- Over 9+ years in the field of technology industry as Systems Administrator/Consultant.
- Administration and 24/7 support of RedHat Enterprise Linux Server v7/6/5/4 and Confidential AIX 5L v7.1/6.1/5 . 3 Servers.
- Extensive expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux Server v7/6/5/4 , VMWare vSphere
- Experience in Linux and AIX including File Systems, Processes, Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Installing RedHat Enterprise Linux Server v7/6/5 using Kickstart servers and using PXE boot.
- VIO Server v1.3/2.1/2.2, Hardware Management Console, IVM and its associated tools.
- Experience in VIO/LPAR/DLPAR technology for installing partitions through NIM and Managing partitions through HMC Console.
- Experience in PowerVM of all virtualization services like Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA),VLAN, VLAN tagging, IVE, NPIV (N port ID virtualization) configuration, virtual SCSI services to multiple VIO servers/client partitions.
- Experience working in PowerHA/HACMP v 6.1/5.5/5.4/5.3 , environment including planning and installation of clustered environment, creating Resource group, configuration and support.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Managing GPFS Clusters and GPFS Cluster file system.
- Excessive experience in EMC VMAX migration from VSCSI to NPIV in Confidential pSeries environment.
- Experience in Managing Storage Disks using multipathing software like SDD/SDDPCM/PowerPath in Confidential pSeries Systems for Confidential and EMC storage systems.
- Extensive experience in network management TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, NFS and VLAN .
- Experience in Backup software like NetBackup and TSM includes client installation, configuration and verification of incremental/full backup.
- Experience working on ticketing system such as Remedy, Confidential Clear Quest and Manage Now.
- Problem solving, Troubleshooting and Performance tuning skills .
- Excellent User Interaction and Good Communication Skills.
SKILLS AND OTHER DETAILS:
Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux Server v7/6/5/4, AIX v 7.1/6/1/5.3/4.3.3 , Windows v 2000/2003/2008
Tools: VMWare, vSphere, ILOM, HMC, VIO, LPAR/DLPAR
Hardware: Dell, HP, Confidential pSeries, p7 (720/750/770/780/795 ), p6(650/680), p5(520/550/570)
Storage Systems: Confidential Store wise, EMC DMX1000/DMX2000/DMX4, EMC Celerra
Applications: NetBackup, TSM, PeopleSoft, WebSphere, MQ, Patrol
Database: DB2, SQL Server 7.0, 2000, Oracle v8i/9i/10i/11i
Programming: Shell Script
Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
Sr. UNIX/AIX Systems Administration
- Currently supporting environment with more than 1000+ Linux and AIX Servers with current client account.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting and maintenance of RedHat Enterprise Linux Server v7/6/5 and AIX 5.3/6.1/7.1 and VIOC, RHEL v4/v5/v6 . VIOS 1.3/2.1/220.127.116.11 and VIOS/Systems Firmware upgrade on pSeries systems.
- Managed server on VMware vshpere , and Configure Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of AIX Operating System with Server Virtualization and Micro partitioning.
- Disk subsystem configuration, File systems and logical volume planning and configuration.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (top, sar, iostat, vmstat, netstat, mpstat, prstat, nfsstat, dmidecode, etc) and tuned I/O, memory etc for RHEL Servers.
- Expertise to handle tasks in Red Hat Linux includes upgrading RPMS using YUM , kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Experience in upgrading and patching Linux servers using Red hat Satellite Server and also worked on registering different client servers and involved in building channels and pushing the packages to master Red hat Satellite server.
- Monthly security patching, TL/SP update , OS upgrade on AIX and regular patching on RHEL .
- Worked on configuring and maintaining Virtualization infrastructure on VMware, vSphere and Virtual center deployment.
- HACMP 5.4/Power HA system mirror 6.1 and 7.1 installation/upgrade, configuration and maintenance with regular fail over, fall back testing.
- Update of system firmware /HMC version, adapter, disk macrocodes with regular MDS service.
- Installing and upgrading SDDPCM /Power path software for fiber channel storage mgt with full understanding of Confidential and EMC storage.
- Mapping the vscsi drives between VIO server and clients and Creating Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA) on VIO server for different VLANs.
- LPAR migration with Live partition Mobility.
- Managing CRON jobs, batch processing and job scheduling with k shell and Perl scripting.
- NIM backups, performance monitoring, capturing periodic application and system report and various other automation tasks.
- Installation, upgrades & configuration of TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER (Server, Client and storage agents) running on multiple platforms on AIX and Linux.
- Setting up and supporting remote printer queues on production and development servers.
- Providing supports for Application/DB environment for their change tasks.
- TCP/IP Configuration like assigning IP addresses, configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes, host names etc.
- Network troubleshooting with tcpdump and ip trace.
- Installing and configuring tools like Tivoli ITM Monitoring, Tivoli TDPO Oracle monitoring, Samba, Sudo.
- Using Remedy and Service now tools for ticketing systems.
- Provide 24*7 production supports for sev1/sev2 issues and performing weekend changes during tech window.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Sr. System Administrator
- 24/7 support, AIX and Linux OS installation/Migration/Cloning, System support and Administration.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5x, 6x Servers on HP, Dell Hardware and VMware virtual environment
- Disk management and implementation of RAID levels using parted and mdadm .
- Managed software packages and updates using the RPM and YUM tools , and created package repositories necessary for optimal system performance.
- Implemented file transfer systems using FTP, NFS, and SSH (SCP).
- Configuration and Implementation Firewall/IPtables rules on new servers.
- Installation and configuration of AIX v5.3/6.1 on Confidential pSeries Hardware.
- Performed Kernel tuning and Kernel patching .
- Creation and configuration of Logical Partitions LPARs VIOC and VIOS using Hardware Management Console (HMC).
- Design, Implement, and maintain multiple p770, p780, p795, p570, p550, p595, servers using HMC (Hardware Management Console).
- Configuring and administration of NIM server and NIM client.
- Implemented RHEL native multipathing on all the storage devices provided to the host from SAN.
- Install, configure and upgrade SDD / SDDPCM/PowerPath for Confidential and EMC Storage Systems
- Migrating EMC storage to Confidential storage and HITACHI to Confidential storage.
- Perform tuning and capacity planning tasks to maintain optimal system performance and availability.
- Designing and managing disk space using AIX Logical Volume Management ( LVM ). Creating vg and lv extend vg, lv, mirroring vg.
- User administration, Creating users, groups, modification, checking and changing user parameters.
- Installed and Configured PowerHA/HACMP clusters and failover testing and support.
- Installation, Configuration Administration of GPFS on AIX 6.1 and GPFS Cluster file system configuration.
- Install, configure, and maintain HMC and apply latest fixes or upgrade HMC code.
- Filesystems Backup and Restore using TSM/HSM backup.
- Monitored performance on all UNIX/Linux based system using various performance monitoring tools, such as Confidential NMON, TOPAS, BMC Patrol and etc.
- Taking regular system backup using mksysb and volume group backups using savevg, backup in file system and files.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Unix/Linux Administration Providing 24x7 on call support.
- Experience in AIX 5L v 6.1/5.3/5.2/5.1 includes new system planning, customer support, system related problem determination and resolutions.
- Installation and maintenance of Redhat Enterprise Linux Server v5/v4 on HP and Dell Hardware.
- Strong understanding of VMware vSphere Centre.
- Experience in creation of LPAR/DLPAR , micro - partitioning and installation of AIX through NIM server and managing partitions using HMC
- Managed Confidential p5 Systems like 550 and 570 with running AIX 5.3 O/S
- Monitoring a variety of systems UNIX, AIX and Solaris for disk space usage, memory usage, CPU usage and service functionality.
- AIX Servers Installation/upgrade and maintenance on different hardware.
- Building VIO server and VIO clients according to the requirement.
- Setting up/Configuring VLAN and AIX installation using NIM.
- Worked with SAN Administrator for activity like upgrading PowerPath , assigning disks from EMC Symmetric to AIX Systems and creating file systems on top of those disks
- Using pcmpath/Powerpath to manage allocated SAN disks.
- Using HMC to manage LPARs.
- Backup, System Recovery, Security and Performance Tuning.
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Responsible to resolve problem tickets .
- Documentation of necessary changes to fixes common problems to provide resources to keep system current.
AIX System Administrator
- Providing 24x7 On-call Support on a weekly rotation basis to ensure availability of Servers
- Installation/Migration, Configuration and Administration of AIX v 4.3.3/5.1/5.2/5.3
- Installation/Migration, Standard/ Extended Configuration of HACMP v 4.4.1/5.1/5.2 (High Availability Clustering Multi-Processing) and Post Implementation Tasks including Testing/Verification and synchronizing cluster
- Managing Aliases, Managing Zones and Managing Configuration.
- Installation and Configuration of AIX 5.2 according to Server Building Plan on p670/p630 system through NIM.
- AIX Servers Installation/upgrade and maintenance on different hardwares.
- Implementing and Managing LPAR/DLPAR on AIX through HMC
- Sudo access, Unix User Security Administration.
- Vi editor experience to modify UNIX files.
- Up gradation of production systems by Installing PTF (Program Temporary Fix) and APAR (Authorized Program Analysis Report) whenever required and necessary with minimum down time.
- To ensure audit accountability for each and every user in production environment.
- Documenting necessary changes and Configuration of System and keep it current.
- Managing System Resources like File System, Disk space, Volume Groups, Logical Volumes and Physical Volumes
- Scheduling Daily Incremental and weekly Full Backup using Crontab
- Supporting and automating various tasks using Shell scripts.