- Highly motivated and enthusiastic software engineer with 15+ years of software and test development across simulation, telecommunication, cable broadband and RF equipment industry. Expertise in designing, developing and testing software. Exhibit a wide - range of talents in the creation of documentation, team motivation, software release, configuration management and project management.
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates software across the complete software design/ development spectrum. Analyzes software requirements and determines design approach. Establishes software design elements to include documentation, flowcharts, diagrams and algorithms.
- Develops and executes software unit, functional and regression tests, and documents results. Verifies software system requirements, traceability, and testability.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Performs defect evaluation and root cause analysis. Determines resolution and takes corrective action.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents program function and output. Identifies nonconformances, issues corrective action and provides feedback to team members. Evaluates test execution against planned activities and retests as required. Analyzes test activities and results against test plans and project objectives.
- Creates documentation for software designs, test plans, test results/summary reports and software releases.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) processes. Knowledge of programming languages, operating systems, relational databases (SQL) and computing technology.
- Work well as a team member or independently.
- Recognized for commitment to customers, attention to detail, professionalism, and follow-up.
- Resourceful, motivated, quick learner, multi-task and results-oriented. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in conjunction with organizational and time management skills to perform daily duties.
Programming Languages: C / C++, FORTRAN, C Shell, Sed/Awk scripting, Bash, Perl, SQL, Lisp, HTML, 68000 Assembly
Operating Systems Environment: UNIX / Linux, Windows, DOS
Software development methodology: SDLC, Agile Software Development
Revision control systems/SCM (similar to Git): RCS, ClearCase
Defect tracking systems (similar to Jira): MicroWest AMMS, ARuser
Tools: HP WinRunner (test automation)
Desktop applications: Microsoft Office, Visual Basic, Visio, Toad for Oracle
Confidential, Fairfield, CA
- Created use cases and test cases for the Person-event Data Environment (PDE) application based on requirements.
- Participated designing the modifications to the PDE portal application.
- Executed functional tests of the PDE applications on the classified network.
- Created SQL queries to validate databases.
Confidential, Fairfield, CA
- Designed, developed and test software modifications for flight simulators, cockpit procedure trainers and boom operator trainers involving several systems such as the autopilot, fuel, electrical, flight management system (FMS), navigation, pressurization and visual system.
- Designed and modified software for the instructor operation station (user interface) to allow instructors to easily setup training scenarios for their students.
- Build and Release software and documentation for distribution to USAF training sites. Software and documentation were released 100% on-time as scheduled.
- Evaluated adequacy of existing programs and recommended design changes to improve equipment effectiveness and process improvements.
Confidential, Concord, CA
Quality Control Specialist/Investigator
- Developed procedures and coordinated testing activities that resulted in improved team productivity.
- Created data analysis reports for the test management team. Direct feedback indicated that these reports saved significant time and enabled other time-consuming reports to be eliminated.
- Managed a small staff of 5, guiding them to provide timely and quality services to the test team.
- Served on a team that reviewed customer documentation to eliminate errors and better convey product descriptions.
- Provided different testing strategies to test groups and assisted in testing software resulting in a more complete testing suite.
- Served as a backup for the configuration management team in compiling Release software, thereby reducing compiling errors.
Test Engineer, System Verification Test
- Attended requirement and design review meetings, thereby improving the process to create more comprehensive test plans.
- Automated tests, thereby saving test execution time.
- Effectively executed tests, alerting developers of any software and hardware defects.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed real-time embedded systems software/firmware as well as maintained and enhanced existing software such as application, communication and user interfaces software. Provided analysis, design coding, and software documentation using software structural design methodology. Involved in effective and prompt problem solving and customer support.
- Executed tests and troubleshoot software/firmware on the embedded systems using debugging tools.
- As project lead, managed work prioritization, project assignments, coordination, and formal releases of wireless modems to ensure operational efficiency and correct workflow.
- Developed a software testing tool that packetizes data used by software developers to test code, achieving significant reduction of implementation time.