- Skilled Systems Analyst and Developer with domain experience in insurance, retail commerce, banking, manufacturing, and telemarketing.
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouses, Datamarts and Opermarts.
- Experience with (SDLC) systems development lifecycles.
- Relational database experience in logical and physical data models, multidimensional databases and business concepts.
- Ability to create detailed requirements documents.
- Ability to work with development factories, project management and reporting skills.
- Recognized for the ability to translate business specifications and technical requirements.
- Extensive experience in leading analysis, design, development, maintenance, debugging and testing.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team player. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Business Analysis Technical Documentation Requirements Analysis
- Critical Thinking Retail Banking UAT & QA Testing
- Operation Analysis Experience ETL & Unix Mainframe Programming
Software : TSO/ISPF, MS Office, Business Objects, PWC, Remedy, Visio, Project, Syncsort.
Languages: COBOL; JCL; CICS; SQL; PL/SQL; Progress; KornShell; FoxPro.
Databases: Oracle; DB2; Dbase; Progress, Access, Datamart, Opermart.
Operating Systems: z/OS; OS390; MVS; VMS; Windows; UNIX.
Confidential, Dorchester, Massachusetts
Systems Applications Coordinator
- Coordinates activities to successfully implement technology applications, change requests and modifications of projects within an IT consulting project involving Data Warehouses/Datamarts.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects involving Data Warehouses/Datamarts provides project management support to team members.
- Oversees all aspects of projects during the project development lifecycle. Creates and manages project schedules and deliverables.
- Manages project issues, risks, scope and budget. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Responsible for communications plan and all aspects of project related communications.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Mainframe, Unix, Cobol, JCL, CICS, DB2, Datamart, Opermart, PL/SQL, TSO/ISPF, kornshell, MS - Office, Control-M.
Confidential, Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts
Applications Specialist Systems Analyst
- Investigated, defined, and analyzed all business and systems requirements. Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Developed and revised user manuals, test procedures and technical documentation for diverse applications. Resulting in a 30% reduction in workaround and maintenance expense.
- Tested, maintained, and monitored applications and systems, including coordinating their installation in production. Participated in UAT and QA Test. Reduce potential failures post-installation.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems. I helped the users to focus on the real problems instead of the symptoms.
- Communicated with internal/external users, quality assurance, and members of senior management.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Mainframe, Unix, Cobol, JCL, CICS, DB2, PL/SQL, TSO/ISPF, kornshell, MS-Office, Control-M.
Consultant/Business & Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Led the effort to developed a GUI application for a manufacturing process.
- Also I contributed writing the technical documentation, and the Systems Standards Guide for GUI applications.
- Analyzed information to determined, recommended and planned a new system or modification.
- Presented proposals to internal customers and communicated new standards.
- Authored a comprehensive 40-page document, including graphics, images, and examples for a new to reduce the learning curve in 30% among my peers.
- Designed an application for the manufacturing laboratory to create new color threads.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Unix, SQL, Progress, MS-Office.
Team Leader/System Analyst/Programmer
- Led a team; built, designed and implemented programs and upgrading core skills. This effort gave us better position on the market to compete for our clients projects.
- Gathered business requirements and prepared business and technical proposals for projects.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, and troubleshot applications for external customers with PL/SQL, COBOL, and JCL. I collaborated to gain contracts in the mainframe area.
- Collaborated with teams in Atlanta GA and Stamford CT for five months through a transition of a legacy system to Oracle Financials for GE Capital.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Mainframe, Unix, Cobol, JCL, CICS, PL/SQL, TSO/ISPF, kornshell, MS-Office.
- Managed a team, doing analysis, design, development and implementation of credit and debit card applications. C reated user manuals and technical documentation.
- Managed production support for credit and debit products, helping to maintain the operations running, our team accomplished the lower rate of production incidents during 2 consecutive years.
- Analyzed and designed business requirements for the banks first debit card system; led a team in development, testing, and implementation in 8 months, on time and within budget.
- Collaborated with a cross-functional team, transferring the banks credit card product to a third party United States based vendor, reducing expenses by 20%.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Mainframe, Unix, Cobol, JCL, CICS, DB2, PL/SQL, TSO/ISPF, kornshell, MS-Office, FoxPro, Dbase, Control-M.