- Over 12 years of SAN experience and architecting, deploying, and upgrading systems, including hardware, software, networks, databases, servers, mobile devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Conducted enterprise - wide security compliance scans, measuring compliance to the corporate network device security standards.
- Extensive experience on Storage provisioning LUN creation, Zoning, Masking, Mapping.
- Experienced in working on Brocade, McDATA and Cisco MDS Enterprise Directors and Departmental Switches.
- Implemented array based data migration using SRDF and Open Replicator from Symmetrix/DMX to DMX-3/DMX-4, VMAX to VMAX in SMC and SymCLI.
- Made use of EMC Control Centre (ECC) effectively for administration of the environment which includes storage provisioning, installing agents and also close watch on performance analysis, alert acknowledgement.
- Maintain, install, configure and troubleshoot firewalls (Cisco ASA's and Juniper SRX's), SSL VPNs, IPSEC and application delivery appliances such as Cisco CSS content switches.
- Netapp FAS systems and ONTAP OS administration.
- Firm understanding of FC storage configurations
- Manages and supports SAN/NAS environments.
Hardware: DMX-2, DMX-3000 DMX-3, DMX-4, VMAX, VPLEX, VNX, CX 600,CX700,CX3- 10/20/40/80, CX-4 series
Software/Solutions: ECC, SMC, SymCLI, Navisphere manager v6.x/5.x, NaviCLI, Replication Manager, Device manager, Fabric manager, Connectrix manager, Web tools, Open Replicator, MirrorView, SnapView, SanCopy, TimeFinder solutions, SRDF, Celerra manager, Celerra replicator, Storage Scope, Solutions Enabler, Power Path, Recover Point, SVC
Switches/HBA: Brocade 4100, 4900, 500, Mi10K, 48000, DCX backbone, McDATA 3232, i10k, 140m, Cisco MDS- 2960/9222i/ 9506/9509/9513 , Emulex, Qlogic
Protocols: IPX/SPX, TCP/IP, NetBEUI, PPP, HTTP, Ethernet, DLC, Token Ring, Fast Ethernet, FTP, SMTP/POP3/IMAP/LDAP, SNMP, Telnet, WINS, RMON,DHCP, DNS, Frame relay, ATM, OSPF, BGP, RIP, RIP2, EIGRP
- Windows Installation and Linux System design.
- System requirement development and SQL Server installation in cluster environment.
- Configuring and installation of web servers and applications with MS Server System design for high transaction volumes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the procedures and concepts of Microsoft framework implementation.
- Familiar with the working principles of CMMI Level 3 engineering environment.
- Extensive knowledge of queuing systems, deploying and designing systems, cloud services and web services.
- In-depth knowledge of SAN Arrays, Hand Held devices, and Hyper-V virtual servers.
- Sound troubleshooting, analytical and logical skills.
- VM Server Manage services and troubleshooting and Logical Skills.
- Build and manage Satellite servers and services in environment.
Systems Administrator/Network Engineer/Systems Engineer
- Used knowledge of bind, apache, SSH, and security to retrofit existing systems and engineer new, improved security systems. Firewall creation and maintenance using Cisco ACL and Linux iptables. Basic Cisco 2900/5500 switch configuration and maintenance.
- Deployed eWPTS applications code on Verizon Telco servers. Involved in creating and configuring Zones/Containers, zfs filesystems in Solaris 10 environment.
- Responsible for Day-to-day systems administration tasks in Solaris and Redhat Linux Configured NFS servers
- Installed and Configured Solaris 10 by using Jumpstart server.
- Creating and growing Filesystem by using Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris volume manager and CFS file systems.
- Configured weblogic domains and MQ ques on Solaris servers and Installing and Configuring the Oracle Database.
- Installed SSI files and Packages on Solaris and Aix servers.
- Involved in Upgrading Sun Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 by using LiveUprade. Involved in Upgrading Veritas Volume Manager from 4.0 to 5.0
- Responsible for supporting more than 1000 SUN/Aix servers for hardware and software incidents and engage sun support.
- Installed packages, patches and SSL certificates on all web servers.
- Involved in monitoring and configuring NFS servers and NFS clients.
- Upgraded OBP Firmware for sun hardware. Worked on Backup and restore requests by using NetBackup.
- Responsible for creating user account and Involved in monitoring and troubleshooting network issues
IT Network & Security AnalystConfidential
- Maintained security of voice and data networks and equipment. Monitored and maintained physical and logical security and access to systems.
- Responsible for support of existing security policies and procedures, as well as creation and implementation of new security procedures.
- Risk assessment of partners.
- Presented options to management for the enhancement of DNS, firewall, modernization of firewalls, and inbound e-mail security and robustness.
- Assisted with the upkeep of network infrastructure including switches and load balancers.
- Assisted in migration of VPN concentrators to new project.
- Achievements include completing TruSecure enterprise certification, and development of incident handling procedures.
Information Security Analyst - Technical
- Performed Microsoft Active Directory user account reviews, updates, and auditing.
- Worked closely with the corporate Systems Security Officer to refine and implement policies, procedures, plans, and guidelines supporting IT Security processes, based on knowledge of best practices and industry standards such as NIST 800-53.
- Scanned workstations, servers, and network hardware to identify compliance issues and remediates or coordinates remediation of all findings.
- Identified unauthorized devices attempting to connect to network and escalates/addresses situation as required.
- Identified unauthorized software installation and escalate/address situation as required.
- Configured and secured devices such as firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Performed periodic penetration testing of all applications and network elements for adherence to company security policies.
- Performed security incident response activities and recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Performed ongoing security control assessments in accordance with the organizational continuous monitoring strategy.
- Participated in testing, documenting, and updating of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Performed daily reviews (including file integrity and security monitoring logs) with follow-up and documentation of any suspicious activity.
- Performed weekly reviews (including security patch management reports, local user account audit reports, and local security group account membership audit reports) with follow-up and documentation of any non-compliance or unapproved accounts/account memberships.
- Developed and maintained metrics and indicators for information security and assurance.
- Installed Cisco 2861 Routers for the network; ensured every workstation was operational; configured router for the network; and installed 2611 router from network for customers.
- Changed circuit for customers; setup switches and hubs; communicated with the help desk to ensure that everything was set up and bridging/protocols were correct.
- Worked with IPX, BGP, OSPF, EIRGP, and DLSW on other contracts for customers; worked with dedicated circuit frame ISDN, VPN and VPN concentrator implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft 2000/2003/2008/2010 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Database, Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls WAN administration and support. SMS Administration Tools SharePoint 2008/2010 Administration and tools. IIS Administration.
- Provided network maintenance and systems support and configuration support for a Cisco-based Data Center with Windows 2003/2008, servers.
- Assisted in the support administration of expertise wide MS SQL Server databases.
- Provided recommendations to management.
- Set up and supported VPN configurations, installation and maintenance.
- Identified and implemented infrastructure, software, and processes to maintain and improve system availability, performance, and security.
- Troubleshot and resolved network performance issues.
- LAN administration, support, configuration, and maintenance.
- Configuration Management for Cisco switches and routers.
- Completed network LAN/WAN and WAN Administration and support.
- Remote site LAN, WAN, and desktop support.
- Assisted in hardware installation and maintenance of workstations, servers, networking equipment, and other supporting hardware.
- Performed user account creation, deletion, and configuration.
- Supported cross-platform software on non-UNIX client platforms, including some Windows and MacOS X support under the direction of other systems administration staff.
- Supervised backup and disaster recovery operations.
- Performed occasional off-hours and remote support.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Set up Windows 2000, XP, and XP Pro workstation.
- Set up Everdream configuration and Winvnc.
- Worked with the customer and set up Windows 2000.
- Server and workstation configurations.
- Migration experience with 2000/2003.
- Supported SQL, and Windows applications.
- Familiar with backup restore.
- Experience with Active Directory.