Skilled, versatile, highly motivated and results - oriented Senior Systems Engineer with 30 years of extensive commercial and military experience in communications infrastructure and network build outs, optimization, programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of LMR systems. Proven ability in testing of complex computer system applications, analysis of end user needs and desk top support along with systems design from concept to implementation, project/program management, strategic planning, customer relations, business administration and management of operations in network administration. Ability to manage deadlines; identify customer concerns, resolve technical issues and work independently or as part of a team to achieve company and customer objectives and goals; excellent organizational and supervisory skills and analytical.
- TCP/IP and LAN WAN, CAN Networking
- FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, GSM, UMTS
- Microsoft Office Suite, Win 7 Professional and 10 OS, WebEx, Remote Desktop access, Putty Telnet and other Emulators, VPN’s, VMware Storage platforms, Programmed with Confidential EOS’s. configured network switches and routers. Troubleshot Eltek network power supply systems, Can troubleshoot to component level.
Sr. Systems Wireless Engineer
- Program, troubleshoot, test, check and assist with Confidential system upgrades nation wide for Confidential radio communications equipment.
- I have used the Airoflex 3920 service monitor and other related network site test equipment for troubleshooting and isolating system issues and checking BER, RSSI and all related transmitter checks, tests and optimization.
- Travel to states assisting with Confidential and Confidential 7.17 system upgrades along with managing site operability and functionality through Confidential Client and Unified Event Manager viewing system componets and alarm state.
- Am a liason between Confidential ’s PM’s, FST’s, ST’s and the Confidential .
- Work with Confidential PM’s to ensure a seamless upgrade transition has occurred and or is occurring.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- LMR system will be integrated into the buildings DAS for supporting communications with MPD/DCFD/Amtrak PD along with access to RINS, NIPSPAC and local area interoperability partners.
- I have just finished writing the subscriber fleet map, designed, programmed and tested agencies template.
- I am using FIPS2-level-3 AES256 encryption and designed the algorithm along with flash code upgrading all subscribers with OTAR. I just completed programming over 200 portables which include both Confidential APX4000/7000 multi mode subscribers, an infrastructure Consolette's along with the MCC7500 Dispatch Console, GUI, VPM and installed, tested and checked the Nice play back HP440 server in the dispatch server room.
- Made Cat5e,6 Ethernet cabling for all 10/100Mbps and full/half duplex Black Box media converters for network traffic between floors.
Sr. Systems Technologist
- Managed State communication and private vendors along with all contractors.
- Maintained and programmed the Master & Prime /ASR sites which included HP Server DL380p Gen8 CSA, SQL Server2008 R2. GGM8000’s Gateway Site Routers S2500 and S6000, System LAN HP2610 and 3800 switches, HP DL380p servers, VMware common server application, CSA, virtual machines, UNS’s, GTR8000 Base Radios, GCP8000 Controllers, GGM8000 Comparators, MCC7500 Console, MCC7100 laptop’s, AI Server Unix and Redhat.
- Responsible for interrogating systems infrastructure alarms and modifying functionality utilizing management and system level computers/servers Confidential Client, RCM, UEM, UNC/Voyence, Provisioning Manager, CSA’s with VMware and NICE Recordings. Installed media converters for Cat6 to single mode fiber links for LAN communications.
- Supervised and installed the Confidential ’s MD FIRST SER1 System WAN Software upgrade in June 2015.
- Installed and managed network infrastructure support implementing FSB’s (Field Service Bulletins) and SER’s (Software Enhancement upgrades) through the networks WAN infrastructure.
- Managed, interrogated and programmed the network utilizing the Confidential Client, Unified Event Manager, Unified Network Configurator, Configuration Services Software, Software Download Manager and emulators including Putty
- Programmed 190 new accountability login procedures into the networks Domain Controllers for our communication contractors and systems engineers. This access included Confidential Client, RCM, UEM, UNC and Provisioning Manager,
Sr. Communications Technician (SME)
- Oversee Confidential network infrastructure Confidential Smart Zone IV&D P25 Trunked Digital 7.5 2 Site Simulcast
- Wrote, Programmed and KVL Encrypted over 700 public safety network radio subscribers; including consoles, control stations, APX, XTL/S Subscribers, CDM750’s for FMARS interoperability, ICOM A110 for Tower and Ground Communications through the network Confidential ’s to communicate to/from AM in the Air Traffic Control Tower for Public Safety.
- Programmed the Elite Gold Consoles, ADM/CDM, Confidential ’s, AEB’s, Confidential ’s and Tuned Cavities and Combiners. Programmed the GCP8000’s, GGM8000, GTR8000’s, STR3000’s and Quantar Baser Radios for the network
- Utilized General Dynamics 2670, IFR’s & R8000 service monitors and Network T1 Test set equipment.
Sr. Communications Systems Technician
- Promoted to Confidential ’s Senior Communications Network SME by Confidential ’s Executive Director
- Aided Confidential Solutions with the installation of wiring in T-1’s, Ethernet cabling, servers, switches, routers, tensors and three wire line and three wireless Confidential ’s which support all station radios for two seven channel remote, Master and Prime sites, 2 simulcast remote sites and 1 ISR Intelligent Site Repeater
- Responsible for managing and interrogating Confidential ’s network infrastructure using MOSCAD, NM Client, UEM, UCM, and ZCM management computers programmed APX/XTS/XTL code plugs into mobile and portable subscribers. Modified ADM/CDM server applications for both wire line and wireless Confidential ’s and 12 Elite Gold console
Sr. Communications Systems Technician
- Programmed and maintained the 20 channel voice and 5 channel data Confidential Net trunked radio system and management computers
- Managed and programmed Centracom System II Confidential ’s; replaced Centracom Series II console modules
- Responsible for programming, installing and repairing Confidential 800MHZ analog Quantar base stations, Confidential mobiles and portable radio equipment
- Interrogated and programmed system network equipment utilizing R2670 series communications systems analyzer, RF test set using Bird 43 Wattmeter, Termaline, Analog and Digital VOM’s, RIB’s and multiple programming cables