
- Rapid, proof-of-concept prototyping
Confidential, Westminster, CO
- Reduced runtime overhead of unused system logging statements by nearly 100% by reworking the system logging mechanism.
- Mentored peers on C++ coding and style best practices, emphasizing robustness, maintainability and portability benefits when standardized to proven techniques.
- Advocated and gained support for performance monitoring wizard for identifying, testing and improving system performance metrics.
- Reworked ubiquitous enumerator/string translator implementations, reducing target system build times by +75% and eliminating the need for an intermediate target.
- Constructed lightweight generic framework for comparing objects by method or member, allowing to quickly view the same data using differing perspectives.
- Fixed areas of arithmetic error introduction when using built-in language types in intermediate calculations, eliminating fix-up routines to account for such errors.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Reduced core server CPU utilization 40% by refactoring a handful of heavily utilized messaging-related classes, delaying the need for further capitalization expenditures to increase processing capacity.
- Developed a generic core framework for distributing and processing Call Records, allowing for expedited integration and support for a new low-cost switch partner.
- Introduced simplified unit testing framework, enabling and improving utilization and coverage and incorporated unit test passage as part of the pre-deployment criteria.
- Simplified application-based Zenoss alarming mechanism, unifying the strengths of three other disparate implementations while adding single-call, persistence and delayed-processing attributes.
- Created graphical dashboard for engineering team to collect and summarize user defined application and server metrics, resulting in near real-time discovery of previously unknown failures and anomalies.
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Automated software project integration process by implementing a software integration build tool slashing developer driven integration build times from hours to literally minutes.
- Completed conversion of critical system service from a single threaded process to a process capable of supporting multiple threads in half of the project’s allocated time.
- Conducted various on-site educational workshops on C++, boosting site competencies and enabling other engineers to be more proficient developers and testers.
- Expounded on the many benefits of peer code reviews routinely and led by example with informative and detailed code review requests leading to site code review standards.
Senior Software Engineer
- Improved overall system performance by refactoring many core, commonly used objects, methods, and functions, improving runtime efficiency of many by 50 - 80%, and even improving some by more than 95%.
- Led in - house development of distributed make application cutting build turn-around times by more than 50% and eliminating the need for a third party solution costing more than $60K.
- Received accolades from product support personnel and management for expedient attention to external customer support requests facilitating customer intimacy.
- Provided and improved documentation of complex, critical system services, by creating over 200 pages of new documentation fast-tracking handover to maintenance organization.