- Proficient in Mainframe Applications with 8 years of work experience in multiple full life cycles projects including Requirement Analysis, Detailed Design, Build/Development of code, Unit/System testing, Implementation, Defect Fixing and maintenance as well as Application Support.
- Exceptional Knowledge in the Area of Corporate Actions, Wash Sale, Mutual fund Average cost Processing, Gift/Inheritance processing, Bond processing.
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills, with extensive knowledge of COBOL and Confidential DB2, JCL, CICS, VSAM, EAZYTRIEVE, etc.
- Expertise in using Mainframe tools like TSO/ISPF,SPUFI, Endeavor, Changeman, File - Aid, File-Manager, Platinum, BMC C Confidential log Manager XPEDITOR, INTERTEST, QMF, Control-M, COMPAREX, ICETOOL
- Used JCL and JCL utilities like IDCAMS, IEBGENER, SYNCSORT, ICETOOL etc to manipulate d Confidential sets, backup d Confidential sets, analyze d Confidential, load VSAM d Confidential sets, extract d Confidential for test conditions.
- Used CICS to develop pseudo conversational programs, develop BMS screens as per flow of the application functions.
- Debugged batch programs with XPEDITOR and Online CICS programs with INTERTEST
- Hands-on experience in Confidential Debug Tool for z/OS and XPEDITOR.
- Working Experience on DB2 stored procedures, SOLA Web Methods and X4ML.
- Proficient in formulating business requirements into technical solutions and Skilled in major services such as Development, Implementation, Enhancement/Maintenance and Upgrade.
- Able to analyze and measure current processes, identify and recommend the ideal best practice towards a better solution
- Hands-on experience in Code Reviews and UTP Reviews.
- Working experience on VSAM to DB2 conversion
- Experience in large scale D Confidential base expansion for new project requirements and impact analysis
- Create system health-check SQLs, Programs, jobs to identify the issues and fix the d Confidential for accurate tax reporting and eliminated corrections on the tax statements.
- Professional, flexible, creative, and service-oriented team player with effective communication skills, analytical and design skills along with strong problem solving abilities.
- Excellent working knowledge in Banking and financial Domain.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team lead in a fast-paced, challenging environment while effectively directing and providing support to entire team. A passion to learn and to absorb and apply new skills or concepts
- Proven ability to run large-scale IT initiatives; Strategic as well as solutions-focused thinker. Undertakes complex assignments and meet tight deadlines and delivers superior performance
AREA OF EXPOSURE:
- Requirement Analysis
- Preparation of Technical Specification
- Component Design.
- Construction of coding.
- Preparation of Test Plan.
- Peer Reviews.
- Unit testing of modules.
- System Testing
- QA testing and Validation
- Performance review and tuning
- Post Prod Verification of changes.
- Recycle of Claims
- Work product Reviews
- Analysis & Resolution of tickets
- Interaction with Client for understanding
- Business requirement
- Baselining of Project Documents
- Preparation of Estimation document
- Work on share point requests for clients on various queries and reports.
Programming Languages: VS COBOL II, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, SQL, PL/SQL
Domain Knowledge: Daily Trade Activities, Average cost, Wash Sale processing, Dividend, Spin-off, Return on capital, Bulk & JE Account Transfer, Bond Processing
Scheduling Tools: TIVOLI workload scheduler for Z/OS
Utilities / Tools: TSO/ISPF, JES2, SPUFI, VSAM, FILE AID, PLATINUM, NDM, SAR, DYL 280, OSDA, DEBUG TOOL, CLIST, REXX, CA-11, File Manager, Easytrieve, Fault Analyzer, AFP tools, CSF,MS Office, VISIO, APF/PDF convertor, BMC, ICETOOLCOMPAREX
Version Control Tool: ENDEVOR, CHANGEMAN
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
System Analyst / Developer
- In corporate IRS cost basis regulations to Tax Lot processes and Gather Monthly Statements and Tax statements/critical 1099B IRS statements.
- Created Realized and Unrealized Gain/Loss reports for the Key clients after the daily Activities
- Experience in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, designing, coding, testing, and deployment
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills, with extensive knowledge in DB2 Stored Procedures and SOLA Web methods.
- Developing new programs as per client’s or business requirements.
- Work closely with business for requirement gathering and review.
- Perform Unit, Functional, Negative, Regression, System integration Testing (SIT) and Performance testing.
- Testing all the functionalities in QA Plex region (Similar like Production environment)
- Developing suitable solutions, alternatives and options
- Developing testing strategies for efficient and error free testing
- Facilitate system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business.
- Coordinate in Scheduling of Jobs and provide on call support during tax season.
- Monitoring and solving abends of the production batch job runs.
- Analyzing the programs/jobs for any enhancements and modifications towards permanent resolutions for the issues encountered through tickets and user’s requests.
- Talented communicator, able to build working relationships with wide range of co-workers in team environment.
- Extremely well organized, with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
Environment: OS390, MVS/XA V 2.9, COBOL, JCL, SQL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, QMF, FILE-AID, ENDEVOR, DB2.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
System A nalyst / Developer
- Julius Baer Taxlot was brand new system that was created from the scratch in short period of time.
- Development, Testing and Production Support
- Design discussion and gathering requirements;
- Create High level and low level design documents,
- Analyzing the Requirements obtained from the client and Estimating the time required to in corporate the requirement in the system.
- Preparing the Software Design Documents stating the code changes and the location of the Code Changes in various modules
- Perform Peer Code review, review the code and there unit test results and compare them with the requirement document
- Coordinate with the integration of different requirements to implement the code to production
- Monitor the deployed code and review the performance of the code
- Generate Feed to JB and work with business to confirmation then send the files through FTP.
- Responsible for 24x7 production support; Respond to Abend or Issue calls from monitoring team and fix the same on immediate basis.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle from the gathering till Rollout of the projects to production
- z/OS, WINDOWS
- JCL, COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, CICS
- DB2, VSAM,STORED PROCEDURE(Native/External)
- TIVOLI WORK LOAD SCHEDULER
- SAR, QMF, SPUFI, FILE MANAGER, INTERTEST, PLATINUM, DYL280, NDM, FTP Services for mainframe
- Analyzing business and functional requirement For High level design.
- Development of code and unit testing
- Perform Component integrated testing and work with external applications for system testing.
- Fix issues reported during the testing.
- Worked large scale D Confidential base expansion for new project requirements and impact analysis
- Create health check programs/jobs to identify the issues and fix the d Confidential for accuracy
- Present d Confidential for Business sign off and Implement the code on sign-off.
- Performing reviews and ensure the overall quality of the project
- Work with DBA and discuss the ideas for improving system performance & cost saving of the project.
- z/OS, WINDOWS
- JCL, COBOL, EASYTRIEVE, REXX , CICS
- IMS-DB, VSAM , DB2
- Mainframe Tivoli, CA7
- SAR, FILE AID, File Manager, NDM, FTP SERVICES FOR MAINFRAME, PLATINUM, SPUFI, Confidential Utilities , SOLA.