- Professional Systems, Cyber, Network, Enterprise Security Engineer with 14 years of experience with extensive knowledge, excellent instinctive problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Specializing in disaster recovery, SIEM active continues monitoring of HIDS, IDS, security audits, assessment, remediation’s, vulnerability analysis, vulnerability management, exploits, enterprise security, penetrating testing, client/server database management systems, product evaluation (COTS + GOTS), research and procurement.
- Provide security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. Guidance on ISCM (Information Security Continuous Monitoring), assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle by validating system security requirements definition and analysis.
- Establish system security designs; implement security designs in hardware, software, data, procedures, and security requirements. Perform system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and support secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Built home lab on Kali Linux with the passion for IT security, penetration testing, and web application security. Learning tools like Qradar, AlienVault, Maltego, Burp suite, and other cyber intelligence, analytical, Meta data collecting tools.
IAM System Security Engineer
- Utilize Nessus Tenable Security Center to consolidate and analyze all vulnerabilities and data gathered from multiple Nessus scanners, measure and evaluate security program effectiveness. Provide reporting and customizable dashboard. Utilize alerts and notifications to speed up incident response and vulnerability remediation. Perform compliance checks against industry standard and regulatory mandates such as FISMA, DISA, HIPAA, SCAP. Develop POA&M for mitigation as required by Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Responsible for monitoring, managing performance and availability across complex environments to detect, prioritize and neutralize cyber threats using CA’s APM (Application Performance Management) and UIM (Unified Infrastructure Management) and LogRhythm to remediate risks.
- Implement SDLC concepts and processes of IBM Rational Jazz tools including RTC, DOORS and RQM.
- Test systems for compliance with disaster recovery and contingency plans. Upload Artifacts in GRC RiskVision.
- Utilize OWASP TOP 10. Conduct vulnerability analysis, vulnerability management and incident handling.
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, threat vector identification and develop cases for security monitoring. Perform post mortem analysis, documentation of findings and provide recommendations to teams.
- Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new applications, work with metadata, creating Dashboards. Troubleshoot issues with log sources or systems with vendor, and report system defects as needed.
- Provide technical security services to remain in compliance with VA regulations to maintain the Authority to Operate (ATO) and to provide artifacts required by NIST controls 800 - 53 series rev4, FIPS and STIGs.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
- Supported the identification and impact classification for new vulnerabilities identified in the client's environment and remediated findings. Meet with FCIO, CIO and other senior management to work with resolving system security issues, security documentation and related facility security.
- Reviewed and updated system categorization using FIPS 199, Initial Risk Assessment, E-authentication, SSP, ATO’s, POA&M, contingency plans (CP), and contingency plan tests (CPT), privacy impact assessments (PIA) and risk assessment (RA) documents per NIST 800 guidelines.
- Worked on Risk Management Framework (RMF) outlined in NIST SP 800-37 and VA Directive 6500 handbook.
- Assisted in identification and reduction of vulnerabilities at enterprise level using GRC RiskVision.
- Wrote documentation on Information Security solution (technical writing).
- Enforced security policies and recommended revisions to policies to ensure proper IT security.
- Responsible for the technical strategic design, implementation, and management of enterprise security systems to include but not limited to firewalls, intrusion detection systems, application security integration, secure remote access, data encryption, identity management and access provisioning, user and system auditing and reporting, HIPPA, VPN, SSL, smart card/token access systems.
- Reviewed security controls development, compliance readiness (NIST 800-53 Series, FISMA, Fed RAMP, FIPS) and technical security architecture/ design/ development/ implementation.
IT Systems Engineer
- Managed and responsible for environment Citrix XenApp 6.5 and perform migration to Citrix 7.6 with storefront V3. Administered Blackberry Enterprise 10 environment. Administered NetBackup 7.6 for all Windows, and Linux servers. Administer Checkpoint End-Point security, Solarwinds, troubleshoot security logs in Wireshark, IT auditor, and MBSA.
- Utilized VMware vSphere client, Virtual vCenter Server, Managing Users, Groups, Roles and Access Permissions, Snapshot manager and restoring a snapshot, VMotion, Managing Tasks, Events and Alarms.
- Managed and configured Microsoft servers 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2012R2, including windows 8 and windows 10. Use ITIL’s best practices for Incident, Problem and Change management process.
- Perform Net backups for physical and virtual servers, from Symantec OpsCenter Analytics, generate reports for managerial review. Manage Windows Servers, Active Directory, group policy object (GPO), VPN/Firewall, IP routing, SAN, LUN, Citrix Administration, DHCP/DNS.
- Create key management and determined the best encryption/security solution for specific applications along with mitigation strategies.
- Administrator Microsoft Exchange 2007, mail and database servers. Troubleshoot, support, manage account creation, migration and recovery. Redundant environment, setup/configuration, administration.
- Installed new and/or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. Operated, managed, and maintained the MacAfee Enterprise anti-virus deployment and management system- EPO 8.8. Worked on ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Associations) risk scores for servers and work stations. Successfully assisted in two-factor authentication PIV implementation across 4000 BLS employees. Work on windows PKI by configuring
- Configure Application Control and URL Filtering in Checkpoint Smart Dashboard for Whitelist and Blacklisting applications. Work on Nexpose Rapid7, scans and vulnerability assessment.
Lead Desktop Support Specialist/Systems Administrator
- Provide lead support and training to the IT helpdesk teams and the Desktop Support teams in IT activities such as, PC imaging using Symantec Ghost server, configuration, installation, end user training, local and network printer installation, desktop/laptop PC peripheral installation, asset disposal, desktop, laptop, printer, multifunctional device hardware break-fix, etc.
- Administer security on network users for the devices by PGP and Symantec management console. Provide support for all server applications, including BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) Server. Perform smartphone / air card security analysis, functionality testing, compatibility testing and write end user documentation. Provide remote support, troubleshoot hardware failures and system incompatibilities.
- Used Cognos BI software to extract data, analyze it and assemble reports. use and knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft administration on installing Webservers and Application Server like WebSphere, Prod migrations, system monitoring.
- Worked with MS Service Center Management, Splunk Server, Computrace Server, VMware virtual server management, Citrix management, Active Directory, Symantec Server, PGP encryption, Netback up, Networking technology, Security/Firewalls, Web servers, and NetScaler load balancing technology, Solar Winds for NOC.
- Lead the project for mass deployment of Windows 7 Enterprise from Windows XP on all 99 campuses, on 20,000 plus HP desktop computers and hundreds of Lenovo laptops using Symantec Ghost Cast server and SCCM 2012.
- Repaired and assemble all types of laptops, desktops, Apple Computers.
- Plan and setup the network for onsite computers, support, and provide complete IT support.
- Monitor application performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance
IT Field Service Engineer
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, which include hardware and software related issues.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering. Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems. Analyzing and creating solution of business problems such as development of integrated production and inventory control.